iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
White Eyes
Ancient Member

Default Marukei Akado - Wind Missing-nin

Name: Marukei Akado
Sex: M
Height: 1.80M

Character Type: Shinobi Missing Nin

Country/Village: Wind Country/Sand Village
Division: N/A (Formerly SUNA)

Physical Description:

At first glance one might not be able to see exactly why Akado was known, in his early years in Sand village, as a Taijutsu prodigy, but nonetheless he is one. Though no incredibly bulky or massive, what the young man lacks in form he makes up for in grace of movement. Indeed, this swordsman possesses great speed and agility, and his body has shaped to accommodate such traits completely- thinner than usual, Akado hasn't an inkling of fat in his body, rather muscles adorning his arms and upper torso, the result of endless sword training he received since an early age. His legs are muscular as well, though not as much, and for that reason he tends to use them less often in battle.

A mane of blond hair upon his brow and dark blue irises decorating his eyes, Akado nearly has the looks of a young lion. His face remain juvenile looking despite his age, at times he can even fool people into thinking he is in his teens.

Clothing: A casual attire for a man wishing to look casual, Akado wears dark grey robes with white stripes around his shoulders, hips and wrists. These robes are tied up using a white piece of cloth, used as a belt. Underneath the robe he wears a plain white long sleeve shirt. Decorating the Jounin's feet are traditional Japanese walking shoes and around his neck a strange medallion tied with a string.

Personality: Apathy is one very good word with which one can describe Akado. He cares for nothing and nothing cares for him. Lacking any sort of ties to anyone upon this wide world, the Jounin believes himself to be completely free. Nonetheless he does wish from time to time to be relieved of this burden of apathy and uncaring, and searches for "a reason to care". So far, however, he is still unsuccessful.

Being a Missing-nin is new to Akado, and thus he still struggles to find a good definition for himself. Most Nuke-nin, it is known, desert their village for greed or a search for power. This Sand Jounin is still trying to find his place in the world of outlaws and criminals, and thus might not feel too comfortable in their company.
Nindo; "Way of the Ninja": "I don't… I just… go fuck yourself, I don't care about anything."
Clan/Bloodline: None.

Primary Archetype:
Cavalier
Special: When taken as Primary Archetype, the character can pierce through a ninjutsu defense one stage above the ninjutsu attack used by the Cavalier once a thread.
Primary: Physical
Secondary: Chakra
Tertiary: Mental
Stat Merit: +2 Speed, +1 Power
Stat Flaw: -2 Intelligence, -1 Reserves

Secondary Archetype:
Human Battery
Special: When taken as Primary Archetype, the character can use any jutsu one more time past the limit. May use this ability only once per thread, and stage 7 jutsu are off-limits. Any jutsu that states that it can only be used once per thread is also off limits.
Primary: Chakra
Secondary: Mental
Tertiary: Physical
Stat Merit: +2 to Reserves, +1 to Power
Stat Flaw: -1 to Strength, -1 to Speed, -1 to Willpower

Statistics

Physical (P)

Strength: 1-1+19 = 19 (+8 )
Speed: 1+2-1+23 = 25 (+25)
Stamina: 1+18 = 19 (+12)

Mental (T)

Intelligence: 1-2+13 = 12
Tactics: 1+11 = 12
Willpower: 1-1+14+2(AP) = 16

Chakra (S)

Power: 1+1+1+16 = 19
Control: 1+17 = 18
Reserves: 1-1+2+17 = 19

Jutsus and Techniques

Sakata-Ryu Kenjutsu

Stage 5: - Freebie 1 to 5
Requirements: 25 Speed, 18 Stamina, 13 Strength, Willpower 16
Stage Bonus: +2 Strength, +2 Stamina, +5 Speed

Celestial Gate

Sei-Mon (Life Gate) - Freebie 6 to 8
Requirements: Stamina 12, Strength 8, Willpower 8

Wind Ninjutsu

Stage 1:
Name: Fuuton: Kaze Bunshin (Wind Element: Wind Clone) - Freebie 9
Requirements: Control 2, Intelligence 2

Stage 2:
Name: Fuuton: Kaze Bakuhatsu (Wind Element: Wind Explosion) - Freebie 10
Requirements: Willpower 5, Intelligence 4, Tactics 4

Name: Kaze Kawarimi (Wind Replacement) - Freebie 11
Requirements: Control 7, Power 7, Willpower 6

Stage 3:
Name: Fuuton: Kamaitachi no Jutsu (Wind Element: Slashing Wind Skill) - Freebie 12
Requirements: Control 8, Power 8, Reserves 6
Special Requirement: A weapon of wakizashi size or larger (ideally a fan).

Stage 4:
Name: Fuuton: Kaze Shunshin no Jutsu (Wind Element: Wind Instantaneous Body Skill) - Freebie 13
Requirements: Control 12, Power 11, Reserves 10, Willpower 12

Name: Fuuton: Daikamaitachi no Jutsu (Wind Element: Grand Slashing Wind Skill) - Freebie 14
Requirement: Intelligence 12, Willpower 11, Tactics 10, Power 12
Special Requirement: Slashing Wind Skill

Name: Fuuton: Kaze Ryuu (Wind Element: Wind Dragon) - Freebie 15
Requirement: Control 14, Power 13, Reserves 11, Intelligence 10

Sand Genjutsu

Stage 1:
Name: Suna Arashi no Shinto (Deadly Sand Storm) - Freebie 16
Requirements: Willpower 2, Power 2

Stage 2:
Name: Saboten Uchinuku Meimu (Cactus Punch Illusion) - Freebie 17

Stage 3:
Name: Inago no Akushumi (Taste of Locusts) - Freebie 18
Requirements: Willpower 9, Intelligence 9, Reserves 7[/SPOILER]

Inventory
Tessen (Fan) (4)
Kunai (2)
Explosive Tags (4)
Smoke Bombs (2)
Wakizashi X2 (8 )

Weapon Points Remaining: 0

Biography: We are born, we live, we die. That is all there is to it. Nothing special, no big mystery to solve… life is meaningless and we ourselves are meaningless. All matters not.

Nonetheless, you have come so far to hear my tale, a story that is a summary of my pitiful life, and I shall tell it. I should warn you, though; if you came to hear of glorious achievements, of valorous battles and swooning ladies you are in for a disappointment. I am but a man, not a stupid legend out of folk's tale; I had my good times and my bad, my crimes and my good deeds. If such an ridiculous concept as God exists, I hope it will judge me worthy… for whatever it's worth.

I was born in the hidden shinobi village of Sand, a young and healthy baby boy, the first born of three more to come. My father was a Shinobi Chuunin and my mother was what nowadays is called a "stay-at-home mom". I was raised in a normal environment, save perhaps the fact that my father was almost always absent from the household, him traveling all around the Wind country on his missions. At the time I did not begrudged him for not being there to see me grow up, although I somewhat do now; I was raised to believe my father was doing great deeds and that I should be proud of him. For most of my childhood years, I was.

The years passed on, and by the time I reached my eighth my father enrolled me to the village's ninja academy, of course without consulting with me, or even asking me what I wanted. Such was the man's way, always assuming everyone around him had the exact same interest as he had. My first day at the academy was the worst in my life, even before I set a single step inside. In the morning before I was supposed to leave home, I confessed to my mother that I did not wish to become a shinobi like father, rather that I wanted to find my own way. Of course, being eight years of age I did not articulate myself in those exact words, but the meaning remained the same. My mother then stepped out of my room and I followed her. She came up to my father and relayed my concerns to him; he did not take such news well.

"You have poisoned my child!" He exclaimed angrily. Such was the man's temper, always so quick to boil. "You made him into a sissy, a girly boy who dared not hurt a fly! Akado-kun will become a ninja, like his father and my father before me, and that is not up for discussion! It has been the tradition in this village for as long as anyone can ever remember!"

Despite such harsh words my mother stood up to her husband and soon they were arguing fiercely, my two younger brothers, twins two years of age, began crying from the noise, adding greatly to the great big commotion. Then, a sounding slap was heard all around the house, and I turned to see my mother on the floor, crying with my father looming over her menacingly. I wanted to cry, but something held me inside, not letting me, and I could not. My father said nothing and simply took me by the arm and led me all the way to the academy. For the entire following week my mother did not leave the house, in shame anybody would see the mark upon her face. From that moment on, two things happened.

The first was that my father kept on beating my mother whenever they came to a disagreement, even on the most minute and insignificant matters.

The second was that I could never cry again. In fact, I have lost all sense of emotion. I became a living machine.

From there on the next few years seem to me like a blur, memories floating together in my mind, blending and mixing until there's not a single piece of memory I am entirely sure of its origin. Nonetheless I remember that I was so fearful of my mother's well being under my father's harsh rule that I strived to excel, and indeed was successful, in the subjects taught in the academy. Rated in the first three among my classmates I was put on a Genin team with two other students I had no interest in befriending, and a Jounin teacher all could not care less about.

Nothing mattered to me, and in time not even the original reason for my hard work, my mother. In fact, for most of the time I acted on autopilot, doing missions and learning jutsu out of nothing more than instinct. It felt like I my mind was asleep with the body doing all the work for it. I simply did not care.

If my mind was asleep, next time I woke was almost 6 years later, and I found myself at the age of 16 and a Chuunin. The exam wasn't too hard, I vaguely remembered, with the Sand village known to have prepared its students thoroughly before applying. I did not win the third round tournament which was held in front of hundreds of spectators in the Village of Stone, but I was able to defeat two other competitors before succumbing to a third, who happened to be my own teammate.

It seemed that this 'sleep' my total apathy produced took over my once more, for I woke up again four years later as a second-in-command of a Chuunin/Jounin team in the SUNA division of the village. By that time I completely cut off any and all ties with my family. I lived alone in a small one room apartment and had no social life to speak of. Friends and family put aside completely, my time was mostly filled with training in the shinobi arts, more out of habit than anything else. Following my team captain's example, I took up two Wakizashi blades as my weapon of choice.

I woke up again almost eight years later. Such a long time to be asleep, under the radar, but it appears that there was nothing to be awake for. I continued to push away anyone who wished to become near me, letting my teammates that I did not wish to engage in social activity with any of them, and had plain out told my parents and brothers I could not care less about any of them, and for their own good they should leave me alone. Such harsh words, but a slumbered mind cannot even register the dire consequences their harshness may lead to.

Nonetheless it appears I have achieved much in that long time; I became a Jounin, accomplishing such a feat after leading several successful and high profile missions. It did not hurt, as well, that my father was a part of the village promotion review board. Despite the fact that I severed all ties with him, he still wanted to be as proud as to call himself the father of a Jounin. To me the title did not matter. I said fuck it and let my consciousness return to its peaceful rest of apathy.

Months later I awoke again to find myself in the middle of a field of carnage, my two short swords drenched in blood. All around me my team lay, some in pieces but all of them dead for certain. It looked as if the mission, right on the border of the Grass country, had gone terribly wrong. Though the team of rogue shinobi harassing the neighboring Wind villages was dismissed of, it took a very heavy toll. My team was gone.

Suddenly, a surge of adrenaline hit me. I was free to live this pitiful existence I care nothing of. All my time in Sand I was miserable and didn't even know it, I care for nothing and thus my apathy turned me into a lifeless machine. There was a whole world out there, waiting for me to explore it. Fuck this shit, I told myself. I'm out of here.

And thus, just like that… I was gone.

Other Info:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo Book Entry
Name: Marukei Akado
Shinobi Rank: Jounin
Missing-nin Rank: C
Shinobi Village: Sand
Point Criteria:
Jounin - 20 points.
Lvl. 5 Wind Ninjutsu - 20 points.
Last Location: Grass/Wind Border.
Additional Notes: None.
Reward: N/A
-2 AP used on Willpower.

Mission Log:

Last edited by White Eyes; 12-14-2008 at 02:39 PM..
Old 12-12-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
Rizhou
Character Registry Stalker

Quote:
Intelligence: 1-2+13 = 12
Tactics: 1+11 = 12
Willpower: 1-1+14 = 16
Riz thinks that's meant to be a 16 and not 14?

As per the new Jutsu and Technique layout.

Quote:
Sakata-Ryu Kenjutsu

Stage 5: - Freebie 1 to 5
Requirements: 25 Speed, 18 Stamina, 13 Strength, Willpower 16
Stage Bonus: +2 Strength, +2 Stamina, +5 Speed

Celestial Gate

Sei-Mon (Life Gate) - Freebie 6 to 8
Requirements: Stamina 12, Strength 8, Willpower 8

Wind Ninjutsu

Stage 1:
Name: Fuuton: Kaze Bunshin (Wind Element: Wind Clone) - Freebie 9
Requirements: Control 2, Intelligence 2

Stage 2:
Name: Fuuton: Kaze Bakuhatsu (Wind Element: Wind Explosion) - Freebie 10

Name: Kaze Kawarimi (Wind Replacement) - Freebie 11
Requirements: Control 7, Power 7, Willpower 6

Stage 3:
Name: Fuuton: Kamaitachi no Jutsu (Wind Element: Slashing Wind Skill) - Freebie 12
Requirements: Control 8, Power 8, Reserves 6
Special Requirement: A weapon of wakizashi size or larger (ideally a fan).

Stage 4:
Name: Fuuton: Kaze Shunshin no Jutsu (Wind Element: Wind Instantaneous Body Skill) - Freebie 13
Requirements: Control 12, Power 11, Reserves 10, Willpower 12

Name: Fuuton: Daikamaitachi no Jutsu (Wind Element: Grand Slashing Wind Skill) - Freebie 14
Requirement: Intelligence 12, Willpower 11, Tactics 10, Power 12
Special Requirement: Slashing Wind Skill

Name: Fuuton: Kaze Ryuu (Wind Element: Wind Dragon) - Freebie 15
Requirement: Control 14, Power 13, Reserves 11, Intelligence 10

Sand Genjutsu

Stage 1:
Name: Suna Arashi no Shinto (Deadly Sand Storm) - Freebie 16
Requirements: Willpower 2, Power 2

Stage 2:
Name: Saboten Uchinuku Meimu (Cactus Punch Illusion) - Freebie 17

Stage 3:
Name: Inago no Akushumi (Taste of Locusts) - Freebie 18
Requirements: Willpower 9, Intelligence 9, Reserves 7
Thank you, Kaen for point that out. <3

Kaen Edit: The Kawa isn't stage one either, Riz. <3

Last edited by Kaen; 12-12-2008 at 03:12 PM..
Old 12-12-2008, 09:23 AM   #3
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer

Actually, Wind Replacement is still there.

Though Riz is right about you only having to list to top stage of your taijutsu styles.

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage

Last edited by Kaen; 12-12-2008 at 09:26 AM..
Old 12-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
White Eyes
Ancient Member

I have no idea what I would do without you, Riz <3

Edits made.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
Rizhou
Character Registry Stalker

Stats and technicals work out now. Half Approval.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer

I just read the bio, and there are few key things wrong with this biography compared to the Sand timeline.
  • The three main divisions were not implemented until after Enzan was elected, which was a little less than a year ago. So his father could not have belonged to SUNA.
  • Before Enzan held the reigns, every firstborn in the country was required by law to be enrolled into the academy as a shinobi. So, considering his birth, he would have gone to the academy if he had be hauled off, and even if both parents disapproved and thought shinobi were the devil incarnate.
Not problems you can't work around, I'm sure; but still things that need to be taken care of.

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage

Last edited by Kaen; 12-13-2008 at 03:09 PM..
Old 12-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #7
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

I'm pretty sure that your mention of Suna at 16 is not going to work, because the Sand Divisions are new, and have not even been around for a year ICly, never mind ten. In fact, it sort of seems like he wasn't even around when the new divisions were about? He probably went missing before then so he couldn't be formerly SUNA.

Frikkin' Kaen....

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [19] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Old 12-12-2008, 11:58 PM   #8
Sinnocent
So fragile yet so devious

Still, nothing too bad for me not to give my little Half Approval.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #9
Woodstock
Rating: Awesome

Half approved pending Kaen's problems are dealt with.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #10
White Eyes
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen View Post
I just read the bio, and there are few key things wrong with this biography compared to the Sand timeline.
  • The three main divisions were not implemented until after Enzan was elected, which was a little less than a year ago. So his father could not have belonged to SUNA.
  • Before Enzan held the reigns, every firstborn in the country was required by law to be enrolled into the academy as a shinobi. So, considering his birth, he would have gone to the academy if he had be hauled off, and even if both parents disapproved and thought shinobi were the devil incarnate.
Not problems you can't work around, I'm sure; but still things that need to be taken care of.
Changes made.