iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Damselian
incendiary savior

Default "Engi no Brawl!" Combat League

Engi no Brawl!

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen of Engi.

I'm looking to start a new kind of 'tournament' with EnB here. I'm not going for a one-time tourney format like most of the others. I feel like this reduces activity because people tend to give up halfway through. Instead, I want to try to make it a league. Players sign up for the league, and they are assigned matches. Instead of getting through a tournament, it's a consistent affair. Once you complete a match, you can sign up for another one. If your character is killed, don't worry about it. Damage won't last beyond the thread, so you can indulge in whatever brutality you may desire.

Here's how I envision the process working:

After signing up, or in the same post, you may request a match at any time. The interesting thing I want to try is to mix up the matches. Give the league members plenty of options. First two choices, either you want to select your opponent or have one chosen for you. If you want to fight someone in a higher/lower rank, or multiple opponents, you can do that too. We could even have team battles if we wanted to.

Next, I also want to work on creating interesting and dynamic settings for each match. Mix indoor and outdoor battlefields to keep it diverse. We could also have obstacles or traps in the environment, or feature events woven into the setting. For example, I was picturing a battle in a burning or flooding building. The shinobi could fight in a tight stairwell, forced to climb higher in every post as the floodwaters surge upward. There are many fun things we could do with creative settings.

Two important things that I do need, though, are judges and players. If we can get the roster to make this happen, EnB could be a lot of fun. So, if you're interested in a new kind of fighting tournament, sign up here.

Rules:

1) All usual godmoding/metagaming/fair play rules are in effect.
2) Engi rules will also apply, including stats and jutsu usage restrictions
3) 3 Character maximum per league member
4) May enroll with any rank, or village affiliation

To sign up for the combat league, simply list the names of the characters you'll be using, and their ranking. I need judges very much, so if you are interested in the position, note that as well. You may sign up for both judge and player positions, but any attempt to 'punish' someone who may have beaten you in a previous match will result in complete expulsion from the league. Obviously, only the best applicants will be accepted as judges. You have a much better chance at becoming a judge if you're already EoE or staff. As a competitor, everyone is welcome.

Roster

Jounin
Konbou Tenma - Damselian
Koshin Sora - Nutextrordinaire
Shin Gounomono - Long
Kisaragi Jubei - xskiesx
Kasatsu Toshimi - Bunrakudo
Itaku Chizuru - Narf
Techinoma Raisuke - Kana
Iamaroto Sai - Kana
Mitofugi Sanosuke - Kasairyuu

Chuunin
Inuzuka Taiichi - Nutextrordinaire
Tsuyoshi Takeo - Long
Akimichi Hamada - Nan Wu
Asherogi Koe - Kana

Genin
Hiruma Sei - Nan Wu
Satake Koru - Apple

Judges
Kana
Nut
Narf

Match History
--

Judging Information

Fighters in Engi no Brawl will be graded on a 3 part rubric in order to decide the winner of each match. Each competitor will be awarded a score between 1-5 for each category. If one fighter is knocked unconscious or killed, their opponent will be awarded a 3 point bonus. That will give the 'winner' of the fight an advantage, but still allow the 'loser' the possibility of winning by points if their performance was truly exceptional. The rubric itself is fairly self explanatory.

Writing Quality
1-2-3-4-5
Combat Strategy
1-2-3-4-5
Originality/Creativity
1-2-3-4-5

One judge will be assigned to every match. It is their responsibility to read every post in the fight, and arbitrate any disagreements that may transpire. In any argument, the judge's word is law. Even if you disagree with them, you must accept their decision and edit or post appropriately. Judges, you may also activate traps and events during the fight, in order to make things more interesting.

SPECIAL NOTICE!

I have two AP that I was going to use for my new character. Instead, I'm going to invest it in this league. There will be a Champion crowned at the end of each season (spring, summer, etc.). This champion will receive 2 AP and the prestigious title of Engi no Brawl! champ. I would greatly appreciate it if staff or members who join the league would contribute AP of their own to be given away as prizes. At this point, I only have enough spare AP to support one season.

A Humble Request

If you enjoy Engi no Brawl and wish to support the league in some way, you can help us expand by advertising in your sig. Just copy pasta the following link onto the end of your signature. I would appreciate it immensely. By simply adding this to your sig, you can help generate traffic and get more people involved in this league. I hope that it will grow strong enough to serve as the main infrastructure for RPC combat on the site, since there are so few opportunities for such battles elsewhere.

[*font=Georgia][*right][*URL="http://www.narutorp.net/showthread.php?p=433251"][*COLOR="Red"]"En[/COLOR][*COLOR="DarkOrange"]gi no Bra[/COLOR]wl!"[/URL][/right][/FONT]

Take the asterisks off the front part of each code in order to make them work. Thank you in advance for supporting the league.

Tenma's Genjutsu Swaps - 0/3 Approvals

Last edited by Damselian; 08-12-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Damselian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
Nutextrordinaire
Freak Nerdist

Alright, I'll apply for both player and judge, just because this sounds like some fun and will help me in my RPC battling writing skills .

The Characters I will play with;
Inuzuka Taiichi, Chuunin
Koshin Sora, Jounin

Nutextrordinaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

I'm going to apply to be a judge...may or may not be a player...depends on what sort of turnout this thing has.

Items/Swaps/To Do List
Kana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Long
bot-magnet

I'll say up as a player for now; maybe I'll try my hand at judging next season or if there is a need for one.

Jounin - Gou

Chuunin - Takeo

Feel free to bug me.

-

- / - / - Jutsu
0 /

Bestest, most recent, writing fail.

Quote:
He would make no escape attempted, he could not. Iamarato's technique temporary stolen his echo from him
Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #5
xskiesx
Hadouken!

Sounds fun. I'd be interested in player and i'd probably be able to judge if there was a lack of them. (last resort? sure.)

I'd probably participate with my Mist Jounin, Jubei, who is currently in unfinished. Not done and ready for normal reg yet, but not that far off either.

Shouryuu of Leaf
xskiesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
Nan_Wu
Live from the Underground

I would also like to enter this combat League. It sounds like a lot of fun and should provide those who aren't in threads (like myself), plenty of things to do. I'll be entering as a player.

The Characters I'm Competing With
Akimichi Hamada- Chuunin
Hiruma Sei-[The first Genin entry!!]

Characters
Nadira- Sand Jounin
Hamada- Leaf Chuunin
Shen- Cloud Chuunin
Sei- Stone Genin

Nan_Wu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
Bunrakudo
HhhhrrrraaaaGGGHHHH!!!

I am so signing up for this as a competitor. Willing to serve as a judge if there's a great need (despite my lack of EoEness).

Kasatsu Toshimi - Jounin

A Torn Soul Split Down The Middle: Kasatsu Toshimi
The Retinue: Her Private Army

Registry Beggars

Zillch, thank you very much!

Bunrakudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
Long
bot-magnet

Please describe what "Fairness" means.

Feel free to bug me.

-

- / - / - Jutsu
0 /

Bestest, most recent, writing fail.

Quote:
He would make no escape attempted, he could not. Iamarato's technique temporary stolen his echo from him
Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #9
Damselian
incendiary savior

Funny you mention that. I realized after I posted the rubric that the fairness category was pretty useless. If anything, judges should let competitors know about any fairness issues during the fight, not dock points during the grading. I switched up the rubric a bit, check it out. If you have any more concerns, please PM me. In fact, if anyone has any input, especially about the grading rubric, I'd love to hear it. I'd like to get this thing as streamlined as possible, so your feedback is very much appreciated.

Tenma's Genjutsu Swaps - 0/3 Approvals

Last edited by Damselian; 07-09-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Damselian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #10
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

How many people do you plan on participating and I'd imagine that all three ranks would be separated, correct?

Items/Swaps/To Do List
Kana is offline   Reply With Quote