iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
Seikon
Sun General Storyboy

Default [Sand] Damnage Controll

[pagebreak]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mission Prompt

Despite the efforts of the late Arisugawa Nayoko, not all corruption was successfully stamped out. Many scrolls, particularly those containing secrets of Hidden Sand's ninjutsu, are still circulating around the world under our radar. Luckily for us, someone slipped up and we’ve caught wind of a developing operation. Initial KAZE scouts have reported an accumulation of Fuuton scrolls currently in transport in a merchant convoy, last seen headed for the eastern border into River Country. The scrolls are contained within large urns filled to the brim with desert fruits and grains. Ambush the convoy, recover our scrolls and leave none alive.
Hashimoto Daisuke and Wisp deal with this supposedly S-class mission.

I don't really know what else to say. "Please forgive this" seems appropriate.

*qualifies for MOTY awards!

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM / STORY MODERATOR
UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 31

Last edited by Seikon; 03-21-2019 at 11:40 PM..
Old 03-26-2019, 08:50 PM   #2
Virtual Dream
Can See Your Chakra Points

I'll take this! I probably won't get to it before the weekend, but I'll do it.
¤Gushiken Ren, Chuunin of Mist.
¤Hikoboshi no Natsu, Miko of Wind.
¤Sajime Sahori, Jounin of Stone.
¤Kiku-ichimonji Jun'ko, ronin samurai.
¤Hatsuyuki Shiro, renegade shinobi.
¤Keisei Ranko, The Prince of the Keisei.
Available for Registry Checks
Engi Tech || Leaf & Stone Secondary GM
Important NPCs: Higashi

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Old 03-31-2019, 09:34 AM   #3
Virtual Dream
Can See Your Chakra Points

THIS is what I come to Engi for!

I don't know what all the numbered forbidden techniques were about - - especially since they all seemed to be described either completely not at all, or ambiguously, but tbh I don't know that much about Sand lore since they tore my arm off and left me for dead.

The start of the thread had the dark, gritty vibe I wanted from a Special Forces mission, false flags and innocent people dying for the greater good. Sunagakure having free reign to terrorist a trading route seems sketch to me - - not sure why I'd bother crossing the wasteland if I could help it, if it's infested with high powered ninja, but I just don't like the setting of Wind in general with the shinobi seemingly being the only thing that matters there.

Wisp/Junge made reap puns, and a few times there were weird typographical errors. Renown instead of "renowned" ghost, or is that a regional thing? You mentioned the horse night "sung" his blade at Wisp, but I don't know if that was a type of joke -- swords singing through the air is a common phrase, but it looked like you meant "slung". This thread was filled with GREAT Wisp scenes, though - - seems like once again his arm was rendered completely useless because he likes to toss his meat in the way of attacks to protect his vitals. It's pretty cool, and gives Wisp a since of brutal characterization while still being top-tier shounen. When Wisp is ruminating about the sheer power of Jounin always catching him off guard, I was pretty pleased - - "is this it?! the difference in power between a chuunin and a jounin?!" - - you're secretly a 14 year old anime protagonist at heart.

Daisuke/Seikon flirted the line between incredibly competent and a "real human bean" as he negotiated the battlefield here. I am incredibly disappointed it ended on rocks fall, everyone dies, especially after your characters spent a good portion of the narrative saying how that would be dumb. You even used explosive notes!!! Since you're Sand GM, I fully expect you to update all relevant information about this pass that it's been collapsed and unusable. If this "trader's pass" is so important and it's been made completely unusable by a couple of punks fighting some DnD cosplayers, what's the repercussions for that? Or is it "lul ninja cleaned it up over night". I guess I'll never know!

Daisuke's clone matching him for cocky self-assuredness and casually using the recall on the Six Eyes to do his own attacks, leaving Daisuke weaponless, was pretty great. You don't normally see a lot of characterization from shadow clones - - I try to have Sahori's girls bicker at her, for instance - - so this was particularly fun. I did get a little disappointed that the knight-like figures went from "knight-like figures" to "literally, actually knights with weird magical divine powers", but it was a turning point so it could get to the higher levels of shounen power scaling, so it works out. Oh -- and Daisuke thinking of Wisp's technique as bitchin' was pretty great. Secret chuuni!

Junge, I love your NPC work. You give more love and attention in a few posts for NPCs than can be said for some of my entire PC character sheets, and it shows. The combination between the title/hero cards you use for the image and the general gravitas you give them makes your threads incredibly exciting.

I really want to give you guys three points, because it sits better in my heart, but I have to be honest with myself. Fun use of jutsu, great back and forth in the threads, character personalities brilliantly realized, excellent NPC work, fun use of the setting, a variety of strong opponents, the tension was high but also thrilling. I got into that mode where I was so excited to be reading I started breezing past posts without realizing it.

¤Gushiken Ren, Chuunin of Mist.
¤Hikoboshi no Natsu, Miko of Wind.
¤Sajime Sahori, Jounin of Stone.
¤Kiku-ichimonji Jun'ko, ronin samurai.
¤Hatsuyuki Shiro, renegade shinobi.
¤Keisei Ranko, The Prince of the Keisei.
Available for Registry Checks
Engi Tech || Leaf & Stone Secondary GM
Important NPCs: Higashi

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Old 03-31-2019, 01:01 PM   #4
Seikon
Sun General Storyboy

Thanks for the rating. Sand's info page has undergone some recent changes (specifically mentioning the existence of "samurai" and miko and other powers which hold some sway in Wind) -- details on trade routes such as the one featured here aren't really mentioned but I'll keep that in mind.

Sorry we blew it all up, lol.

With the extra MOTY point in mind, Daisuke's gonna take:

+2 Tactics, +1 Reserves, Katon: Haijingakure no Jutsu, and Taifuuikka (extra point) (both are from my swaps)

I'll get my edits!

--Done

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM / STORY MODERATOR
UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 31

Last edited by Seikon; 04-01-2019 at 12:45 AM..
Old 03-31-2019, 09:32 PM   #5
Junge
u havin a giggle m8

Whoa, an animated gif rating! How delightful.

I will take the blame for fronting the 'rocks fall everyone dies etag' solution, since that's the kind of nonsense I like to bully people for pulling in their own threads. Glad the rest of the thread was entertaining enough to compensate for the weaknesses in narrative and setting. I'm not terribly good at anticipating things, apparently!

So with 5 whole points, 2 for jutsu, we'll break it down like this!

+2 Control, and +1 Willpower. Then for techniques:
Stage Four Sand Ninjutsu
Name: Sunagakure (Hidden Sand)
Requirements: Power 12, Control 11, Reserves 10, Intelligence 12

Stage Three Global Ninjutsu
Shukuchi (Reduced Earth)
Requirements: Intelligence 8, Tactics 8, Willpower 6

This can be edited in like so:

HTML Code:
[3/31/2019] - [URL="http://www.narutorp.net/showthread.php?p=472171#post472171"]Damnage Controll [/URL]: +2 Control, +1 Willpower, Sungakure, Shukuchi (MotY)
Thanks to whoever plops that mess into the sheet!

Seikon Edit: I got 'em.

Last edited by Seikon; 04-01-2019 at 12:44 AM..