iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #1
vulpix13

Default I.S.L.E system - Exo-skin Module

This an additional module for Hayate's launcher. I plan to rework it as customizable and represent each pieces as a separate module.

Item Name: Exo-skin Module
Cost: 2 (Merdle Rating)
Description: This is a customization module for Hayate's I.S.L.E system. When activated it releases a skin-tight telfon polymer coating. By combining with the users chakra navigation lines this coated second skin covers the body within seconds (1 post) and does so underneath all clothing, directly adjacent to the skin's surface. The suit is insulated, water and air locked, resistant and repellent to mundane chemical substances. The telfon make up of the polymer is also highly elastic and has a very low friction coefficient, allowing the user uninhibited motion and the ability to slide on most surfaces. The second skin has a natural white color, except for the translucent visor section which covers the eyes. The suit is entirely closed except for the slots of the various equipment of the I.S.L.E system, and the mouth section which connects to the I.N.L.E.T system.

Posting the I.N.L.E.T system for reference, but does not need approval/rating.

Last edited by vulpix13; 03-19-2019 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: Made it mundane and added Merdle rating (2)
vulpix13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:11 AM   #2
merdle
Fusion Admin

So our main effort with the new item system is to make sure items stay items, and techniques stay techniques. In cases where stuff is doing work on both ends, it makes sense to divide the burden.

So for this, I would say get rid of the chakra-related parts on the item half. You can still say it is chakra infused, and it can still be insulated, and block out chemicals (just say it blocks out toxins in the air), and then it can do all the low friction stuff too!

For being a sort of full body chemical suit armor, I will rate it at 2. It does less to protect than armor does (and only protects against specific stuff), but it has some other features too.

Then you can put a swap in registry that would represent a sort of single seal or even passive technique when using it that can protect up to X stage from raiton, and keep out even chakra-enhanced chemical clouds.
merdle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:54 AM   #3
vulpix13

Hi, so I only put the chakra-related things like stages and stuff, after seeing this item and wanted to template it similarly to make approval easier. The insulation thing is not a must to block techniques, I can easily change it to mundane insulation.

The main thing I am aiming for here is for it to protect against the the Kuro Suiton area-based techniques, such as Kumo Santoarukari (Acid Cloud) and Santoarukari Ame (Acid Rain), which I plan to teach Hayate at the same time as taking this item.

I themed him as somewhat "disabled" and not very good with chakra (only able to acid techniques recently via the use of rain pebbles combined with his arm launchers). To make up for his failings, he utilizes a lot of implants and augmentations. This has always been the general idea I had for him.

How best do you thing I can cover the acid-techniques with this item, I don't want him to suffer at the hands of his own techniques?

Any advise would be appreciated, so that I know how to address the edits.

EDIT: I think I only understand your original comment now. So make it a mundane suit and add in the "Seal" for chakra-enhanced protection? Link to Seal Technique here.

Last edited by vulpix13; 03-19-2019 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: added seal technique
vulpix13 is offline   Reply With Quote