iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
Silverius

Default Hitome's Puppetry Items (Part I)

Item Name: Fiber System
Cost: 1
Description: Made to simulate muscles these are created out of bundles of specially crafted material. These strands react to chakra input in the exact way real muscles do. As such, the puppet's strength is increased by one level for three post-turns, followed by having strength decreased by one level for three post-turns.

Item Name: Thruster
Cost: 1
Description: This universal puppet gear is usually placed in the legs though truly can go anywhere on the puppet chassis. When activated, the puppet will be thrown forwards 10 meter in high-speed movement at first acceleration, and will increase the puppet's speed level by one degree for three post-turns, followed by having speed decreased for three post-turns.

Item Name: Napalm Seal
Cost:
Description: This is a follow-up design to the standard Explosive Tag, though changed entirely from the previous design. Rather than release an explosive as most Explosive Tags would, the Napalm Seal belches a mixture of steam, promethium fuel, and a gelling agent at once to create the intended effect of fire which burns oxygen 1/4 more quickly, and is able to stick onto garments and continue to burn, within a device that releases the napalm on impact.

Item Name: Duranium Plating
Cost: 3
Description: For some of her heavier puppets, the standard light armor which Hitome was provided with was lackluster and so she developed the alloy Duranium. Duranium can take heavy punishment, as it's durability is equivalent to three-time what standard shinobi armor (or light armor in puppetry terms) can endure. Thanks the the abalative layers, the armor has to be removed piece by piece rather than all at once and has three 'durability' points.

Item Name: ViGo-Drill
Cost: 5
Description: The ViGo-Drill is a Drill Arm Attachment which is powered by steam. The Drill rotates in a circular pattern and may pierce through standard body armor with some difficulty. The size of the drill is customization-able and its size may be specified in the puppet's application, and is otherwise understood to be one foot in length.

Item Name: Harlequin's Kiss
Description: The Harlequin's Kiss is similar to the Steam Drill in many ways, however the design has been remade to fit striker-type puppets who usually carry hand weapons. The Harlequin's Kiss is a slender one and a half foot drill-like blade built into a bracer attached to the wrist, which fits the blade underneath the hand, and extends past the digits. The blade rotates at high frequency, granting it great piercing power, able to pierce through light armor without problem.

Item Name: Shard Launcher
Description: The Shard Launcher is a peculiar design, containing a hopper which contains the ammunition itself - about 50 shards (constructed of metal with both a hollow of glass in the middle to contain a dose of poison and small tubes of glass which floods the tip with the poison so it may be applied to the victim on hit).The Shards are projected through a barrel at high frequency. Each is able to pierce the skin and cause a-lot of bleeding. Not only that, but soon after contact, each shard will fragment, traveling in random directions from the point of impact. Note that this doesn't come with a poison - poison must be chosen/gained separately.

Item Name: High-Voltage
Cost:
Description: High-Voltage is a powerful cannon which requires an extra brace to absorb the kinetic kick-back the weapon normally has. The Rail Cannon shoots in a line, releasing it's projectile slug from the magnetic coils up to three hundred feet away to slam into it's target, and travels at speeds of 30mi per Hour. This weapon is highly deadly against shinobi targets, however it's true use is Anti-Fortress. High-Voltage can break through most armor and materials, but requires a full post-turn to reload after it has been fired.

Last edited by Silverius; 07-31-2017 at 04:28 PM..
Silverius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
Junge
on the last train home

Puppets ain’t really my thing but lemme try and rate these.

Articulate Hands: I don’t think you need to take articulate hands. If you take technique adaption that lets you use techniques through your puppets, and I don’t think there’s any fluff reasons that require them to come from the puppeteer rather than the puppet. So this isn’t necessary to register I don’t believe.

Cable Arms: We have a modifier called Extended which costs 1 point which doubles the length of any item it is placed on. If you took Extended 2 or 3 times on a limb you could probably get to to ‘stretch’ to whatever distance you wanted, so this probably isn’t necessary to register.

Fiber System: I don’t believe flat strength boosting items will be allowed even for puppets. There are, however, puppet jutsu you can take which kind of do the same thing (the ones that let you add taijutsu bonuses are what I’m thinking of). You could probably get away with this item if you made it a temporary boost of 1 level of strength, followed by a temporary decrease for an equal amount of time by 1 level of strength, but typically stat increases/decreases are covered by jutsu and not items.

Thruster: I don’t think the speed increase will work unless you do the same stuff that I mentioned above for strength. As-is though I don’t see anything wrong with this particular item. I’d probably rate it at 2 because it’s like extending your puppets legs twice, but I could see a rating of 1 for it as well.

Bigger Etag: Ehhhhhhhh. 2 I guess. Why not just take exploding tags twice?

Unobtainum plating: Too much math I think. If you wanted to take a super durable armor though, I’d probably rate it at 3, maybe 4, since it’s basically just stacking two armors.

Drill: I’m say 3. It’s a sort of medium blade (2) that spins like a rotator (0), but that has extra piercing power as a result (which is probably about a 1).

Demon Launcher: I feel like you could just fluff a flamethrower to do this. With that in mind I’d rate it 3 because I don’t feel it’s all that different from shooting flames.

Drill 2.0: 3 again I think? It’s half a foot longer but I don’t see that being an issue.

Shard launcher: So it’s a shotgun? First, you don’t say which poison it uses, or if you’re making your own poison, you don’t explain what it does. That’s going to affect the rating so it needs to be in the description. This sounds basically like a mass projectile launcher, and if I was going to give scattershot a rating I’d put it at 3 for being similar to a flamethrower. So you’re looking at 3+poison rating for this.

Vigowhatever: So this is like, three different weapons?

The drill is 3 again.
The flamethrower thing is probably 4 since the range is so much wider now.
The hook is probably 2 (medium blade) though you don’t describe its size very well here.

All together would be 9, but realistically it’s a weapon that can morph into 2 other things. So that would be Flamethrower(4) + Morph(1) +Morph(1) = 6
Junge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:41 PM   #3
Silverius

I went ahead and made changes and removed some things for now.

I went with your suggestion for fibers and thrusters and also removed articulate hands and cable arms.

As for the Duranium, I just made it like stacking two light armors.

As for shard launcher, it's like a scattergun, yes, and poison is seperate, made a note of that.

The harlequin's kiss is a far smaller weapon, I'd probably categorize it as wakizashi size

Last edited by Silverius; 07-31-2017 at 03:48 PM..
Old 07-31-2017, 03:53 PM   #4
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

Agreed with Junge for the most part.

concerned about the stat items Ill get back to you on this

E-tag doesn't need to be registered, just throw two tags at once. As long as you're reasonable with their usage no one will care. This is more fluff than something that needs to be rated.

If you're doing two light armors, it's just normal body armor at that point which is [2] and doesn't need to be registered. If you want it stronger, go ahead and register a heavier armor and we'll put it at [3].

Drill 1.0 doesn't need to be registered, since it's a stepping stone to harlequin and big daddy drill.

Demon launcher warrants a 4, I believe. Flamethrower [3] + added effects [1]

Harlequin - [3] as Junge said

Scatter gun is [3 + poison] as Junge said

Junge is right about the gauntlet, but the big daddy drill needs to be a [5], minimum. It's much larger than a hand weapon. Just take the weapons individually in a puppet limb and use what you've wrote as a description.

Thank you Relu for the buttons!

I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD

~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Last edited by Masked_One; 07-31-2017 at 03:57 PM..
Masked_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:03 PM   #5
Silverius

I separated it into just the big daddy drill and removed the steam drill. I'll also remove the explosive tag. I also went ahead and removed the demon launcher, but I could always re-add it. I'd also like for Harlequin's Kiss to be a 2, though if you really believe it's a three, then no problem.

Last edited by Silverius; 07-31-2017 at 04:05 PM..
Old 07-31-2017, 04:10 PM   #6
Wess
Trial Moderator

Scatter gun should be 3+1(coated). And then the poison is taken separately, at least if we're going by normal mechanics.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:18 PM   #7
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

Applicators are 0 in puppet items and auto coats an item, which is what I was going off of.

Quote:
granting it great piercing power, able to pierce through light armor without problem.
The problem is this part right here. This warrants a +1. Just take it to be a drill that can do stabby things and I can lower it to a two.

Thank you Relu for the buttons!

I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD

~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Masked_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:28 PM   #8
Silverius

Done, now just need Napalm Seal and High-Voltage looked at I guess? I added them in replacement of other things.

Last edited by Silverius; 07-31-2017 at 04:44 PM..
Old 02-26-2018, 11:35 PM   #9
Silverius

BUMP, need the afore-mentioned items reviewed.