iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
Break
Person

Default [Sand Chuunin: SUNA] Unkai Keshi

Name: Unkai Keshi
Sex: Male
Height: 5'11"
Theme Song: Pink Floyd - Fearless

Character Type: Shinobi
Country/Village: Sunagakure
Division: SUNA - Soldier

"We all have wings, but they have not been of any avail to us and if we could tear them off, we would do so."

You say the hill's too steep to climb
Chiding
You say you'd like to see me try
Climbing

Physical Description: Keshi is lucky that he's naturally good looking since he's usually rather carefree about his appearance. His face is well sculpted, appearing supple but strong. With his thin eyebrows and full lips his facial features Keshi could actually be considered rather feminine, that is, if Keshi didn't forget to shave so often. His eyes are a soft gray-green and a relaxed, amiable smile usually graces his lips. A toothpick or a piece of straw can often be seen protruding from the corner of his mouth.

Atop Keshi's head one will find a messy mane as golden as the morning light itself. He wears his hair quite unceremoniously, letting it lie in small tufts and spikes about his head except for the front where the bangs on either side of his eyes fall to slightly past his chin. He occasionally wears a coolie to keep the desert sun out of his eyes.

Keshi isn't the most muscular guy around, but his body is quite lean and the few noticeable muscles he does have are well defined. The only-slight-tan pigment of Keshi's skin is somewhat of an oddity, one would expect him to have a much darker shade considering the long amounts of time he spends outdoors under the desert sun. Keshi sports a small amount tattoos that seem haphazardly placed about his body, the most noticeable being the one gracing the left side of his abdomen.

Clothing: "Shirts? Eh...overrated" This is Keshi's opinion of shirts and thus he never wears one. Instead he sports a green gi, the edges of which are stitched with a black border. He like to wear the gi open in order to feel the breeze on his body. When on duty Keshi wears a protective metal plate wrapped around his abdomen and the lower part of his chest with white cloth. He also wears a pair of arm guards under his gi.

Below this Keshi wears a cheap, usually torn, pair of khaki pants that reach to about his ankles. He keeps his pants secure with a rope tied about his waist; from this makeshift belt hangs Kazaguruma and a variety of little pouches in which Keshi stores his shinobi gear. Keshi prefers to go barefoot, but the heat of the his desert home doesn't always allow for this.

Keshi wears his forehead protector on his right wrist like an over-sized bracelet. His goggles either hang from his neck or are pushed up on top of his head. Keshi is fan of trinkets and always has an odd assortment of them about his fingers and neck.

Personality: Keshi is generally a very relaxed and laid-back individual. And though some may label him as a lazy bum, it is his overall appreciation for life that causes him to appear lethargic. He's simply a fun-loving guy who does not rush things and tries to fully appreciate every moment. This Suna-nin is rarely in a hurry and prefers to take things at his own pace.

Like a weed in his favored element, Keshi spends a great deal of his time swaying to and fro, simply doing what he feels is truly worth doing - he follows his instincts and doesn't often look back. Keshi fills his free time with such things as busting out tricks on his sand board, partying or simply just chilling out, pondering the workings of the world.

While his normal demeanor would lead one to believe that he is rather forgetful and seemingly unaware, Keshi is just as intelligent and on-the-ball as any other shinobi. He's also knowledgeable in the most random array of subjects: he may be able to tell you everything there is to know about a certain species of cactus or the doctrine of a particular philosopher.

However, when it comes to shinobi duty Keshi's lazy and lackadaisical attitude is replaced by one of rigid focus and determination. The chuunin places the utmost importance on his job and the well-being of Sand's people. Those who know him from outside the shinobi service are often surprised at how serious he is about his work.

Keshi is usually friendly, amiable and overly casual with those that he meets; in fact, his casual attitude often earns him scorn from the more strict-minded authority figures. Though he's a rather different individual, Keshi is very comfortable with himself; he doesn't care much for others' opinion of him.

Essentially, he's just about the chillest bro around, yo.
You pick the place and I'll choose the time
And I'll climb
The hill in my own way
Just wait a while for the right day
And as I rise above the tree lines and the clouds
I look down, hear the sound of the things you said today

Nindo: Bend with the breezes of life so that once they pass, you may stand straight again. Or in other words, chill out, bro.

Clan/Bloodline: None

Primary Archetype

--------------------------------------------------

Statistics

[x] = Elementum merits/flaws
[x] = Pool Points
[x] = Thread Points
[x] = Taijutsu Bonuses

Chakra (Primary)

Power: 1 + 4 + 8 = 13
Control: 1 + 1 + 12 = 14
Reserves: 1 + 1 + 10 = 12

Physical (Secondary)

Strength: 1 - 3 + 11 = 9
Speed: 1 + 6 = 7 + [11 (Ganjou Taiki)] = 18
Stamina: 1 + 10 = 11 + [8 (Ganjou Taiki)] = 19

Mental (Tertiary)

Intelligence: 1 + 9 = 10
Tactics: 1 - 3 + 9 = 7
Willpower: 1 + 6 = 7

Jutsus and Techniques:

Ganjou Taiki (Solid Atmosphere)
[F1] - Stage One (Stamina 4, Strength 4)
[F2] - Stage Two (Stamina 7, Strength 7, Control 6)
[F3] - Stage Three (Stamina 11, Strength 9, Control 8)
Accumulated Bonuses: 11 Speed, 8 Stamina

Wind Ninjutsu
Stage One
[F4] - Fuuton: Kaze Bunshin [Wind Element: Wind Clone] (Control 2, Intelligence 2)
Stage Two
[F5] - Okuridashi Kaze [Propelling Winds] (Willpower 6, Intelligence 5, Power 5 )
[F6] - Kaze Kawarimi [Wind Replacement] (Control 7, Power 7, Willpower 6)
Stage Three
[F7] - Fuuton: Kamaitachi no Jutsu [Wind Element: Slashing Wind Skill] (Control 8, Power 8, Reserves 6, A weapon of wakizashi size or larger)
[F8] - Fuuton: Bouseki Tate no Kaze [Wind Element: Spinning Shield of Winds] (Control 9, Power 9, Willpower 7 )
Stage Four
[F9] - Fuuton: Kaze Ryuu [Wind Element: Wind Dragon] (Control 14, Power 13, Reserves 11, Intelligence 10)

Boomerang Ninjutsu
Stage One
[F10] - Ricochet (Power 2, Willpower 2)
Stage Two
[F11] - Spinning Throw (Power 6, Control 6, Tactics 4)
Stage Three
[F12] - Blurring Strike (Power 9, Control 9, Tactics 7)

Inventory:

-Kunai [2]
-Arm Guards [3]
-Kazaguruma [5]
-Explosive Tags [4]
-Body Plate (Front) [2]
-Communication Unit [1]
-Night Vision Goggles [3]

Weapon Points Remaining: 0
Additional Weapons Points Gained: 0

Biography:
Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling
Merciless the magistrate turns 'round
Frowning

It was dusk on the northeast fringe of Sunagakure and a small boy was playing in small yard in front of a small house. He had spent all day gathering together a large pile of sand and was now repeatedly trudging up it and then riding down on a child-sized sandboard. Suddenly, there was a whoosh in the distance and the boy looked up to see a trail of dust coming towards him. He picked up his sand board and began walking towards the entrance of his yard to investigate this curious disturbance; it was then, that his jaw dropped. He had spotted the source of the upcoming dust cloud and it was a middle-aged man riding on what appeared to be a long, translucent sandboard.

H-he’s…flying

The man gracefully swerved into the yard and came to a hovering stop.

“Whoosh,” said the board.

What’s up?” said the man. “You must be Keshi, is your Gramps home?”

Unable to speak the boy slowly nodded and pointed towards the door of the house.

Thanks, kiddo,” replied the flying stranger.

He hopped off his board and made his way for the door. The boy, still somewhat overwhelmed with a sense of excitement and wonder, sat down to ponder how this man could possibly fly. Roughly, ten minutes later, the windsurfing man emerged from the house and took off in a whoosh, just another trail of dust rising through the streets of Sunagakure.
The boy hurriedly entered his diminutive dwelling to find his Grandpa sitting at the kitchen table.

“How does he do that Grandpa?”

“Wadda ya mean, Keshi?” inquired the old man.

“Fly, Grandpa! How does he fly!?”

The old man, whose name happened to be Jiyuu, looked down at his grandson and smiled bitter sweetly. The boy’s mother and Jiyuu’s daughter-in-law had died during childbirth. Jiyuu’s son, the father, was a semi-successful traveling merchant who could not handle raising his son on the road and had therefore left him with the retired Jiyuu in Sunagakure. Having no parental guidance and living with a lighthearted old man had left the boy with little direction in life. At least if he’s flying, figured Jiyuu, the only direction he can go is up.

“Well,” laughed old Jiyuu, “he’s using Ninjutsu, of course! In fact, I’m the one who taught it to him. I was quite the shinobi back in the day and he was one of my former pupils.”

“Can you teach me? Can teach me to fly like he does!?”

“If you’re willing to have patience and learn, then yes, I can teach you,” answered the retired shinobi.

“Woohoo!”

And so the boy’s training began. Under the guidance of his grandpa, Keshi learned not only about Ninjutsu but about life as well. Jiyuu instructed the blonde-haired boy in yoga, meditation and how to be in tune with the winds and the world. Jiyuu was a very patient man and always encouraged Keshi to work things out at his own pace, to take the time to smell the roses and to always adapt with the changes life brings.

As Keshi enrolled in the Academy and began to further his shinobi talents, he also found himself more and more engrossed in sandboarding. Sandboarding soon became Keshi’s passion; he loved all the aspects of it: the wind in your hair, the sand in your face, even that preemptive split-second when you realize you’re going to bail and there's nothing you can do about it. When he was on a board his entire world consisted only of himself, the board and the sand in front of him; this was a world in which he was in perfect tune with, a rare time and place of harmony in a hectic modern world.

Keshi graduated from the Academy at the age of twelve, slightly late, but not too bad. Soon after, however, Keshi fell in with a group of Sunagakure airboarders, those who combine Wind Ninjutsu techniques with sandboarding to catch more air and pull off crazier tricks. Keshi took to this style of boarding like a fish to water. As a result, he suddenly began dedicating an even larger amount of his time to boarding, often skipping out on shinobi duties and generally angering his superiors.

Though his higher-ups labeled him a slacker and scolded him for his lack of diligence, Keshi’s grandfather did no such thing. He instead told the boy to live and be happy because you only get to live once. Giving advice with such a wide degree of freedom to a young pre-teen boy, however, is never without its consequences. Keshi’s lack of dedication to his shinobi career had him bouncing around genin teams for a few years, only slowly making progress in his abilities. His father would drop by now and then, but their social interaction was usually restricted to an awkward game of chess, and talk of business and markets and customers.

And then, when he was fifteen, tragedy struck as it always does: Keshi’s grandfather spoke his dying words, and they were brief.

“Even the tiny locust does not fly without first spreading its wings.”

Strange last words, but Jiyuu was a strange man. Regardless, the death of his grandfather sent Keshi into a curious, downward spiral and he took an extended leave from his shinobi duties. He found little joy in anything and even stopped sandboarding. However, he did begin reading the numerous novels and books on philosophy that his grandfather had always left strewn throughout the house. When someone very close to you dies, the human condition suddenly seems far more looming.

As the grief began to fade and he reflected on his grandfather’s last words, Keshi came to a realization: he would never get where he wanted in life if he didn’t approach things with at least the required amount of dedication and focus; like the tiny locust, he too could not fly without first spreading his own wings. Furthermore, the only reason that the citizens of Sunagakure could enjoy certain luxuries, such as the theater or even sandboarding, was because of the shinobi that dedicated their lives to keeping the country safe and stable. For the first time Keshi's own responsibility as a shinobi dawned on him.

Upon Keshi’s return to duty, his superiors noticed a peculiar change in the lackadaisical boy: he showed up for all his assignments and performed them with a new sense of resolve and efficiency. They made note of it, but took no action; it could easily be something temporary, one of those ‘phases’ that teenagers are so prone to going through.

Nonetheless, Keshi’s continued success in missions and progress in his abilities pointed to a more permanent change in attitude than anyone had expected. In demeanor he was as easygoing and as seemingly carefree as ever, but it was with a newfound sense of seriousness that the boy now approached his shinobi obligations.

Even with his newfangled responsible attitude it was not until the age of seventeen that Keshi managed to graduate to Chuunin – he had years of slacking off to make up for after all. He was promoted as a result of his new record of continual success and partly due to his participation in a high-profile mission; he and his team all but wiped out a small, but highly organized and rather dangerous group of bandits that had been plaguing some of Sunagakure’s vital trade routes. Keshi proved surprisingly successful in his early Chuunin career; his talent for Wind Ninjutsu reached new heights and he went about mastering the use of his Kazaguruma, a combat boomerang that had once belonged to his grandfather.

Not long after Keshi entered his twenties, the atmosphere of Hidden Sand became plagued with turmoil. It began with the assassination of Arisugawa Nayoko and the appointment of Enzan as the new Kazekage which had somewhat unnerved Keshi. He didn't mind Enzan's idealistic approach but the easygoing Chuunin was not a fan of his changing the government to what was essentially a dictatorship. The rising unrest continued with the escalation of conflict between Sunagakure and the Suna no Soushoku. While he had not been directly involved in these conflicts, Keshi had been relieved by the eradication of the Priests – they had always been quite the buzz-kill.

Unfortunately, his relief was short-lived. Not long afterwards, a series of mysterious kidnapping began and despite their supposed elimination, many pointed to the Suna no Soushoku as the probable culprits. Suddenly, Keshi’s patrol duties became characterized by new degree of urgency. However, this was nothing in comparison with the attempted assignation of the Kazekage and the Jailbreak, for it was then that the dam truly broke and the streets of Sunagakure became awash in bloody chaos.

This disaster deeply troubled Keshi. Despite being a soldier, he had never been one for violence when it wasn’t necessary and he was greatly upset at the overall peace of the village being so disrupted, so thrown into disarray. He had always felt that people deserved to enjoy their lives and senseless violence like this often had a habit of making that more difficult. The Kazekage being disabled by delirious sickness didn’t help much either.

As a result Keshi dedicated a bit more effort to his shinobi duties and even managed to bring in two of the escaped convicts himself. Following the Jailbreak, he also generally succeeded in keeping up with his other activities as well. It was nice to get out now and then for a relaxing sandboard run on the dunes when everyone in the village was so on-edge.

While spreading his wings remains his primary goal, Keshi realizes the importance of keeping the peace in and around Sunagakure. It’s rather difficult to fly through a storm after all.

And who's the fool who wears the crown?
Go down,
In your own way
And every day is the right day
And as you rise above the fear-lines in his brow
You look down, hear the sound of the faces in the crowd

Other Info:

Writing Example: Not required

Thread Log: None

Last edited by Break; 04-27-2011 at 10:24 AM..
Old 01-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
Break
Person

Alright, I think this revamp is good to go. However, i just noticed that the Sand Board item is in the Junk forum now. Any reason for this? Am I seriously going to need to re-register the item or can the old one just be moved?

Last edited by Break; 01-24-2010 at 12:26 AM..
Old 01-30-2010, 02:56 AM   #3
Sinnocent
So fragile yet so devious

Umm, I'm going to hold off on approving this until the Sand Board thing is clarified by someone higher up than me. But I wouldn't think it would need it at all unless you were using it as an actual item. Offensively or defensively. My sand genin's old teammate sand boarded and the board wasn't listed as an item. So... I don't know.

Though I will say it looks pretty good. Familiar, but eh...
Old 01-31-2010, 06:36 AM   #4
Virtual Dream
Plus Ultra

He can sand board all he wants, just not in combat, was the ruling I got when I registered Ryuusei.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
Will of Fire
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Dream View Post
He can sand board all he wants, just not in combat, was the ruling I got when I registered Ryuusei.
That is correct.

You might want to get him a weapon to go along with his slashing wind jutsu, or else it might be kind of pointless to know the technique in the first place.

Please do not request registry checks. I'll get to it soon enough.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #6
Break
Person

Last time around Kaika87 had Ok'd him using the sand board in place of a weapon/fan: http://www.narutorp.net/showthread.php?t=21322

Then again, that was a long time ago and in that case the board was registered as a item. Perhaps I should just take the sandboard off the item list and throw in a fan type weapon? I was planning for him to use a Tessen in the future anyhow.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #7
Break
Person

Bumping this

EDIT: On second thought, I've just noticed this bump was made out of habit and in the true scope of things entirely unnecessary considering it was still the second topic on the first page. Is Engi on it's deathbed?

Kaen Edit: Slow is hardly dead.

Last edited by Kaen; 02-07-2010 at 07:05 PM..
Old 02-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #8
Kaen
Editor Doomsayer

And yes. It would probably be more prudent for your character to use a fan.

Please Use [They/Them] Pronouns For Me.
Kurayami ~ Real Monster | Y—i ~ Unfurling Fire | Ayaka ~ Silent Dissident
Kyou ~ Collared Cat| Masuyo ~ Lurking Liar | Rina ~ Serial Adventuress
Shiori ~ Cynical Seer | Kinsha ~ Pure Poison | Miyu ~ Amoral Mage
Old 02-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
Break
Person

It would seem the revamp of this revamp is ready for the registry. If someone could haul it over there, it'd be appreciated.

Also, the title should be edited to: [Sand Chuunin: SUNA] Unkai Keshi

Last edited by Break; 02-16-2011 at 06:06 PM..
Old 02-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

You are only permitted to have one item in each registry. Right now you have Keshi and Jun in the Character registry. Not only is it a little fast to be registering three characters at once (including Hid'un), it's against the rules. So either Keshi or Jun will have to return to unfinished until the other is fully approved.

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [23] - Tracker - Works In Progress