iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:57 AM   #1
vulpix13

Default Program to draw Puppets

Hi Guys,

I want to try and draw two puppets for a character I want to make. I have the Engi Mechanics of it down, and a visual idea just need to mock it up.

I am not good at drawing, but like a simple program I should be able to use. I don't wanna make anything fancy, just to get the concept across. It could be line drawings or simple 3D shapes put together to form the body, etc. I tired Visio, but it was too limiting as I could only use blocks so got stuck at a point.

Do you have any suggestions?

vulpix13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:50 PM   #2
merdle
Robot Admin

Oh, so like a program that would be able to move around 3D shapes so you could build what a model of the puppet would look like?
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:17 AM   #3
vulpix13

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdle View Post
Oh, so like a program that would be able to move around 3D shapes so you could build what a model of the puppet would look like?
Yes, exactly that!

vulpix13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:31 AM   #4
merdle
Robot Admin

The only thing I ever used that did 3D like that is a free program called 'Sketchup', but it isn't exactly your best choice. It was meant for doing buildings, so it has a lot of limitations in where objects can come from. It feels more like building a house in the sims.
merdle is offline   Reply With Quote