iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:01 PM   #1
Junge
on the last train home

Default [Grasshinshi] Gemmarriage

The Betrothed, Gemmei (Junge)
The Maid of Honor, Junichi (Wess)
Gemmarriage

Gemmei gets married, for real, right in the thread. Her and cousin Junichi have a good time at the reception. Nothing else actually occurs, since you know getting married isn't really all that big a deal compared to killing people or drugbusting or anything exciting like that, am I right?

Last edited by Junge; 04-05-2018 at 06:06 PM..
Junge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:01 PM   #2
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Imma claim dis.

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Bukowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
Bukowski
The People's Champ

Imma keep this short and sweet because in the time I've claimed this thread Junge has rated like 3 threads and I'm also differing to him as the king of ratings. Not gonna try to out due the master critic at the critiquing game just because I happen to be critiquing his work.

The long and short if it was found in the summary "...since you know getting married isn't really all that big a deal compared to killing people or drugbusting or anything exciting like that, am I right."

I find and I'm sure that you have as well without a doubt that we tend to place our own cultural mores onto our characters more often than not. I thought that this thread was a good subversion of that almost expected RPer hiccup and the ho-hum nature to the whole ordeal as handled by Gemmei and Junichi was a refreshing way of handling the ordeal that took me out of my own perspective long enough to always remind me that I was reading something from a world and culture that was not my own.

I did a thread with Will of Fire once that was simply a family dinner and Kaen did the rating and commented that dinner was a great narrative device because it was something instantly relate-able to the reader. I think the same could be said with marriage and there's a reason why it's a visceral and political discussion even today. Who we choose to spend the rest of our lives with and how we come to that decision strikes directly to our idea of societal freedoms of today. These ninja aren't of our world, their society is different and their reactions are different.

In spite of the ho-hum nature of the thread or maybe because of it due to the subject matter it was still very engrossing and the characters and NPC's all came across as human and having clear motivation--even if the motivations weren't clear. This was a great display of characterization and I think the best way to approach a big character change like this is by diving into head first. You did that expertly Junge and Wess played the role of support like a veteran bandmate.

Good stuff, all around!

2 points, 1 on Jootsu for both of the Clannies

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Bukowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:16 PM   #4
Junge
on the last train home

Holy crap that's a pretty sweet rating. Seeing analysis like that really pushes my buttons in a good way. It's really cool to go for something and kind of get it, especially when this social fluff is one of my weaknesses! Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts out. The effort means a lot.

I'd like all 2 points to be put into Weapon Points (for +4 more). This can be put into her character sheet mission log like so:

HTML Code:
04/16/2018 - [URL="http://narutorp.net/showthread.php?t=45456"]Gemmarriage [/URL]: +4 WP
Hope you can find another thread of mine to tear to pieces sometime in the future (;

Last edited by Junge; 04-17-2018 at 03:53 PM..
Junge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #5
Wess
Ancient Member

Thanks for the rating and to whoever does the edits. I haven’t used but 2 AP on Junichi apparently. Heheheh. You know what that means?

To start, I’ll take the 2 points straight to Reserves for a total of 16. Then I’m gonna throw 3 AP into him to bring the total to 19.

Another 3 AP to Control to total up to 20.

And then I’d like to purchase Stage 5 Hen’iki with another AP.

For whoever does the edits, just replace the text under The Hen’iki with Stage 5: 20 Control, 19 Reserves, 17 Power , 16 Tactics.

Thanks!