iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

> Engi no Jutsu - The Best Naruto RP on the Net! > Role Playing Information > Finished Roleplays > Between Sky Blue & the Darkest of Greens

Old 11-29-2018, 05:53 PM   #11
Virtual Dream
Pull my Devil Trigger

A lump rose in Sahori’s throat as she pressed her back against the corner of the roof of the hallway. She was clinging by virtue of her chakra training, as an exhausted salaryman walked through the door beneath her. Mumbling to himself about the amount of hours he was being forced to work, lines of sweat visible across his brow, he fumbled with a lighter as he prepped a cigar in his mouth. The sound of the device failing to strike a few times almost drowned out by the sound of her own heart beating in her ears – but it finally took to flame and lit, and he continued down the hallway to disappear into one of the offices.

Sahori let out a soft sigh as she let herself down from the ceiling and swiftly made her way towards where the salaryman had come from, moving quickly across the closed doors that lead into other offices or storage closets - - her first goal was to find the CEO’s office and check for more information there, instead of trying every office in turn. There would surely be a wealth of information in any given room, but that wasn’t her goal. Beating the Amegakure agent to the goods, however, was – she had to keep that sort of information out of the hands of a rival village.

“Found anything, yet?” Purred the voice of Byakko as Sahori sunk into the shadows of the unlit stairway.

“Fucking---fuck! How are you so quiet?”

“How are you so loud? Aren’t you a trained ninja? You’re lucky there’s only tired pencil pushers on this hall.”

“Super. Did you keep an eye on the Amegakure boy?”

“No, I couldn’t follow his path. I was more interested in your infiltration, anyway. You’ve been leaving fingerprints everywhere, you know. If they hire a sensory ninja after this break-in...”

“Yeah, right. They don’t hire Konoha’s Hyuuga to check for corporate espionage in Sumiko.

Byakko’s eyes glittered playfully as she folded her hands behind her back looking upwards before disappearing as quickly as she had appeared. Sajime Sahori was keen to this game – pursing her lips shut and folding herself into the shadows and holding her breath. A few seconds later, the stairs started to creak with the sounds of someone making their way down. She pulled a kunai from her thigh pouch and raised it to her throat level, ready to strike out.
¤Hikoboshi no Natsu, Miko of Wind.
¤Sajime Sahori, Jounin of Stone.
¤Kiku-ichimonji Jun'ko, ronin samurai.
¤Hatsuyuki Shiro, renegade shinobi.
¤Keisei Ranko, The Prince of the Keisei.
Available for Registry Checks
Engi Tech || Leaf & Stone Secondary GM
Important NPCs: Higashi

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Old 11-29-2018, 09:37 PM   #12
Wess
General Moderator

“What are you–”

To say that the voice startled Amane was an understatement. Pressed against the wall, cloaked in shadow, the Shichou hadn’t expected to run into anyone, at least not before hearing their footsteps. The tiny waif of woman that had caught him stood on her toes like a practiced cat, bureaucratic heels traded in for a pair of black no-slips. Already on edge from the Iwagakure shinobi and that dreaded priestess of hers, he reacted instinctively. A ribbon launched out of his left sleeve, coiling around the woman’s mouth to silence her while another shot out from his right, wrapping around her torso and pulling her towards him. Her face met his knee, dazing her just long enough for Amane to cup his hands together and slam them into the side of her temple. She bounced off the wall, and cursing his luck, the Shichou drug her into the room he’d just left, leaving her unconscious body under one of the desks.

Well shit.

He reached up towards his ear, letting the communication unit flicker on.

“Be careful, it looks like not all of the secretaries have gone home for the night.” He sized her outfit up and down, the business casual looking attire not particularly charming. She didn’t possess a name tag, but she did have a few keys jingling at her hip. He was quick to pilfer those, hoping that they might prove to be of use in his search for the textile plans.

“Maybe we should rendezvous? Or at least find a place we can both retreat to if we're backed into a corner.” It wasn’t something that he preferred, but then again, if it came down to it, it’d be better to cause a scene together than alone. Amane didn’t think of himself as a fighter as much he did a patron of the arts – he was more adapted to moving about under the cover of people stronger than him to complete his mission.

What he lacked in brawn, he made up for in brains.

He just hoped that Iwagakure’s “full-priced shinobi” couldn’t outsmart him.

AP / Swaps
Old 12-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #13
Virtual Dream
Pull my Devil Trigger

Sahori let out a long, slow exhale as the creaking wood eased back into place as the heavyset man continued his path down the staircase and down the hallway. She was safe from discovery, at least for the time being. She had lost track of her dear companion, again - - but that surely meant the cat was out of sight to anyone left in the building, as well.

Maybe she went to check on the other ninja.

The jounin herself slid her kunai back into the pouch and started her way up the staircase, carefully shifting her weight to keep the things from making all the noise the local hadn’t been bothered with. Amane’s comms flickered to life inside her ear and she paused, half-stepped, and pressed her thumb into the switch on her device. “I’ve run into a few myself. I’m in a staircase between the third and forth floor - - “

Her voice disappeared in a flash of static.

Back in the staircase, Sahori’s eyes widened as the large hand of the heavyset man collapsed around her throat with enough force to destroy the delicate circuits in her radio, the tips of his fingers feeling like iron rods driving themselves into her flesh.

“Thought there would be at least one little thief tonight,” He growled, slamming her head against the wall with a thrust of his arm, his other hand reaching into his suit pocket to produce a hand-held radio.

She dug her nails into his wrist, trying to find leverage to yank his hand away from her, but he was like a vice, shoving her face down into the corner of the one of the stairs and the wall. There was the sound of his radio clicking to life. “Yeah, boss, one in the west stairs.”

While one hand fruitlessly tried to disable his hand, the other found a string of small pouched explosives in her thigh pouch. She tossed them blindly behind her back with a flick of her wrist.

Burning was preferable to suffocation - - - katsu!

The trio of small teabag like bombs exploded in the space between her rump and the chest of the heavyweight, the small pops reverberating around the confined space of the staircase as heat and blunt force stung against her back like wet fire. The heavyweight let out a shrieking yelp of pain as he stepped backwards, losing his footing on the staircase, and landed with enough force at the bottom to splinter the floorboards. A moment later, Sahori’s feet landed his shoulders, her kunai flashing through the air and sinking into his throat - - her bright eyes twisted with rage and fury.

He gurgled, trying to talk, but his life was already leaving him. Sahori shifted her weight on his rolling mass and yanked the remains of her radio away from her neck.

Damn. So much for a clean night.

She was panting with exertion, her whole body shaking with adrenaline, as the back of her neck cramped with the bruising from his mammoth hands. Either the big guy was at the very limits of human strength, or the building did indeed have well-trained support. Was he a chakra-trained nukenin? Maybe a discount samurai? She flicked her blade to clean it from the blood of his throat, and spun it by the ring with her middle finger as she considered her options. The “boss” might have been the CEO, might have been the officer of the security team, might have been someone else. Either way, if she didn’t make it to the plans before they had a chance to escape or be destroyed, the whole mission was a wash.

Even if it was just a cheap mission for a cheap man, Iwagakure’s delicate public approval was at stake. Maybe she could blame the Rain Village if things went sour.

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 12-06-2018, 02:03 PM   #14
Wess
General Moderator

Well shit.

The disgusting crunch of Sahori’s comm unit breaking filled his ears, followed by the unbearable static and inevitable silence. Letting out a sigh, he flicked the microphone part of the contraption off, figuring that it’d be better to keep it on just in case she managed to locate another one. Weighing his options, Amane produced another scroll, letting a series of fabrics drape out. Using his chakra, he cut and wove the fabric together until he had him a rather nice sun hat, more specifically, one that draped perfectly and matched his entire ensemble rather nicely.

Rolling the scroll back up, he put the hat on his head for safe keeping and crept out of the office building one more time. With the secretary’s keys in his hand, Amane didn’t know what else to do except try the other rooms in the building. Unfortunately for him, he heard shouting way before he had a chance to try any of the doors. With a hiss, he let several ribbons curl out from his sleeves and shoot upwards. The vent latch above snapped open, and he pulled himself in as quickly as he could, watching a patrol of guards run right under him.

“He got one, one on the west stairs!”

The hand-unit that the man who had grabbed Sahori dropped buzzed to life moments later.

“Report. Do you still have her? Reinforcements are on the way – is she a shinobi? Ronin?”

Considering his options with the men gone, Amane figured that it’d be best if he moved to help her. At the same time, he figured that the vents could prove exceptionally useful in getting what he wanted before she did. Gingerly, he undid the latch and dropped the hat that he had made out of it.

A hand seal later, it started whirring before it hit the ground, and like the piece of deadly fashion that it was, chased down the group of men threatening to harm Sahori.

AP / Swaps
Old 12-06-2018, 08:02 PM   #15
Virtual Dream
Pull my Devil Trigger

Four men. All burly, carrying that same dangerous aura as the one that had taken her completely off guard.

But she wasn’t off her guard, this time! Sahori unfurled a large scroll from the chest pocket of her chuunin vest, spiraling it out in the air as she traced her thumb across the wet ink, a quick jolt of chakra to disrupt the sealing formula inscribed on the inside. With a loud sound like a spring releasing and a cloud of smoke, her large iron club appeared beside her. Five feet of metal, wrapped with a leather handguard.

To be truthful, a large weapon like a kanabo wasn’t particularly suited for hallway combat. But you really only need to crush one head for people to start taking you seriously. Sahori exploded from the stairway and slammed the ring-end of the club into the first face she saw, dropping the weapon with a clatter. According to the muffled yelp of pain, it landed neatly on the foot of the vanguard thug.

She kept moving, sailing through the air, and collided foot to face into the man behind the first, using a combination of her wall climbing technique and careful balance to stay perched on his face she dropped her already bloodied kunai down with a flick of her wrist into his shoulder.

“This is a really cute welcoming party,” She quipped, “But have any of you seen any rare and mysterious blueprints and plans for a –-”

She let out a sound that suspiciously sounded like an unladylike swear as she was yanked by her ankle and tossed towards the ground. She sprung back up with a twist of her back and adopted a faux boxing stance to try and regain any lost pride. The men were closing in around her, dramatically limiting her space to mouth off.

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 12-13-2018, 03:58 AM   #16
Wess
General Moderator

A schematic would have been nice.

Ill-prepared, Amane did what he did best: investigate. Using his ribbons, he pulled himself through the building’s ventilation shafts like a serpent, forgoing the hallway that led to an assortment of offices entirely. From his position in the ducts, he could see into each of the rooms without having to find a key to unlock each door. He took a sharp right turn first, moving to peer downward from another vent to see an assortment of cubicles. He continued on through the passage, eventually reaching a dead end with a sigh. Turning around in these things was such a pain.

Around the same time, Amane’s hat found its mark. The four men that Sahori was dealing with, occupied with the fight with the jounin, missed the fanlike whirring of the sunhat that buzzed behind them, shooting forward like a rather angry shuriken. It spun on an axis, brim rotating vertically rather than horizontally as it moved toward the group, eventually finding its mark in one of the men’s back.

Amane heard the screams of agony and pain mid-twisting maneuver and shrugged half-heartedly, finally managing to rotate himself back around and continue through the tunnel. He was surprised that the structure was so sound – at first he was afraid that he’d be too heavy to effectively navigate through it, but he was in luck! Now back in the main duct, he continued forward. When in doubt, always continue straight, right?

After a few seconds of trying to saw into the man’s back, the hat, realizing what a good job it had done, pried itself free and went back to spinning, trying to cleave into someone else. By virtue of Amane’s commands alone, it recognized Sahori as a friend – what kind of women’s fashion item would it be if it actually hurt one? It had just enough juice left to help her take down one or two more.

Onto the next one! For the Shichou!

AP / Swaps
Old 12-18-2018, 06:59 PM   #17
Virtual Dream
Pull my Devil Trigger

As the man gargled in pain before her, Sahori caught a peek behind his back and her eyes went wide.

“Demon hat!”

“What?” One of the thugs forgot himself as he moved past Sahori to investigate what it was that was gnawing on his friend, and she ran up his back and gave him two sturdy kicks before flipping back into a standing - - thrusting him forward towards the hungry apparel.

“Demon hat!”

She tried to find it in herself to feel bad for feeding two men to a demon hat, but considering the viciously violently things they had been threatening her with under their breath as they approached, she was having a difficult time turning off the “murder for a living” mindset. She took a step backwards and collapsed her elbow into the throat of one of the men behind her, pressing her right arm back with the palm of her left hand on her fist, and then spiraled around with the motion to push the choking man into the final thug.

She grabbed her bat and scattered before the hat could get a taste for her own flesh, and started her way aggressively up the staircase. She had to get to that CEO before he could escape - - she needed those blueprints!

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 01-10-2019, 09:57 PM   #18
Wess
General Moderator

Being straight had never helped him before, but Amane kept on moving! Precariously, he continued on, seeing the vent feed into a different room. He inched forward, eyes peeled. There was a man inside – a portly man with greasy black hair that looked like he spent most of his time sitting in front of a grill rather than behind a desk. From the looks of it, he was just doing lockup. He had just as many, if not more keys than the woman Amane had taken out did.

Was this the man he was looking for? Probably! But that didn’t mean that Amane intended to take him out. He’d had enough of the violence! Being a discount shinobi meant that he didn’t have time for such things! He was sure that Sahori could do that herself, and if she didn’t, the devil hat was more than capable of ruining another life or two.

Waiting on him to crack open the office door and leave, Amane got into position and dropped out of one of the vent shafts once he’d left. Where ever he was looked like the right place – a drafting room, if anything else. Dozens of patterns were pinned on posting boards, though nothing proved to be too useful. A bunch of shinobi attire variants, complete with the occasional militia uniform. Garbage in design, clearly. Whatever he was looking for had to be textile manufacturing.

Traipsing carefully through the darkened room, Amane looked over each board thoroughly, finally finding the actually manufacturing plans for the textiles. Ridiculous stuff, like yarn and linen plans laid themselves out on the board before him. The good stuff had to be hidden.

Rummaging through a set of nearby file cabinets, Amane trashed the entire thing until he found what he was looking for. Draft after draft laid scattered around him, but finding what Liru sent him for was clear now that it was in his hand.

Blade resistant fabric? He wasn’t sure how effective it would be against trained shinobi, but it definitely had its uses. He stashed the blueprint in his coat, turning towards the other designs. A quick refile job might be enough to throw Sahori off his trail. If not, well, he was quick on his feet.

He just hoped he was quicker than her pet miko.

AP / Swaps
Old 01-13-2019, 03:56 PM   #19
Virtual Dream
Pull my Devil Trigger

Sahori stumbled to the top floor and started a few steps down the hallway before slowing to a stop. She was out of breath, pale skin flushed pink, and lowered her bat from her shoulder to the ground to use as a leaning post. She wasn’t alone in the darkened hallway - - Byakko, White Tiger of the West was leaning against the wall, admiring her nails. She turned and grinned at Sahori, when she took the time to notice her, and even in her human form, she had a smile like a cat.

“Well?” Sahori asked, plainly.

“Your little rival is inside the CEO’s office, working his way through the drafts. I think he intends to steal the primary objective from you.”

Sahori let out a groan, at that, and rubbed at her temple. “Ah, that little - -”

“I’ve already come and gone. Here.” She held up a folded piece of paper. Sahori crossed over quickly and unfolded the package, gave it a quick once over, and then folded it back up again.

“Did you leave him something to find, then?”

“Oh, plenty. But I have no doubt that is the real reason Iwagakure sent us on this little shopping trip.”

“There’s no doubt.”

Tactical turtlenecks. A revolution in fashion...this is what Iwagakure needs!

After carefully tucking the drafts away, and resealing her massive bat into a pre-primed scroll she could tuck away into her flak vest, Sahori pressed open the door to the office. She was still splattered with someone else’s blood.

“Hey, Amane, you almost done here? Let’s make a copy for my records and get out of here...” She nodded over her shoulder. “There’s some sort of crazy hat monster out there.”

(swaps [AP] items)

Old 01-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #20
Wess
General Moderator

“The hat? Oh right, did you like it?”

Amane seemed amused by the entire situation. He turned to look at Byakko, a knowing glint behind his eyes. There had been signs of tampering, but he supposed that the two had gone after two completely different things. He figured as much, anyway – the summon houses weren’t exactly known for having eyes for fashion, especially when they had no need for shinobi attire anyway.

He outstretched his arm, offering Sahori a set of blueprints. Something he’d drawn up rather swiftly, a joke design if anything. Kunoichi attire, with pockets. Not just any pockets though, DEEP pockets. Enough to almost make the designs be considered unisex, if they weren’t so form fitting with their deep V-cut.

“An interesting concept, isn’t it? I don’t know how you girls function in day to day wear. But ah, yes, the hat!”

The subtle whir of blades could be heard through the door. The sunhat had suction cupped itself to the closed door, the fabric almost sounding like a cat scratching, trying to get in. Amane was more than happy to retrieve it, fixing the fashion item on his form.

“Not so much a monster as much as it is fashion. Cute, right? It only bites when I tell it too.”

He gave the woman a shrug, letting the ribbons he had wrapped around his body unfurl from underneath the jacket. It was a shame he hadn’t gotten to burn anyone’s faces off with his hood. Though, he figured Iwagakure had seen enough of Amegakure’s secrets for one day.

Forming a few quick hand seals, he locked eyes with Sahori.

“I imagine I’ll be seeing you back at the villa? You know, so we get paid.”

He turned to look towards Byakko next.

“A pleasure, White Tiger of the West.”

And with a swirl of his ribbons, Amane disappeared into the darkness.

AP / Swaps