iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:55 PM   #1
Nan_Wu
Live from the Underground

Default [Penitent] Nadira

Nadira

Full Name: Iuchi Nadira
Sex:Female
Village: Sunagakure
Division: Penitent / KAZE-Investigator
Nindo: "Through god all things are possible and all I do is in his name."

Looks
The middle aged Penitent woman's body has been honed over the past five years through ridiculous amounts of arduous training. Standing at 5'5", the woman has well toned arms and legs, while retaining a necessary bit of feminine softness. Despite being covered and mostly hidden by the billowing drape of her Zaika, the jounin's natural curviness is still visible.

Her most visible and striking feature are her alluring eyes. Despite having thick, exotically curved eyebrows, long lashes and an almond shape, Nadira's eyes seem to almost shine. Painted a glimmering honey hue, they garner loads of attention even though it isn't wanted. The women's skin holds a warm, caramel complexion with long, jet black hair.

Being a part of the Kuyamuya, she owns matching insignia tattoos on the back of each hand. Also, on her left shoulder is a large, elaborate tattoo of the sun, a mark from long ago that symbolized her street name, "Sunshine".

As far as clothing, other than undergarments, she has no need for them as the Zaika takes care of that. She drapes her entire body in traditional ways, only varying with hijab, burka and niqab head dresses. As far as footwear, soft, durable flat shoes are worn by the kunoichi. Her tools and weapon belt are strapped around her waist.

Personality
Nadira is first and foremost a woman devout in her religion and committed to her beliefs. After finding her faith during her rough ordeal in prison, she has been steadfast to the tenets of the Korang. Living righteously, doing good with no rewards, and being a woman devoid of sin are some of her strongest attributes. Of course, being human, she doesn't always achieve these agreements at 100%, but she continues to strive to be better.

What most people see and enquire about initially is the woman's refusal to show men anything more than her eyes, and only if they are truly trusted by her, they might catch a glimpse of her face. It is part of her faith to keep her feminine modesty completely secret, which helps her feel and be protected.

Socially, the devout woman can be a bit off putting because of her unwillingness to show her face, which puts a literal barrier between her and her comrades. She prefers to just go by Nadira, as her full name harkens back to her rather hurtful past, but will not snap at others when and if they use it. Other than that, she is actually quite friendly and will look out for and help others wherever she can. She even cracks a few jokes here or there.

Elementum-Sand
Special:Can freely manipulate their specialty element for mundane uses without handseals. 2 post cooldown.
Merit:+4 Power, +1 Control, +1 Reserves
Flaw:-3 Tactics, -3 Strength

Stats and Techniques

Willpower:1+16=17
Tac:1-3+18=16
Int:1+16+1=18

Str:1-3+12=10
Spd:1+14=15
Sta:1+14=15

Con:1+1+20+2 [+1 Thread]=25
Pow:1+4+20 [+1 Thread]=26
Res:1+1+20+1=23

<AP>
<TP>

Global Ninjutsu
[S1]Body Switch-Power 2, Tactics 2
[S2]Tree Walking-Power 5, Control 4, Reserves 4
[S3]Reduced Earth-Intelligence 8, Tactics 8, Willpower 6
[S4]Art of Walking on Air-Power 15, Control 15, Reserves 13, Intelligence 14
[S5]Stinging Mist-Power 17, Control 16, Reserves 16, Intelligence 15

Sand Genjutsu
[S1]Demon Mask-Intelligence 3, Tactics 3
[S2]Rushing Winds-Intelligence 6, Willpower 6, Reserves 4
[S3]Division-Control 8, Reserves 8, Power 6
[S4]Mundane World-Reserves 14, Power 13, Control 11, Willpower 10

Sand Ninjutsu
[S1]Conversion of Earth-Power 4, Control 4
[S2]Tracking Sand-Power 6, Control 6, Intelligence 4
[S3]Sand Whip-Willpower 1o, Intelligence 10, Reserves 8
[S4]Sand Instantaneous Body-Power 15, Control 15, Reserves 13, Intelligence 14
[S5]Desert Coffin-Intelligence 18, Willpower 17, Tactics 17, Control 14
[S6]Raging Sandstorm-Power 21, Control 20, Reserves 19, Intelligence 17, Willpower 15

Zaika
Stage 5
[Control 23, 18 Power, 15 Reserves, 16 Willpower]

Inventory
Standard Issue Shinobi Kit

Biography

Age 22

Hushed, weak sobs filled the halls of Unit 3, which was a bunk reserved for the facility's most dangerous women. It was Gion's prison, which happened to be one of the most fearsome jails in all of Wind country. Only the toughest of the tough were housed there and even though her charges fit the bill, Nadira was not cut out for this. She was not a warrior in the slightest, yet tomorrow would be the first day she would be forced to do battle in the arena.

It was late and most were trying to sleep, so it wasn't long before her cell wall got a knock. "Ay bitch!!! Shut up in dere I'm tryna sleep!"

"I'm so --s-sorry. It's just--"

"I'm not tryna hear no sob story just shut your trap!"

"Oh-h okay." She tried to hush her crying, but it only amounted into whimpers. There was a rustling in the other cell and Nadira could only guess what that meant, she'd heard the screams fill the halls only two nights before, who knew what kinds of things went on in a place like this? Moments later, a hand reached between the bars and tossed something heavy into the devastated woman's quarters, it was a book. "Shut up and read it. Helped me in my time of need and it might be able to help you too. Now, go to bed!!!!"

The distraught woman, eyes wide with surprise, crawled slowly through the dark towards the object. She found it and rubbed her soft hands along the book's bindings and through it's pages. The book was old and worn, but it was strong, sturdy enough for prolonged use at least, and the woman was going to do just that. She needed to find strength to endure this ordeal from somewhere, from something and perhaps this was just what she needed.

Raising to her feet, the young woman walked to her small window, the desert moon being her only source of light. Using the illumination, the desparate woman read the words on the cover aloud to herself, "the Korang".

Age 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guards at the Tower
"How does she do it?"

"Oh, Nadira you mean? I been watching her alot lately and from what I gather, she uses the strength of her faith."

"Must be some faith, cause God knows I couldn't endure the things these folk have to.
Not many on the outside world knew just how bad it could get on the inside of the Penitents' compound, unbeknownst to most was the terrifyingly low success rate of those who were bound. Yet Nadira let known of those things get to her. She would train to be like her shinobi brethren, a tool for justice in an oft cruel, unforgiving world.

There were plenty of times when the training seemed too extreme, the yolk of the Zaika too tight, the chill of the night too cold, yet she persevered. No matter how sore, how beaten, how tired she was at night, she would read through her scriptures and find solace in the Word.

It was during her training that she gained an appreciation and an affinity for not only the stealth aspect of being a kunoichi but also for Sand ninjutsu. Often times she would recieve praise for her skills, but she remained humble, yet confident, what she yearned for the most was to get into the field and right some of the many wrongs of the world.

Age 14

"Now you do what mama says okay? Go with that nice man there and do whatever he tells you."

"But mom I don't understa--" There was a loud crack as the frail bodied, but surprisingly strong woman smacked the young teenager across the mouth, drawing an immediate leak from Nadira's lip and tears from her eyes. "No back talk! Now you do what I say girl!"

The burly man, who had been sitting in the corner of the dirty, sparsely furnished room, rose to his full height and grasped the girl by her hand gently, leading her into one of the rooms down the hall. Her sobs filled the apartment.

It was an apartment that she and her mother, who had long since left with the money the man had stuffed into her hand, had lived in since before she could remember. It wasn't much, but Nadira had been happy there, that was, until her father had left them and her mother turned to her various "medicines" to cope with it. It was then that the girl's nightmare had begun, one that would last for years.

Age 28

Butterflies filled the woman's stomach as she stood at the southern gate of Sunagakure, awaiting the arrival of her mission partner. Today was one of many firsts for her, it was her first mission as a Penitent, first time in the village proper, it was even her first time meeting a person, shinobi or otherwise, who didn't frequent the compound. So it was easy to see why she should be nervous.

Her only comfort was the warm embrace of her Zaika, which was now wrapping her from head to toe in black traditional garb, to not only protect her from the sun, but also her womanly modesty. Too long had she been uncaring to bare her skin, not knowing that what she had was treasure that would only be gifted to those worthy of it.

These thoughts were interrupted by a bear of a man with sandy blonde hair and a red gi arriving at the gate, in response to his arrival she bowed her head respectfully and said "Hello."

Age 21

"Eichii no!"

"I said shut up bitch. Don't make me fuck you up! Now get back out there. The boy stays with me, you say I'm his daddy anyway right? We 'bout to have some quality time." Nadira, now a young woman, was a veteran of the alleys and corners of Lower Gion, her reputation of having the best flower in the city had gained both her and her pimp, who was also her child's father, a lot of money.

But she wanted no more of this life. In creating this new life, she could no longer be selfish, she had to provide for not only herself, but the little one that was her responsibility. Turning a tear covered face away from the man, the girl grabbed a knife and spun to face him. "Whatcha gonna do with that? Stab me?! I shoo--uugchh!" Only blood and the handle of the eight inch blade could be seen coming from the man's neck.

-----------------------------------------------------

She tried her best to stay hidden, to stick to the shadows and avoid detection, but that was infinitely harder with a two month old in tow. Soon, very soon, she was apprehended by the police and her child, whose name was Enishii, was taken from her. From there she was transferred to Unit 3, Nadira, whose flower "was so fine it could be sunshine", was locked up with some of the toughest criminals Wind country had to offer.

Age 25

"So, you understand the implications of this deal right?"

"Yes sir I do. It is my wish to be Penitent. This duty will be my way of righting my past sins with the good I can do for Sunagakure."

"Many think they're ready, but after being Bound, they often don't make it. I understand that you've been here fighting in the prison's arena for over three years, well if you become shinobi you'll be fighting for the rest of your natural life, plus you'll be Bound.....forever."

"If God wills it, then it will be so."

A Week Later

The naked Nadira, who was infinitely uncomfortable, sat with nervous eyes glued to the cloth in front of her, while everyone else's eyes were glued to her, or at least that's what it felt like. Even though she had not been Bound yet, she found comfort in the motionless fabric that was laid before her, it stood as a symbol for God's Will in physical form.

After some time, she was ready, and together with her new brethren swore an Oath that she would uphold with her dying breath.

Age 30

The now experienced Penitent had been in the field now for two years, mostly with the KAZE division. Subtlety and subterfuge were some of her strong suits, and after various encounters, her keen eye for details became a valuable asset. From time to time, the once doting mother, moonlighted as an instructor in the manipulation of sand to the younger generation, a position she quite enjoyed and might pursue more in her future. In the present, however, her time as an active shinobi had proven to be a harrowing period for the village. Coming from the streets of Gion and becoming intimate with the underworld, Nadira thought she had met the worst scum that the world had to offer, but it wasn't til she became a kunoichi, that the devout woman truly saw the evil of man.

In her short time she had fought alongside her comrades against the Suna no Shouku, investigated the Dustmen, saw the crowning of Enzan as the Kage and even participated in the secondary push to rid the world of the Assate priests. Blasphemers of the highest degree, the Penitent woman had nothing but disdain and disgust for those men and women who performed truthfully heinous acts in the name of some false god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jounin Finally
She had to admit though, that the most recent and what was recognized as the final assault from the priests was one of immense proportions. To part the skies and rain down techniques of such strength had truly shaken the woman's faith, who was tested as she fought alongside her village mates trying to stop the maniac who had attacked them. Yet witnessing Renchishin Hitoko, who was a legend in his own right, dispatch said villain by himself, fortified in her mind that there was a god, who strengthened one of his own warriors to destroy and discredit those who sought to smite those who were good and just.

Having already been at jounin level for quite a while it was more of a formality when she was officially given the title shortly after the attack on Suna. Now she longs to do her work and serve, as all those on the right path should.

Thread Ratings
Creation: 6 Account Points (Engiversary '15 & DB Donation)
[12/21/15] Moving Forward Interlude +1 Power, +1 Control

Characters
Nadira- Sand Jounin
Hamada- Leaf Chuunin
Shen- Cloud Chuunin
Sei- Stone Genin

Last edited by Hitoko; 01-03-2016 at 01:31 AM..
Old 07-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #2
Junge
u havin a giggle m8

Shouldn't there be somewhere that says this character is a jounin? I feel like that's a thing that should exist.

Quote:
[S5]Desert Coffin-Intelligence 18, Willpower 17, Tactics 17, Control 14
Normally I'd give you an AP to fix this issue, but I'm actually all out now. I believe (I just checked at a glance) that you should be able to take a point out of willpower and put it in intelligence without harming any of the jutsu. Might double check just to make sure though.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:03 PM   #3
darkbeauty
DaButt

I'll be happy to give you 1 AP to fix that issue! And once you put that in, I'll throw a half approval on this gal as well.

I'd love to RP with her one day if I can.

[Katsumi] - [Maho] - [Tomoko] - [Tsukio] - [Ritsuke] - [Shiori] - [Miyuki]

Grass Secondary GM
[9:07:30 PM] M.Cain: She's been super important her whole life,
and super important to Grass for like a few years.

Items
Swaps
AP
Old 07-01-2015, 11:19 PM   #4
Nan_Wu

Thanks DB you're a lifesaver! Also you're the first on my list of people to RP with. Also edited in Junge's observations.

Characters
Nadira- Sand Jounin
Hamada- Leaf Chuunin
Shen- Cloud Chuunin
Sei- Stone Genin

Old 07-08-2015, 03:31 AM   #5
Nan_Wu

BUMP for this lady.

Characters
Nadira- Sand Jounin
Hamada- Leaf Chuunin
Shen- Cloud Chuunin
Sei- Stone Genin

Old 07-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #6
Junge
u havin a giggle m8

I thought I'd already halfed this but I guess not. Here's the official Half Approved.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #7
Wess
Alpha Twink

Half'd for the hijab.

Ratings Moderator / Ame no Kuni Primary / Kaze no Kuni & Hi no Kuni Secondary / Maeda Clan GM
Itsuki Hana ~ Shinshi Junichi ~ Renchishin Ume ~ Maeda Kazuhiko ~ Aoyama Sudao ~ Honekaigi Kasumi ~ Shichou Amane ~ Kawaguchi Takumi

AP / Swaps
Old 07-09-2015, 03:58 AM   #8
Oakapea

I laughed a lil' at every stat being abbreviated except Willpower. Everything checks out though - half-approved. All that's left is Hitoko's seal of approval.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:28 AM   #9
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM

Would it be too much of a request if you changed this character's division? I've realized we're cluttered with SUNA.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:57 AM   #10
Nan_Wu

No problem. I've changed her division to KAZE. Even threw in some reasoning on her being in the investigator group. If only someone could change the title for me that eould be great.

Kaen Edit: The voice in the sky has had mercy on you.

Characters
Nadira- Sand Jounin
Hamada- Leaf Chuunin
Shen- Cloud Chuunin
Sei- Stone Genin

Last edited by Kaen; 07-16-2015 at 11:37 AM..