iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:24 PM   #1
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Default Dear Momma

Dear Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission Report/Bingo Book
Name: Kenyata Ichiro
Shinobi Rank: Jounin
Missing-Nin Rank: A
Village: Amegakure
Last Location: A small village outside of Furiyamu
Additional Notes: A master of Aigasa as well as Projectile Ninjutsu and the style known as Those Lacking Opacity. Highly skilled, no known family outside of his mother a non-shinobi who has recently left the village proper prior to her son defecting. Records show Kenyata Keiko having cashed all checks made out to Ichiro for last five years. Not expected to have gone far from his mother.
Reward: 25,000 ryou, dead or alive.
Yukiji had waited her entire career for a mission like this.

A Jounin shinobi of Rain within enemy territory hunting down a deadly and skilled traitor to the village proper. How stupid could Kenyata be? There was a civil war going on! Rain Country tore itself at the seams with shinobi and military at each other's throats and threatening the existence of the other without a shred of empathy or forgiveness?

Could traitors and deserters be forgiven--no matter what the reason?

Of course not...

I just wish I was assigned this mission by myself.

Ayame had given the impression in her evaluation and subsequent promotion to Jounin that Yukiji would be given a command. She imagined commanding a Chuunin squad through battle or perhaps leading a Genin team with a re-imagined iteration of Team Nine. There was no such luck. This was her first mission as a Jounin and the stakes were very much apparent and clear to the leadership within Amegakure.

So not only was Yukiji not sent by herself, the newest Jounin of Amegakure was given a chaperone, a comrade, a co-head of the mission.

Also known as a 5'6" glory stealer disguised as some clan freak.

Yukiji had never interacted with a Maeda before herself but she had read enough to be freaked out and that caused for her to already view Maeda Kazuhiko with a certain degree of skepticism. Yukiji tried to bury her own pride and ego and focus on the task at hand, however, she could sense that Kazuhiko was chosen for a reason. He wasn't much older than herself and obviously highly skilled and intelligent.

Yukiji was a fun-sized brute...Ayame knew what she was doing.

Unfortunately.

Amegakure had been fortunate in their hunt for the A-Ranked Missing-Nin Kenyata Ichiro and they had discovered through their own scouts that his mother while gone from their Sector 2 home had taken up residence in a small outpost village right outside the capital city proper. On the outskirts, hidden among the Rain country foilage, there lied Maeda Kazuhiko and Setoguchi Yukiji. Silent and eager for action, at least Yukiji.

"The mission report spoke of several drop offs in terms of cash and supplies headed over here to Ms. Kenyata," Yukiji whispered to herself, "The plan is clear, correct senpai?"

The honorific dripped on her tongue like a cuss word but Yukiji was reviewing for herself. She brought a dainty finger to her short hair, bringing a strand behind her ears to reveal large hoop earrings and give extra focus to the three gold rings of varying sizes distributed among her fingers.

For someone who cast such a small shadow, Yukiji no doubt loved to shine as brightly as possible.

"Catch whoever is giving her the supplies, interrogate them and see if they can lead us to Ichiro," she nodded to herself, "Then we kill the traitor quickly and in time for a nice meal if possible."

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Last edited by Bukowski; 04-16-2018 at 07:35 PM..
Bukowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #2
Wess
Ancient Member

Kazuhiko was a fun dad, or rather, chaperone.

Outfitted in all black chitin, save for his head – for now – the Maeda laid in wait next to his colleague like a spider, hungry for its next meal. She reminded him a lot of himself: Early promotions across the board and particularly talented in certain fields. From what Ayame had told him about her, Yukiji had just recently returned from a deep cover mission herself. He found the similarities about as odd as he did intriguing, even if the other jounin’s distaste for him was palpable.

But that was okay, totally! It wasn’t like she just disliked him for being a Maeda or something: Kazuhiko had a ton of other character flaws, ones that she probably had picked up on, even if the two had only made acquaintance a few hours prior. He shot her a sarcastic look in reference to the honorific, shrugging his shoulders as the chitin covering him lightly popped, an insectoid sheen glistening as rain drops pattered against him.

“…I thought our target was our meal.” He put on a pout, letting a chitin dagger emerge from the gauntlet on his wrist. He had similar structures hidden throughout his armor, adaptations, they were called. This one in particular was rather lethal, particularly if he didn’t kill his enemies with the first hit. If the mission had not been such a high stakes one, he would have been apt to toy with his prey. Nothing gave him greater joy than watching the enemies of Amegakure accept their death, knowing that by the time he was done with their body, they would be nothing more than fodder for the karamushi.

“I’m joking.” His eyes narrowed as she reiterated their situation. It wasn’t necessary, but he supposed that the younger ones always liked some kind of clarification. Perhaps it was validation. Regardless, it was a good plan. “I don’t particularly care for the taste of human flesh, at least, not like the karamushi do.”

After his quip, he waited with Yukiji in silence. An indistinguishable amount of time passed, the patter of rain distorting the sense and putting the notion of sleep in Kazuhiko’s mind. It wasn’t much longer, however, until the man they were looking for crept through the forest east of them. In their southern position, the Maeda held up a hand, as if to tell his comrade to wait.

He produced a scroll, two large seals imbedded into it. Undoing them with a hand seal, two cadavers appeared, each positively green. If Yukiji looked closely, she could see parasites squirming underneath the man and woman’s skin. They bore gang symbols, more specifically, that of the CCC, on their blazers. He shot the other jounin a disgusting grin as he wove through hand seals.

The karamushi inside the corpses seemed to react, and just moments later, spurred to motion. One ran out of the forest, straight for their target, while the other seemed to secrete some kind of ooze from its limbs, darting up a tree and moving for a better position.

He looked toward Yukiji.

“Alright, let’s go.”

Old 04-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
Bukowski
The People's Champ

"How crude senpai, I prefer my meat cooked medium rare," Yukiji nodded calmly as the pitter patter of rain hit her head in spite of the frilly umbrella on her side, "Any one with any sort of class knows that human is only good when its slow roasted and braised for three hours. Otherwise it's too gamey. I have a recipe that you should try using ginger and soy sauce paired with 3 garlic cloves and small amount of red wine. It's very very pleasant."

She was trying to remain calm and poised but of course she was waging an internal war within her own chest to prepare and seem mentally prepared for the task at hand. Kazuhiko was a bastion of powers Yukiji lacked both the desire and necessary mental capacity to comprehend or understand. The powers of the Maeda, the threat of their parasites and their manipulation of what seemed to be an alien biology? It was all too much for Yukiji and so she decided to simply accept it with equal parts reticence and acceptance.

After all, Kazuhiko was her teammate and comrade--she didn't need to understand him in order to benefit from him and she had always benefited from her ability to adapt.

Working with Ishuro was not something that tested her ability to understand or comprehend. There were other issues of mental gymnastics that she was more than capable of.

Her fellow Jounin raised his hand in trepidation and then summoned actual corpses--shambling and stumbling towards the cabin they had been staking out.

A glint of steel became visible at the hilt of her umbrella...

It's time.

---

"Momma," spoke the gravely and measured voice of Kenyata Ichiro , "Be safe and strong...I can't thank you enough for choosing this path with me. I won't leave you alone for long. I will make you proud, I promise. We will have peace. We will have calm..."

Two umbrellas strapped to the back of the six foot five, broad shouldered and strong, lean and handsome body of Kenyata Ichiro--chiseled and deadly, there was a certain vulnerability as bent down and hugged a woman who obviously was his mother or something close to it. She bore a faint resemblance to him, though her frame was short, carrying the extra weight of child birth and age, wrinkled but still possessing an earthly and humble sort of beauty.

She looked utterly unimpressive barring the emotion she etched out of her completely impressive looking son.

"Now, now Ichi-kun, do not be foolish...", she smiled faintly as she rubbed his hair in the power of his embrace, "You have a plan?"

Ichiro nodded.

"I am meeting with the Rain Government and I will be selling them information for compensation Momma," he broke the embrace and went to the door, "We will get the money and smuggle our selves through Grass to Bear Country. We'll have a farm, I'll get a wife and we'll live...we'll live without war."

"Yes, yes, do be careful Ichi-kun."

"Always Momma."

---

When the door was opened and Ichiro took a step outward and off the porch--he'd be met head on by both a shambling corpse and the short black blur that was Setoguchi Yukiji. Among the pitter patter of the rain and the sound of it hitting the ground, the sound of the thousand birds chirping and the flash of the lightning in her palm was nearly indistinguishable from the sounds of the landscape itself.

Of course, that's just wishful thinking--isn't it?

Yukiji burst forward with an impressive amount of speed, seeking to flank her opponent with the deadly and powerful technique of the legendary but long since deceased Leaf Shinobi Hatake Kakashi. Yukiji cared little for history. She knew nothing of Leaf and even littler of Hatake Kakashi. What she did know?

She did know she loved his signature technique.

"CHIDORI!!!"

She felt it too late...

Unmistakably and without a shadow of a doubt...

Sakki: Killing Intent.

"Not today Ame-Dog," muttered Ichiro as his umbrellas outstretched just in time for Yukiji's palm to pierce it but with enough distance to keep the Jounin and her deadly grasp at bay, the Shambler also being kept away at a similar distance with the other umbrella, "Back away--now and you'll still keep your life."

Yukiji couldn't help herself...

"As if, traitor!", she grunted, "I'm not so much a coward to put my life above my honor. You made an oath, least you forget who the dog is."

Don of the Sanada Family

Old 04-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #4
Wess
Ancient Member

With his other shambler moving through the shadows, unseen, Kazuhiko moved to aid the kunoichi in securing their target. His approach was slow and methodical, as if he were taking his time in order to find an opening in Ichiro’s defense. In reality, he just wanted the man to see him. Cocking his arm like a shotgun, the Maeda reached out with his right hand, firing off the adaptation he had shown Yukiji previously. Its trajectory had it landing in Ichiro’s head, but he shifted his umbrellas just enough to where it bounced off harmlessly.

The Maeda simply grinned, forming a hand seal.

“You should listen to him, Yukiji. Back away, the karamushi do not discriminate when it comes to who they infect.”

A mere instant later, the shambler that had moved to form the pincer attack with Yukiji expired. It collapsed to the ground, karamushi writhing together in a wild, tangled mass as a cloud of black spores erupted from the carcass. If anyone could see through the smoke, they would notice a fleshy, red lump emerging from the corpse’s chest, red veins latched over the body the karamushi inside split and combined, creating the infectious nest.

“The spores themselves simply transmit infection.” He stared hard at Ichiro, a malicious grin overtaking him. The bloodlust in the jounin’s eyes was intense – this wasn’t simply a mission to Kazuhiko, this was a sport. Agony, death, disease, Kazuhiko very much regarded himself as an agent of the apocalypse. “It’s the Maeda who make it much worse. The karamushi respond to our chakra. They can do things to your body that… Well, you’ll see soon enough.”

Slipping into a fighting stance, he readied himself for a counterattack, turning his grin toward Yukiji.

“I hope you’re not above sterilizing your meat before you cook it.” He licked his lips. “It’s a shame, though. Why does Ayame always want the cute ones dead?”

Old 04-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #5
Bukowski
The People's Champ

"Maybe we wait until we're in bigger danger before bringing out the contagious jutsu, eh senpai? Just a thought from your sweet little teammate Yuki-chan--don't mind it!"

Yukiji did take his advice though, jumping back with an impressive amount of speed while one hand went to her parasol and another went to her long turtle neck of her long black dress--reaching inside the turtle neck was the traditional shinobi mask. Not something she preferred to fight with considering how physical her fighting style was it definitely got involved and in the way of her going all out.

Probably an exaggeration...

Still look at our precious little glory hog clan freak.

With techniques like this is it any surprise they're stuck in Sector 2?

Still Kazu-kun, your powers are great. Terrible. But great.

I can stomach greatness. I might even be able to swallow it whole.

She noted that as she gave distance Ichiro launched his umbrella within the air having it spin above him with a certain degree of malice before reaching into his shirt an pulling out a breathing apparatus placing it on his face with a quickened pace before also bringing up his guard, staring at Yukiji's own umbrella and Kazuhiko and his shambling corpse with the big red pile of herpes with even bigger trepidation.

"I don't wanna hurt anybody..."

"That makes one of us!"

"I have left for peace, I respect your effort, but I don't expect you to understand..."
, Ichiro he sighed, "You'll tell your superiors I am sorry, right?"

He nodded as he dropped two smoke bombs from his sleeves, enveloping the area in smoke...

"This will be the mission where you almost caught Kenyata Ichiro. Nothing more...nothing less."

Yukiji underneath her black mask covering her sour expression clicked her parasol to reveal the katana underneath it. She was done playing games. Maeda parasites be damned.

"Don't let him get away senpai! Forward! Attack! ATTACK! ATTACK!!!"

High off adrenaline or maybe finally giving into her true Daredevil nature, Yukiji did the only thing that made sense to her--she dove head and sword first into the smoke.

She'd figure out the rest as she went.

Don of the Sanada Family