iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
Bass
Community Moderator

Default Member of the Month!

Voting: Member of the Month August 2017!

Its September, the best month! August had it's share of fun moments though so its time to once again look back and reward those who we think made us smile, made our lives easier, and were just all around great last month!

So how does it work?

Each month, the forum will get the opportunity to vote for members and moderators that they feel have really made an impact over the last month. Whether through impressive play, helping each-other out when needed, general attitude and forum presence, or any other reason you can think of.

Votes are collected using the two links provided on this page, and after the voting period ends a winner for each category will be announced, as well as a few notable mentions for members who may not have gotten the most votes, but clearly made an impression on others during that time.

In addition, the Moderation team will also be picking a member and moderator they feel have really stood out in their eyes as well, bringing the total number of winners to two from each category!

What happens when you win?

On top of the admiration of your peers and immortalisation in the Engi Hall of Fame, members who receive the prize for that month will receive a special site bonus for the duration of the following month:

Prize winners get 1 bonus point for any group threads rated in the month of their reign, as do any players in the rated thread with them; This bonus point is separate to the main rating and may be spent on stats or jutsu regardless of how the other points get used. (If the voting and results happen late; the points will be retroactively added after discussion in PM!)

So how do we vote?

Cast your vote with the two links below

Vote for Member Of The Month

Vote for the Member, or Elder of Engi that has made the most impact on you in August

Vote for Moderator Of The Month

Vote for the Mod, GM, or Admin that has helped you out the most in August

When will the results be announced?

The results will be announced after a week of voting [Fri 8th Sept], best of luck to everyone!

----

FAQ

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread, and they'll be added to this list n_x

Q:
I received a stats only rating, can I still use the MotM point on a justu?
A: Yes! The MotM point is a reward for winning this months prize, and unrelated to the threads rating itself.

Q: Can I purchase a jutsu even if I have already purchased one with my thread points?
A: Yes! Though this may be subject to change if during these initial trial months that proves unbalancing.

Q: If two winners are both in a thread, does the bonus stack?
A: Not anymore! As it had the potential to get out of hand extremely quickly, it is now a maximum of 1 MotM point per person each thread.

Q: How should the MotM points be listed in character sheets?
A: They should be added under thread info, along with the relevant threads reward, simply place a "[MotM]" indicator next to the specific item bought with the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Example
01/08/17: My awesome thread - 2 Str, 1Spd[MotM]

Last edited by Bass; 09-01-2017 at 08:21 PM..
Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:33 PM   #2
Bass
Community Moderator

MotM Hall of Fame

Last edited by Bass; 09-09-2017 at 10:12 AM..
Old 07-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #3
Relu
Stargazer

I've made an "I voted" button that can be added to peoples signatures if they really want. (I just thought it would be fun to have one)

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.narutorp.net/showthread.php?t=45350"][img]http://i.imgur.com/cSBqH2T.png[/img][/URL]
Copy the code in the box for a version that links to this thread!

Note: If you're responding to a thread I'm in please contact me on discord to let me know you've posted
{Unfinished}{AP Post}
{Characters}

Relu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
Bass
Community Moderator

MotM August 2017 Results

Its once again time to announce our winners! It's great to see that despite Engi's traditional summer-slowdown that there were still so many memorable moments that people wanted to step forward and make known, you guys all rule!

Now, onto the winners!

August's Members of the Month

As voted by Members: Chiaki!

School's out for summer, and so Engi's favourite doctor is once again back within our midst! While not as much of an on-site presence as some, Chi has been a warm and friendly face in every iteration of Engi-chat for as long as most people can remember, enthralling people with her stories and always offering a caring voice when needed. Whether its making cheese, curing diseases, or winning the people's hearts, Chi can literally do it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by About Chiaki
-No quotes this month, as they were all quite personal tales and requested privacy-
As voted by the Engi Staff: Ajoi!

Coming close to the record for shortest time after returining to the site and winning a prize, Ajoi is this months staff-vote. It always warms the heart to see a long term project finally reach completion, and knowing the years Ajoi had been working on the new Tai list, and the time and dedication it took to really make something fresh that stood out amongst the dozens already across the site, was something worth seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by About Ajoi
"Only back for a short time and already writing lots and creating quality content."
--- Mizu

"Not often someone displays that level of dedication to stick with the process of creating a new list. Not to mention great activity!"
--- Masked

August's Moderators of the Month

As voted by Members: Kaen!

Kaen is back in the spotlight again; with the global arc now almost upon us it's no surprise people are singing Kaen's praises once more. But as the votes this month revealed its not just their staff work that leaves a good impression on people, but also how much they have shown they care about other members in both public and private that caught the people's attention this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by About Kaen
-No quotes this month, as they were all quite personal tales and requested privacy-

As voted by the Engi Staff: Mizu!

August has been a good month for Mizu; churning out an immense amount of both staff and personal writing like a posting machine, you'd be hard pressed to not have noticed his many contributions to the site. Whether its new organisations, new lists, new clans, or even just a small novels worth of group and solo threads, there's nothing Mizu hasn't successfully put his hand to this last month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by About Mizu
"A lot of behind the scenes work with some cool stuff. Great work, look forward to working with you on the next steps for Mist"
--- Masked

"He deserves it"
--- Voter requested annonimity

Thanks again to everyone who voted! See you all next month n_x