iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #1
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

Default Eternal Resurrection

Eternal Resurrection

One has to pay dearly for immortality; one has to die several times while one is still alive. - Friedrich Nietzsche

If there was one word that could truly summarize Ninsen Anzu's condition, it was fatigued.

Her last mission had been taxing, both mentally and physically, and had taken an unbelievable toll on the Senshi. Even with the incredible healing prowess of the Naosu slowly restoring her vitality, her body still ached and groaned at the slightest of movements. Her thoughts, meanwhile, hovered precariously between depression and rage, her mind analyzing every failure she had suffered in her pursuit of Hamachi Mikado. While the mission had ultimately been a success, the losses suffered by her and her partner, Seyo Sengo, were great. Still, those mental scars, those aches and pains, paled in comparison to the more...blatant injury that had been inflicted upon the body of the Senshi.

As she paced the streets of the Necropolis, Anzu stared wistfully at the location where her right arm used to reside. Now little more than a stump, it served as a painful reminder of the direct consequences of her failure. Her carelessness and recklessness had led her to disaster, one so catastrophic that even the powerful organism residing within her was not able to remedy the massive amounts of damage she sustained. It had ultimately made a painful but necessary choice, permanently sacrificing utility to keep its host alive.

It was this sacrifice that led Anzu to the sinister Necropolis, home to Sound’s more nefarious populace, the Naga. Despite their eerie nature, the Senshi had to recognize the prowess of Otogakure's resident mad scientists. As uneasy as the Naga and their home made her feel, Anzu knew she had no choice but to rely on their knowledge to restore her to her former strength. Fortunately, she knew just the man to seek. Despite his gaunt appearance and odd mannerisms, she had developed a rapport with her partner in her last mission. Sengo had assured her, upon their return to New Sound, that he could construct something that would allow the Ninsen to perhaps even surpass her former ability. Though she still harbored some reservations, she decided taking her chances with an ally would be far preferable to the unknown.

And so, Anzu proceeded to the rendezvous point her comrade had suggested. The tall oaken door before her was adorned with bones of all shapes and sizes, befitting of a man whose combat tactics revolved around such materials. With her remaining limb, she grabbed the bronze door knocker and slammed it against the wood twice.

"Sengo, it’s me. Open up."

Thank you Relu for the buttons!

I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD

~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Old 04-06-2017, 07:18 AM   #2
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sengo was beat up. Not only physically, but mentally as well. The last few days have proved to really be a problem for Sengo and it was also getting to his ego. He killed his target, a few thugs, and what seemed like some nuke-nin, however, It still felt like he lost. Maybe it was the fact that he couldn’t kill the other mysterious shinobi or maybe it was because he might never see Anzu again. Either way, he was upset.

Luckily, there were books for his mind to delve into at his home and maybe there were some clues from the past. He had killed quite a few interesting people in the recent history that he was starting to wonder if things were connected. Besides he had to get his mind off of the fact that he might not study the weird parasite that lived in Anzu.

Suddenly a knock at the door relieved Sengo from his studies and though he was expecting no visitors he grew anxious of who might be at the door. Was he followed from the City, was the Otokage there to take his shinobi responsibility away? These were all things that he wondered as he hand drew closer and closer to the day.

With a large exhalation of air the door swung open. Sengo would be considered surprised at what he saw. Anzu was resting on the door threshold of his home and a thousand thoughts rushed through his head, some devious, and some non-malicious.

What are you doing here Anzu? Have you given it second thought to let me look at the Nasou that is in your head? Or are you here on Otogakure business? To be honest, I don’t think I am ready for another mission. Sengo stated while in his head he thought about the idea of cutting the woman open and taking out the parasite.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:43 AM   #3
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

Blunt as ever, I see.

Were it anyone else who made that sinister statement, Anzu most likely would have immediately turned and departed the Necropolis. After all, the existence of the Naosu was not a secret known to many individuals outside those in power; to possess knowledge of the true nature of the Ninsen clan was not a privilege afforded to many. However, Sengo was a member of the nefarious Naga scientist corps and, in addition, had witnessed Anzu's incredible regenerative capabilities first-hand. It wasn't a shock that he was able to piece two and two together. His knowledge was certainly an inconvenience, and Anzu would undoubtedly report it to the elders of her clan, but she still saw no danger in proceeding forward.

After all, brazen as the skeletal Senshi was, Anzu doubted he was brash enough to disobey the orders of the Otokage himself. The Iron Laws were established to bring New Sound out of the Dark Ages and establish an order within the society. Abduction and murder of valuable human resources was no longer as common place as it had been in Sound's bloodstained past.

"Nice try, Sengo-san. And no, I’m not here on New Sound business. Do not worry, I still need time to recuperate from the last mission as well." She briefly gestured to where her now phantom limb once resided, simultaneously expressing the severity of her previous injuries while also making her current intent quite clear. "No, I’m here because I’m calling in that favor. I know you most likely haven’t had the necessary time to complete it, but if you haven’t perhaps I can assist you in developing my new prosthesis. I cannot serve New Sound in this diminished capacity; my limitations almost caused our mission to be a complete failure. That cannot happen again."

With that, Anzu took a step forward, communicating her determination and resolve quite clearly. Her crimson eyes showed no fear, even as she came within inches of the man who just a few seconds ago had suggested cutting into her skull. For despite whatever fear Anzu may have felt entering the lair of the Naga, it paled in comparison to the fear that she was finished; that she would never again be of service to New Sound and the Otokage. She looked up at her comrade’s gaunt face and gave a quick nod, as if to subconsciously force him to acquiesce to her request.

"Well? Shall we get started?"

Old 04-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #4
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sengo was surprised to say the least, it was almost as if entering a lions den or getting trapped in a spiders web. There was no doubt that Sengo still looked upon the parasite in Anzu’s head as some type of rare meat to feast on with his brain but he would have to be conscious to the fact that Anzu had her own brain and own thoughts. Some of which completely contradicted what he had in mind and for the moment that would be okay. However, if they were to go on a mission and she died, he would have no trouble possibly having her get lost. He was a servant to Otogakure but he had not forgotten what they had done to the Naga. This thought would always be in his head.

Looking over Anzu and her missing appendage for the first time since the mission as well as in a calm sate of mind he really was surprised with the power of the monster that resided right behind her eye. There was no doubt that Sengo would kill her if she was opposition or even civilian.

You know, I am very surprised you came here. Of all places, I think this was one of the most dangerous. I guess you can come right in. I have some tools here, and I have some materials that we can use to incorporate a fitting arm for you. I am sorry for the mess. Sengo stated as he pushed a mountain of books off the table. He was also a Honegaiki, and with that came knowledge.

It was almost impossible not to see Sengo in the books and he was alright with being alone.

So, what kind of arm are you looking for? Just a normal, run of the mill metal arm? Or were you looking for something with some power to it? I don’t know the capacity or permission I have so we would have to be quiet about this. Sengo stated as he stared Anzu in the eye that hid her parasite.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #5
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

Perhaps it was the bleak and gothic nature of the Necropolis as a whole, but Anzu was relatively surprised as she stepped across the threshold and into Sengo-san's home. The skulls, gargoyles, and gravestone-like constructs which littered the streets of the Naga's compound gave Anzu the perhaps fair assumption that entering a structure within the Necropolis would be like entering a mausoleum. She had expected morbid paintings, macabre sculptures, even gruesome diagrams of human experimentation. Instead what she got was...

A Library...?

Rows and rows of books and tomes lined the walls of her comrade's home. Materials were scattered across various desks, indicative of one man's feverish research, though just exactly what he was studying could not be discerned. Sengo led Anzu to one such particular table where he cleared off the clutter, the many tomes and books landing on the floor with an audible and distinct thud. The man seemed eager, too eager perhaps, but as he correctly stated he, and the Naga in general, possessed the tools and materials that Anzu sought out.

"Make no mistake, Sengo-san. I would not have come to this eerie place were it not necessary." She stated, referencing the Necropolis. "Our fights against the mystery shinobi and other missing-nin have led me to trust you, but only you, and I strongly advise you not to betray that trust."

Her last statement was pointed and cold, an obvious threat. However, Anzu had dealt with other, more eccentric, members of the Naga in the past. She knew she had to remain firm and resolute, lest these mad scientists begin mulling strange ideas over within their twisted heads.

"And as far as permission goes, if I wanted something done by the books, Sengo-san, I would have asked my colleagues in the hospital for their assistance. I wouldn't have come...here. You Naga possess the knowledge and resources to make something quite powerful, I imagine, and I seek that power."

She paused, allowing the sentiments behind her dramatic statement to sink in. Hopefully, conveying her desire to accumulate power resonated with the Naga.

"So, to your question, Sengo-san. No, I do not want a 'normal' arm. What I'm after is far more special."

Old 04-09-2017, 07:55 AM   #6
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

It seems that everything would be set in motion for the young Naga. He was a Naga on the path of creation and he knew that if anyone could do it, he could. In fact he was so confident in the idea that he instead made a different deal with the woman.

About what happened on our last mission. There was a man dressed up in Otogakure clothing and when he killed our target I knew that a shit storm might happen. It was the same man that was guarding him in the beginning of our journey. I recognized his voice even through his disguise. However, this isn’t the first time I have run into a rogue shinobi. A few weeks ago I also came upon a young girl who was poisoning a small outcrop of nomads. I think there is something sinister going on. I want you to join me in discovering everything. Sengo stated more serious then he had ever been with Anzu.

He knew that the woman in front of him wanted to get stronger but there was no way that Sengo would allow one of his creations die on the field of battle. It was at that moment Sengo decided he wanted to join forces with her. He had no idea what he was getting into and if anything was to happen, he would want to be there to recover her body.

The sinister thought that ran through his head was not uncommon for him but it gave some sense of honesty and worry for the young woman.

So I have an idea, I say that we add a retractable whip as well as an arm cannon to the prosthetic. We need to make it as strong as possible. We have all the necessary supplies except the metal. However, you have to stay here. I don’t want you knowing my secret stash. I will be back. Also, don’t touch anything I know where everything lies. Sengo stated as he walked out the door.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:05 PM   #7
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

"A faction of rogue shinobi striking out against New Sound? Most interesting..."

The mission debrief Anzu received upon her return to Otogakure had informed Anzu of what had transpired over the course of their last mission, including about the identity of Hamachi Mikado's true killer. At first, it seemed improbable and illogical; the mysterious assassin was, or at least appeared to be, the politician's main adviser in Iriguchiro. On the surface it made no sense for him to assassinate his employer, especially if the intent was to ensure widespread support for the mercenaries. However, if his true intentions were to garner support for Atama City by painting the shinobi of New Sound as murderers, and furthermore if he had support from other rogue shinobi...well then Anzu and the rest of New Sound were facing a formidable foe indeed.

As Sengo made his suggestions on modifications to her prosthesis, Anzu nodded silently in agreement. She was already a competent, if not an excellent medic; the additions to her new limb would make her an excellent warrior as well. In particular, the notion of including the notorious Sound arm cannons within her prosthesis was an enticing one. Implanting those within a shinobi's actual body was a grueling surgery that many Sound shinobi chose to forego, even despite the incredible benefits the hidden weapons provided. Access to their destructive power was just the kind of strength that Anzu had been seeking.

"Sengo, just one thing." She called out to the scientist as he began to depart. "The material you're constructing it with; I need it to be light, but more importantly I need to still channel my chakra into it. Medical jutsu requires a rather intense focus of my energy; I need to make sure that what you're building allows for that."

The Naga gave a slight nod of acknowledgement before making his exit, leaving Anzu alone in the man's study. She glanced around, her face turning up in a slight look of disgust as she noted the general disarray of the room. Tomes of literature were scattered haphazardly across various desks; ancient scrolls were sprawled out on the floor. It appeared the kunoichi's arrival had interrupted a rather feverish study session, and Anzu knew that for a Naga to be researching a topic with such curiosity...well it had to be a unique one indeed.

Her curiosity got the best of her as she slowly made her way over to the mountain of books that Sengo had abruptly pushed off a desk upon her entry. He had made it explicitly clear that he did not want Anzu touching anything, but the Naga had certainly never precluded her from looking. She knelt down, inspecting the ancient covers of the various books in order to determine just what had seized a hold of her comrade's interest.

Now...let's see just what you were looking at...

Old 04-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #8
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

With the materials in mind Sengo headed off to a warehouse within the Necropolis. It wasn’t well known to the rest of the sound village but the right people knew where and what could be found within its depths. Seong happened to be one of those individuals. With a quick trip back and forth from his reserves Sengo had headed back to his home. He knew he had left an outsider in his home unattended but he trusted the woman. Besides, she was desperate to get a little stronger and there was no reason to betray the individual that can make it all possible.

As he came back to his home he stopped at his door for a moment to listen and see if he could hear that actions of the woman. To his surprise he heard a small amount of rustling of papers and with a sigh of annoyance he began to slowly open up his door.

I got the parts, the anesthesia, and the random assortment of other components needed to make this a success. Now, you weren’t looking through my papers were you? Sengo stated with a small smile.

Actually, just get to the table, I want to start this as soon as possible. I think that I will have to put you under because of the large amount of pain this might give you. I don’t want you to wiggle around from the shock and despite having that little parasite in your head; this surgery will be painful. I can’t have you moving. Sengo stated as he pointed towards the metal table within another section of his home.

The scene of dried up blood and test tubes littered the area and another mountain of books could be seen in the corner of the room. Scattered bones of different shapes and sizes were also visible. However, the scariest thing in the room might have been a smiling Sengo.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #9
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

As Anzu sifted through the various tomes and scrolls that lay on the floor, she began to notice an obvious, yet disturbing theme. Each sheet of paper, each line of text, each scribbled note involved descriptions, theories, and hypothesis on various bloodlines that were found not just in New Sound, but from villages in far-reaching countries as well. Anzu recognized many of the families that her comrade was studying, but her focus lay not with them. As she recognized the theme of the papers before her, her search became more frantic as she flipped through the various scrolls until at last…

Ninsen…

Unlike the rest of the neatly bound books and scrolls in the pile, the documents pertaining to Anzu’s clan were housed in an unassuming manila folder, save for the large word Ninsen scrawled in red. She flipped through the papers contained within; photographs, reports on clan activity, family rosters and occupations. Nearly every page had notes meticulously written in the margins detailing various theories and questions the gaunt Naga had apparently posed to himself during his studies. As if his knowledge of her clan’s secret wasn’t enough evidence, now Anzu was certain. He had been watching her family, studying them for quite an extended period of time. If he were keeping such a leering eye over her and her clan members, then perhaps Sengo was more dangerous than Anzu had first estimated. He would need to be monitored closely.

Ironic, isn't it Sengo-san? I guess you'll be the one being watched from now on.

A sudden creak, as if a door was being slowly pushed open, pulled the senshi away from the file as she swiftly came to the realization that her host had returned. She placed her clan’s file back in its exact location so as to not draw any unnecessary suspicions. After all, if she was going to be monitoring the Naga, she would have to do so in secrecy. She gave no reply to Sengo’s question as she followed him down one of the meandering hallways within his home. They passed by many more rooms, though Anzu was unable to glean their contents as a majority of the doors were sealed shut. At last, they had arrived at their destination. It appeared to be a makeshift operating room, though the floor was scattered with various bones and tools that had no doubt been the leftovers from a previous ‘surgery’ that Sengo had conducted. She grimaced at the sight, but was far more taken aback by her comrade’s suggestion of anesthesia.

“Put me under? Ridiculous. I think not.”

Perhaps it was arrogance, an overconfidence in her ability to overpower the Naga. Perhaps it was her belief in the Iron Laws of Sound, that no one, even the Naga, would be foolish enough to harm a fellow senshi. Or perhaps it was desperation, her unwavering desire to become even more powerful overwhelming her first instinct to flee. Whatever the case may have been despite all the evidence screaming at Anzu to turn and run she instead remained steadfast, unwavering in the face of fear. Her crimson eyes stared with a burning intensity at the sneering man before her as she stood firm, not backing down from her supposed comrade before her.

“Besides. You may be a brilliant scientist, but…” Anzu’s lips began to slowly turn upwards as her sentence trailed off and suddenly, it was the Ninsen who bore a sneer across her face. “You’re madder than I thought if you believe I’ll allow you to operate unsupervised. I’ll be doing more than staying awake during the surgery, Sengo. I’ll be assisting.”

She turned back towards the operating room; her sarcastic smile disappeared from her face as it was quickly replaced with a look of disgust.

“Now, let’s tidy this place up first, shall we? I don’t know what creatures you normally 'operate' on in this room, but I will not allow my surgery to proceed in such a disgusting O.R.”

Old 04-20-2017, 11:04 AM   #10
Cayuga
Hardcore Member

Sengo was a little upset that Anzu denied his request to go under. He wouldn’t have killed her…he thought. He honestly didn’t know if taking the parasite out of her body would kill her and he just wanted to see it. He would have been able to put the eye back and fix up whatever cuts he had given her. However, he would have to save it for another day. The smile he had turned into a muter feature and his lips seemed flaccid and his face less interested.

Then he was caught off guard by the request to clean up his home. There was a method to his madness and despite it looking like a pig sty there was a reason for it.

”See, I cant clean this up, I have books where they are supposed to be and see that rotting rat, well that is there for an experiment. “ Sengo stated trying to justify his reasoning. However, as he continued to talk he began to sound even more ridiculous.

Maybe it was just the way Anzu looked at him in disgust but under his own accord e began to clean up his home. First was the rotting rat that was carefully put into a test tube, then the books, and then the table. It took maybe an hour but everything seemed clean. It was now organized but everything seemed out of place to the Naga.

”Is this better? You like what we did to the place? I think it is horrible but I guess we do strange things in the name of science. Now, lets get cutting.” Sengo stated with a smile as he pointed to the table with a scalpel he just conveniently had in his coat.

There was no doubt there was going to be some blood and pain but Sengo relished the idea.