iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #31
Cayuga
Hardcore Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,016
Default

Now the dilemma was real and Tao had to face the reality that there was something seriously wrong with the situation. There was no doubt that if it was the Kusakage telling him it was ok it would be a different story but at this point it was just cruel and disgusting what was happening. These kids were weak and wrongfully guided. There was no reason to kill them and if that was the end result of this attack then, as a doctor he would have nothing of it. There was a difference between justice and destruction and the EKD agent were not doing it appropriately. Plus within that clearing was a Kusa-shinobi; someone that had become his friend.

Tao knew that the EKD were headed by the Grass Lord but this seemed different. There was no way that Tao wanted these kids to die. With the doctor instict taking hold Tao began to force his hand. He guessed he would have to take the brunt of punishment later. Besides the EKD had to follow shinobi as well. Suddenly, without warning Tao erupted in emotion and created a dragon.

The dragon itself was fearsome in its own right but it had some power to it that would surprise anyone unaware of the jutsu.

"Call off your attack right now! Those are kids in there! They may be vandals but they don't deserve death like this! How do you even know without the full story. There is also a grass shinobi within that clearing as well. Someone that I will not allow to die. I am sorry but as a doctor I will not allow you to do this and as a Kusa-nin I will not stand for it." Tao yelled at the captain that was still fairly close by.

Tao would allow the captain of the EKD to fall back before doing anything too hasty.


Last edited by Cayuga; 04-14-2017 at 06:44 AM..
Cayuga is offline  
Old 04-09-2017, 01:01 AM   #32
Mizu
Snow GM
 
Mizu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Narutolandesu
Posts: 7,715
Default

His body moved without thought. That's what Kou noticed first. He moved forward, right as the first round beat into the earth behind him, sending chunks of grass and ground meters high. Kou's head found itself looking over his shoulder, trying to calculate how many rounds were being launched, scanning to see possible trajectories for the explosive rounds. He leaped forward, turning in air.

One such explosive flew between him and the girl who was hastily calling up more wood and bark to create a thick wall. His foot connected with the round, kicking it to the side. Which was a poor choice, Kou would come to realize, when the round erupted only inches from his lower left leg, the concussive force spinning him like a pinwheel sideways into a new wall summoned from the ground. The walls kept popping up and blasting away, dozens of round destroying the ground like someone casually scooping out earth ice cream, pockets of destruction left in the wake. Kou tried rolling onto his feet but noticed a now open shin where his leg used to be, the white of bones spattered with inky black blood. He didn't think there was severe muscle damage, so why was he limping so much?

"Wait!" He called again, lifting one hand up in desperation. "Stop!"

One more round, aiming straight for the girl who now laid on the ground, not moving much. He threw a kunai, aiming to knock it out of the way as he jumped, using what little stamina he had left in his weak body. The kunai connected with a soft 'think' as he landed above her, arms splayed out around her, but not touching her.

Sound. Lots of sound. Yelling. He felt a giant punch in his side, rock and grass and roots and clay hitting him from the side, pushing him sideways closer to the girl. A rock embedded in his abdomen, hanging heavily through his shirt until falling onto the ground, soaked in bright red blood. That was good. Red blood was good, that meant...

Kou wondered. That meant... oxygen... something about not bleeding out. Not that deep maybe? Hm. He wasn't sure. He should study more.

Maybe he'd read about that?

Gosh, it was loud and he was so tired. Maybe he could sleep. Just for a little. Maybe just a quick nap. No one would know.
__________________
Unofficial Official Snow GM
Kaori|Hoshi|Koushou|Tsuneo|Yuri|Kei|AP|Swaps|Items|Database

[[Jadartan]]
Social Media Moderator for Engi.
Enari Clan GM, The Loyalists GM


Last edited by Mizu; 04-09-2017 at 07:21 PM..
Mizu is offline  
Old 04-11-2017, 11:51 PM   #33
merdle
Robot Admin
 
merdle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: northerly
Posts: 5,861
Default

The leader of the EKD men, his mask on now, held a hand up to Tao and his dragon. Behind the gas mask, it was hard to know the man's emotions, but he wasn't shaking before the jutsu, even if some of his men were now hesitating to move.

"Stand down Mr. Shinobi," The leader said to Tao, "We have direct orders from the Daimyou, that trumps anything you have to say. We are to eliminate or capture the girl, for the safety of Grass Country."

The leader motioned to his men and was clearly speaking over comms. Some of them moved, but the explosions had already stopped.

"These vandals aren't just a little gang. Our intel is different than yours. As for your friend, I'll have the survivors brought over here and you can pick him out of the crowd."

He then focused back in on Tao, and stopped giving his orders, "So drop your technique. Because if you get in our way, it won't end well for you or your friend."

In the smoke cloud spreading over the battlefield, EKD were moving with kukri blades at the ready. Any of the kids that moved were knocked with the hilts, and taken down. One kid created a simple grass clone, but in his weakened state a pair of EKD slashed him with a blade across his chest that took him down.

The girl crawled over to Kou as he laid collapsed. She was bruised and beaten, blood trailing down her face, but she reached out a hand for him before the gloved hand of an EKD grabbed her by the wrist and pulled them behind her back. She was coughed and gagged before another EKD came and did the same to Kou and dragged them back toward the wagon.

Many other EKD were returning with kids in hand, coming out of the smoke cloud they created with kids over their shoulders or dragged by cuffs.

"Looks like we're finishing up here," The leader said, "We have our suspect."
merdle is offline  
Old 04-12-2017, 12:03 PM   #34
Cayuga
Hardcore Member
 
Cayuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,016
Default

Tao was now torn between what was right and what was wrong. In one hand he was a shinobi and a medic and he shouldn’t allow such horrible things happen. However, in the other hand he was also a shinobi that followed the orders of his superiors. If the Daimyou was asking for the retrieval of the children then Tao would have to stand down and as long as his fellow team member was able to get out free there would be no real issue towards the mission. In Tao’s eyes, they will complete the mission and they will both be able to go home. There was nothing wrong with that.

Thinking for only a moment Tao decided to let his grass dragon disperse and turn back to foliage and let his aggressive stance turn into a passive one. It was a smart move for Tao and as the kids and Kou began to be taken out of the smoke screen Tao couldn’t help but feel lost still.

As he sifted through the bodies of the EKD and the vandals he was able to lock on to Kou, who was now sitting against the steel wagon. Rushing over to him Tao began to heal him up. He wanted to make sure that there were no real dangers to his life and with that his medical instinct was the first to surface.

He cusped his hands towards the larger wound on his forearm; It was deep and bleeding bad. Luckily, Tao was able to get to it in time to allow the bleeding to stop. It probably helped that Kou was also a medic, and he was sure to have treated it once he was inflicted.

"This is my partner right here. We will go and report on our mission being a success. We don’t want any trouble." Tao stated out loud to the captain.

"I don’t agree with what is happening but these kids are bad news right? The Daimyou is even after them. We should report to Lord Fukumen." Tao stated quietly to Kou as he tried to get him up from his seated position.


Last edited by Cayuga; 04-14-2017 at 06:44 AM..
Cayuga is offline  
Old 04-12-2017, 03:41 PM   #35
Mizu
Snow GM
 
Mizu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Narutolandesu
Posts: 7,715
Default

He felt his hands being moved and pinned behind his back. He was hoisted and unceremoniously dumped. He tried speaking but there was something in his mouth, blocking his tongue from forming the words. With dexterity he somehow mustered, Kou was able to move the gag just enough to moan out a few monosyllabic answers.

"NO." His voice was muffled and distraught but his words were clear enough. "Girl."

He had seen her, reaching for him like he was her last lifeline. Just an inch more and she would have been able to grab him. Kou didn't know what these grown men were going to do, but he certainly couldn't let them hurt the girl. She was scared, lashing out because of pain and fear. And that symbol, maybe it was making her do these things. She didn't have to worry any more because Kou was going to save them.

A lot of good that did.

Tao spoke at Kou, words spinning vibrantly by his face, missing his ears. Kou stared ahead, dumbfounded and confused. Why was he being tied up, too? Why was he gagged? Did they assume he was the enemy. Tao helped him up, tending to his wounds.

Kou snapped back to reality, scanning the area wildly for the girl. Instead he just found a lot of bodies, kids laying like discarded dolls, lifeless and limp. Is this what Grass does? Is this how the elite Kusa defense force maintains peace? Murdering children?

"They didn't even get a trial," he said, hollow and low. "Are they judge and executioner? They're kids."

He turned to a few members rounding up the kids that had survived, daring them to make eye contact. He could see a few of the forces were uncomfortable, shaking their head slowly and pigeon-stepping around the mostly-intact children.

As the girl was carted away, Kou allowed his restraints to be untied, staring up at Tao is disappointment. "You didn't stop them. I thought you were coming to help. You brought them here to kill them!"

Fire brewed up in his stomach, anger and vitriol bubbling over.

"Don't touch me!" He screamed, wild and broken. "Don't fucking touch me!"

And so he sat back down and wept.

__________________
Unofficial Official Snow GM
Kaori|Hoshi|Koushou|Tsuneo|Yuri|Kei|AP|Swaps|Items|Database

[[Jadartan]]
Social Media Moderator for Engi.
Enari Clan GM, The Loyalists GM


Last edited by Mizu; 04-12-2017 at 03:49 PM..
Mizu is offline  
Old 04-12-2017, 05:48 PM   #36
merdle
Robot Admin
 
merdle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: northerly
Posts: 5,861
Default

The forces of the EKD piled back into their wagon, forcing many of the kids in before some of them walked alongside the wagon.

Their leader took off his mask and smiled at Tao as he found and healed Kou.

"Glad we could get your cooperation, Mr. Shinobi. I'm not sure what your kage has to say, but the orders of the daimyou were clear. You have a good day now."

He jumped onto the front of the wagon as it began its journey out of the forest under the cover of the EKD that were forced to walk. Some of the kids could be seen in the back of the wagon, knocked out or bound.
merdle is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump