iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
Mizu
Snow GM

Default User

User
-someone who operates. Informal; an addict

Note: This is a solo thread to further Kou's narrative, though anyone is free to enter for any reason whatsoever.

It was almost like a scene straight from a bad detective movie. Ichisuke Koushou sat at a table, hands on the top holding a now perfectly room temperature cup of water. A single dim lightbulb burned out, flickering occasionally above his head. It hung on a thin cable, bulb exposed, casting harsh shadows on the boy's thin face. Thick lines stretched across walls where light couldn't hit with the focus solely on the single bulb and the way it hit Kou's forehead, brightening it to a bleached white. He had been sitting there, perfectly still for what felt like hours. He didn't ask for a lawyer. He didn't ask for anything. He hadn't done anything illegal yet, and now that he was in for "questioning," he wouldn't have the opportunity to do anything illegal in the foreseeable future.

It was his fault he was in this mess. After speaking with Dr. Sakuragi, Koushou had brandished a sample of the drug, thinking he could spur the doctor into responding. All Kou had managed to do was upset the doctor and draw the attention of KISEO, who took matters of Druid's Heart exceptionally seriously. The drug was permeating the culture of Kusa, bringing a slough of problems, dragging in countless individuals and the leader of Grass himself. Koushou had stuck his head out trying to be a good kid, to take matters into his own hands and forge a path against the drug that was ruining his country so expeditiously. But all of that didn't matter when the door creaked open and in stepped a man roughly two meters tall, thin, and built like a cobra.

"You ready to talk?" said the gruff investigator, dark brown hair and beard scruff providing a clear contrast to his too pale skin.

Kou looked up from his still water, exposed light catching exposed eyes, and nodded briefly before shaking his head.

"I already told you everything I know. I found that vial after Kinokozaku-Fu practice. I didn't sell it. I just gave it away to a friend."

"And you just happen to forget your friend's name?" said the scruffy man, sliding into a metal chair. The scraping sound of metal on the floor hurt Kou's ears. "That's awfully convenient. You're in an awful lot of trouble, Ichisuke."

"I didn't enter your custody detained. I'm not being detained. I'm answering..." Kou stopped. He was of average intellect, in fact, in some ways he was below average. When it came to matters of jurisprudence, though, he knew quite a bit. He had to when he was singularly in charge of the family's estate. "I'm answering questions on my own volition with no formal charge. I am free to leave at any time. Mitsuo didn't suggest I'd be getting the criminal treatment."

Kou sounded a lot braver than he felt. He hoped the voice crack didn't give him away.

[[Jadartan]]
Social Media Moderator for Engi.
Co-Secondary Mist GM
Enari Clan GM, The Loyalists GM

Last edited by Mizu; 04-23-2014 at 12:20 AM..
Mizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:18 AM   #2
Mizu
Snow GM

"I'm not saying you are being detained. All I'm saying is that you're in the questioning room and the door is locked and I'm under no obligation to let you out for the next few hours."

Kou opened his mouth to protest but was cut short by opposing council stepping forward and placing his hands on either side of Kou's cup, invading the genin's space and attempting to intimidate the boy with prolonged eye contact. It worked. Kou squirmed uncomfortably, the dull, hollow sound of the room mixing with the bleak colors and stark light and steely glare. It was a perfect blend of the unpalatable and Kou couldn't wait for it to be over. In an ideal setting, Kou’s resolve was less than steel. In this slick, cold room, his resolve was flimsier than rice paper.

Maybe you need some time to think,” the detective muttered, turning his back quickly. The backside of his hand knocked the cup over, spilling water down Kou’s lap. “Very sorry about that. By the way, when you’re in the holding cell with the other outlaws and cretins, make sure they know it’s just water, otherwise they might think you’re scared.

Kou looked up with anger flashing in his eyes and layered with a tinge of hurt. The words “holding cell” piqued his interest so surprise and bitter resentment coalesced in a confusing concoction of emotion. He voiced his concerned to the detective, asking what could possibly be meant by mentioning a holding cell. The detective chuckled to himself, a deep and resonating glottal fry emerging from the base of his neck like a bullfrog.

Eh-heh-heh,” croaked the lanky detective, “Did I not mention I’m establishing charges? You’re obstructing a KISEO investigation. That’s, at the least, very against the laws, little lawyer-chan.

KISEO wasn’t always filled with douche investigators, but it did seem to attract a generous crew. This thought fueled Kou for the next hour as he sat in an even colder, even darker room next to a tweaked out shinobi with electric green hair and a small medic girl who kept twitching every few seconds. Though she carried the Kasaido emblem, she didn’t seem to understand medical practice enough to know that she was clearly going through withdrawals and law dictated she should be under medical supervision. Medical law was easy enough to guess. If it put a body in danger, it was probably illegal in the city. If it was in a mission, the law went out the window.

E-Excuse me,” Kou asked, turning to the mousy medic girl. He reached out to tap her on the arm. Wildly, like a banshee, she shrieked and backed away, clawing at the air.

Shit!” she screamed, eyes wide open like black dots on a sea of white. “God, you fucking scared me!

Sorry. I just thought you might need to get some medical attention,” Kou responded, holding his palms open like he would to a savage animal. “You know, for, you know, your, erm, problem… of the Heart?

He cleared his throat quickly to relieve a slight tickle. He needed that water now resting in his crotch to be back in a cup. He was thirsty and lukewarm water seemed like a veritable luxury now that he was “booked.”

Heart?” the twitching girl asked, violently shaking once, rolling shoulders left to right. “What the fuck you mean Heart?

I meant, uh… D-Druid’s Heart. I, I do Kinokozaku-Fu. I’m a Shroomer. I’m… uh, busted, too. So we’re in the same boat.

A subtle, simple lie. But he had nothing else to do but talk and she was a prime suspect for divining any information.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Old 04-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
Mizu
Snow GM

Lulu was her name and being a general thorn in everybody's side was her game. Getting caught for possession wasn't a really big deal, but doing hard drugs, specifically drugs that are under the careful watch of Fukumen, all while on important missions got you "placed under review." And then flagrantly screaming "I'd turn on all of you if it meant more of that Vape, fuck all of you!" Got you the kind of attention that carried explanatory words like crack-head and traitor. Instead of being placed in rehab, the medic Shinobi was placed under the custody of Kusa, where she had been sitting in a cell for a week. Dealing with "traitors" allowed a certain lassitude in the law, negating the need for quick processing and intake of inmates. So Lulu got to sit in a holding cell for days at a time while the higher ups decided if they should try to fix her or write her off as a lost cause.

It was two hours or so later when Lulu made real eye contact with Koushou. She brushed her short, frayed brown hair from her half-vacant eyes and breathed shakily. When she asked Kou what he knew about the drug, it came off more as a plea than a real question, and it hurt Kou in a dull way to see someone so affected by addiction.

"I'm a processor." Kou frowned to himself, unsure if that was the drug-culture's accepted terminology for one who turns raw product into Druid's Heart. No one really knew how they did it, so Kou was hoping she was just a guppie nipping at at dead flesh, and not the fisherman tossing carrion overboard. "I work outside of Kusa making the product. Why? You need some?"

"Fuck yeah. Are you kidding? I'm dying here, it's like my body is straight up shutting down. Who do you deal to? I've never met you so-- wait! How do I know you're not a narc?" Her eyes flashed with feral paranoia. "This could be a trick to try and get me to spill my guts before you all spill my guts with a blade!"

"No guts, none," replied Kou calmly, holding his hands up again in the proffered sign of peace. His biceps hurt from the staggering duration he'd been having to hold this position the past day. "I deal to, erm, Rei?"

There had to be someone named something like Rei?

"Rei?"

"Mei?"

"Mei. I don't know Mei."

"I said Lei."

Her voiced dropped to half her volume and intensified in speed. "Leisuka? You deal to Leisuka?! She's my direct report. I can't believe I'm finally meeting you. Is... Is the Academy deal still going down? I mean, it took months to fill that many hollow kunai with Vape. You think they'll still do the pick up tomorrow?"

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Old 04-24-2014, 01:01 AM   #4
Mizu
Snow GM

It took mere minutes for the seemingly impervious Lulu to tell Kou all she knew, hoping it would impress him. It impressed him, but it more impressed upon him the need to get out of this cell and go directly to the Academy. It this deal was going down on academic soil, students may be involved, and they were precious, malleable things. The right thing here would be to obviously get the policing forces involved. This was their domain, where they were most in their element. But the idea of the bust being busted before Kou could get involved just seemed wrong to the boy. Why shouldn’t he be there, watching the deal take place and then letting the forces know so they could bust the dealers and the sellers who would likely hide their new stash in old spots? Granted, expert tacticians would have planned this mere seconds after Kou told them, but little Koushou couldn’t leave it up to chance.

Ichisuke,” the intake office said in dreary, deadpan tone. “You’re being released with a stern warning.

Why?

Because we’re going to let you go, what do you mean, why? That guy was just blowing smoke, hoping you’d crack. He figured you really don’t know shit.

Silence had paid off. With rumpled clothes and a distinct taste of foulness in his mouth, he figured his first stop would be home to get a spare change of clothes. But that was cut short by a group of Shroomers practicing their psychedelic forms on the street, passing out advertisements for a small, unofficial street carnival supporting the “Eradication of Druid’s Heart!” Another flyer emblazoned “We Trip With Fists, Not With Hearts!” Or the most poignant one, “Drugs Suck.” And this carnival had the distinct opportunity to buy “blessed kunai treated with holy water at the Academy by an expert Hijutsu user. These things repel the drug and those carrying it*

* Promise not guaranteed. Kunai are purely ceremonial and only available while supplies last. See associate for details.”

Kou furrowed his brow at the flyer, nose inches from the tiny print. Behind him, a man slinked into the shadows, watching from the darkness. And just as quick as the man disappeared, Kou began to move again, flyer in hand, mind racing meters ahead.

So this was a public deal. A huge drug deal in the guise of a small, personal, neighborhood party on a small, personal street in a neighborhood. It wasn’t the smartest of choices, but there was a subtle genius to the idea of being so brazen in delivery that there was a chance it would be completely overlooked. And if the “deal” was tomorrow, that meant they’re be prepping the stock now. Looked like Kou wouldn’t be getting a new outfit after all.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Last edited by Mizu; 04-24-2014 at 11:19 AM..
Old 04-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
Mizu
Snow GM

"Hey, Shuma-kun," Koushou shouted, waving at one of his "friends." Shuma was a bit shorter than Kou and had an angular face like a swordfish and a mass of curly black hair falling in long ringlets around his face. His burned out eyes were itchy looking and red, his mouth in a twisted, thin smile, and his stature hunched and tired. Shuma was the most burned of burnouts. If there was a huge deal, Shuma would know, not because he was a dealer, but because he was a huge buyer.

"Still relying on that savings?" Asked Kou, adding a laugh to offset the potentially insulting question.

"Shut up, Kukuku. You have twice as much as I ever had and that's just what you wipe your mouth with." He mimed the action with affected motions, trying to be as ridiculous as possible. "I did my time doing my missions and earning my ryou the right way. I do my missions if Kusa-chan wants it, but on a day to day basis Fukumen can Fukuhimself."

"Careful, Batsu, you keep speaking like that and you'll be where I was this morning. Which was not your mom's house, by the way. It was jail. And if you got arrested how ever would you pick up your school supplies at the Academy tomorrow?" Kou cocked his head and winked, egging Shuma on. If the boy knew anything, he'd play along. Shuma wasn't one for subtlety if he could help it.

"No way," Shuma cooed. "You know? How? None of my contacts knew about you. I asked."

"I asked Leisuka for anonymity." Dropping the only name he knew like he knew what he was talking about. Talk about a power play.

"Leisuka. That bitch. Her product is shit. Listen, try this out... It's a sample of what's to come tomorrow."

And before he could oppose, another green vial, for the second time that day, was in his hands. And instead of powder, it was tiny little jade pills, each one with a slight indentation on the thin coating of a smiling face with an eye closed. Like the drug was in on the joke and so would you, soon enough. Kou knew he should get rid of it, or maybe hold onto it for someone.

Yes. Addicts needed the substance in lowering quantities to wean themselves off it. That's what he would do. Hold on to the sample for other people. Because that's the right thing to do. Then again, he should probably try it out so he knew what he was up against. Addiction didnt happen after one time. Tons of Shroomers did it frequently and stopped suddenly without withdrawals. He'd be fine, he just had to do a small dose. Try it out. For science. That was okay, wasn't it? It was for science.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Old 04-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #6
Mizu
Snow GM

Kou's den was a den in the same way a yacht was a boat. He had grown up in a somewhat well to do household, after all. His walls didnt even touch the walls of other people's houses, a sign of true wealth. The distillery had never been a complete money maker but it certainly wasn't a waste of time. And one would think, with all that access to alcohol, wouldn't Kou have even sampled the batches? But no. Kou didn't bother with the stuff, because of many reasons. The most important one was that his father did enough sampling for all of Kusa and he had the rehab bills to prove it. The second, and this one scared Kou so much he didnt even actively recognize it, he was afraid he might like it. What teenager got addicted to liquor? Honestly, it was sloppy, especially for a Shinobi. He could imagine being on a mission, trying to be an effective field nurse for his teammates only to misdiagnose because he was too focused on his awesome buzz.

Kou was alone in his house. His mom was... Dead. His father was off in another "vacation recuperation and systematic well-being enhancement facility" to sleep off his last six week vodka vacation. His pet feline was out in the back hunting game, like turkeys or small children. So Kou was sitting at the kitchen table with a blackened sword shaped pipe and a compacted mound of green powder. Empty pill shells laid on the table like scattered beetle exoskeletons. He knew that pills were easy to overdose, but Shuma had said no one overdoses on smoke. You can only breathe so much, right?

The sword shaped pipe had a green pile in its pommel, which Kou lit with a small lighter. The orange and blue flame licked the tip of the green, sending black and gray tendrils twisting down to the pipe's chamber, where it swam along the sword's blade and emerged from the end into Kou's lungs. He would just try a little. A single puff to see what it was like. Then he would stay in the house, walk around, enjoy it, come to terms with what it's like and detail it's effects in a journal for future medicinal use.

He held the smoke down, remembering that Shuma said the longer you held the smoke the more y--

Ablueerrrggghhhhh!

He hacked violent spews of dragon's breath from his mouth, smoke billowing out in plumes of ashy smoke, stinging his eyes and causing him to cough even more, this time with more violence. He was hacking and shaking by the time he expelled all the smoke, unable to get much breath back in.

A few minutes passed by and Kou felt nothing. Maybe one more "hit" would do the trick, since didn't he just cough out all the smoke? It's not like he even did much.

This "epic bong rip" lasted a bit longer. Smoke chilled in his lungs and though his eyes watered and teared, Kou kept it down long enough to just barely let out a steady single wisp of smoke that inched out like a silver snake. In ten minutes, and what was probably twenty hits later, Kou had no green left in his pipe. It was just ashy black powder. One more hit would finish it off, so he better make it the best hit.

He lit the ashes and sucked. Hard. He breathed in as hard and deep as he could.

And the mesh gave way, allowing freshly lit powder to fly into his mouth. He spewed and screamed, but forgot to remove the pipe from his mouth, blowing ashes all over his face and into his eyes. Black dust swam around the kitchen, stinging his eyes, burning his mouth, itching his throat. He tossed the pipe onto the table and reached for a towel to wipe himself off, did so quickly, and then realized the towel felt fucking weird. Like, it felt, like, spiky. But not hard spiky but like fruit spiky, like soft but still spiky.

Did you get that?

And why did his eyes hurt so bad? Oh, right. He trudged his way to the bathroom to put some drops in and clean up.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Last edited by Mizu; 05-11-2014 at 10:45 PM..
Old 04-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #7
Mizu
Snow GM

Water was really fucking weird if you just thought about it because if your hands are under the water it's like they're wet but wet with this thing, not with like actual things plural and water was really a million little drops so the water spilling over Kou's hands when he washed them was really a billion little pieces even if it felt like one big wet glove that he could wiggle his fingers in and that was really weird like did you ever think about that?

By the time he had dried his hands on that soft spiky towel in the bathroom it was like every towel was made out of that spiky but soft fabric like with individual hairs or something on it like did that catch water better and he walked back to the kitchen one more time but stopped because he didn't remember walking back there but he must have because he was there and he didn't remember the walking part but he remembered thinking things and he must have thought them outside of the bathroom so maybe while his mind eye was seeing mind stuff his body eye was seeing body stuff and taking him to the kitchen and he thanked his head like thank you sir for taking me to the kitchen even though I didn't tell you to you get me you feel me you're a good body.

And peanuts were fucking disgusting because like normally he was all about it but these were super crunchy and felt like a million jagged pebbles in his mouth and how did people bother eating these without putting them in water like some really poor cereal like shit it was chewing sand and even when he swallowed there were still bits making it feel like he had a dirty mouth and his tongue got so tired picking the bits out of his teeth.

He walked outside and grabbed an apple of some sort from a cart and began to eat it but some guy grabbed his arm and started yelling and Kou figured the guy was mad that Kou wouldn't share the apple when it all came together and he realized this wasn't exactly his apple so he got ryou out of his pocket and handed it over which calmed the man but panicked Kou because he realized money was used to trade stuff for the promise of more stuff and money was singlehandedly the biggest experiment in community trust there ever was and that really fucked him up, man.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Last edited by Mizu; 05-11-2014 at 10:49 PM..
Old 05-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #8
Mizu
Snow GM

Fuck man where am I? I should find Shuma and ask him what's going on because it feels like a good day and I don't see why I shouldn't share it with someone and Shuma is someone. He's a cool guy and nice, too. Kind of weird that he's so nice when I've been pretty distant in the past, I mean, we only know each other because we sometimes spar in the streets and shoot mushroom spores into each others faces. That was funny if you thought about it. We tried to get each other high, so I guess we're just doing that still but with drugs instead of chakra and spores, hahahahaha.

------

Kou sat in the middle of the residential street, people milling about casually on a lazy afternoon. His head knocked back to stare at the sky, mouth agape, cautiously noticing clouds morph into shapes. One looked oddly enough like a large animal with a human head, which made Kou laugh, but his laugh sounded maniacal and so loud in his head. It sounded like a foghorn cutting through morning mist. His laugh was so sonorous it surprised him, which in turn made him laugh more, this time with a bit more humor. For four minutes or so Kou laughed wildly, in turn laughing because he was laughing, which ultimately caused him to end up out of breath and in tears.

A few people walking by had stopped infrequently to stare at the boy laying in the middle of the road. One lady stopped and sucked her teeth, a disapproving glare glimmering under her scrunched, scowling features. In the shadows, a tall, thin man adjusted his glasses, watching Kou from a distance. Kou was oblivious that he was being followed, and in some ways, he was so blitzed that it really didnt matter.

Kou pulled out his pipe once again and loaded up a new batch of the sticky, well chuffed with himself. Around him, people held their heart in shock and hurried away. Many users didnt use in the streets, but Kou was feeling like that was stupid. It wasn't illegal to do the drugs. It was illegal to sell, and he want selling it. Then again, he'd still get in trouble, but Kou had learned that when he was stoned, he was much less likely to follow rules and conventions and instead preferred to stare at things and think about thinking. The more his thoughts got "whoa," the more he found himself enjoying this weird foray into understanding the addict's mind.

He blew smoke out, allowing his high to coast back up and push him into the stratosphere, where he realizes life is connected not through a circle of life or anything, but because the Earth was a house and we were all just roommates. And when he thought about it like that, life was a little better. His lips buzzed and his breathing shortened. His chakra surged in his body, begging to find ways out. His eyes narrowed and his mind began to race. At the same time he felt his muscles relax and body slow down. It was terrifying to realize he was slipping, speeding up and slowing down at the same time.

It was scary. And it was so cool.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Old 05-07-2014, 11:47 AM   #9
Mizu
Snow GM

That was enough, he told himself. But the concept of telling himself made him stop and think. It was like he was talking to himself, but to do that, like, thinking to yourself, implied there was a talker and a receiver and if they were the same person, didn’t that mean they were separate in a sense? One to send and one to receive the message, if not, then he wouldn’t be talking to himself because there wouldn’t be a need to even relay a message if it was understood and given at the same time. Like, he would just get it, and not have to worry about messages and transmitting information. He was feeling disassociated from his body and it was freaking him out just a little.

He picked himself (there he went again with the doing things for himself like he was a separate consciousness or something, maaaaaannnn) off the ground and started walking, stowing his still warm pipe in his pocket. His goal now was to head to the Academy, as he had spent about 20 hours roaming the streets, getting high, coasting back, and getting high again. And he had done so without interaction with the police, which was a blessing, to be honest. His feet carried him, twisting on the ground like he were walking on water, and after a few minutes he found himself outside a building where men were busy setting up crates and balloons and other signs of festivities. The air smelled of fried breads and sweets, which turned Kou on in a bizarre way. Before him stood a precision test, where one could use just enough strength on a hammer to raise the metal bar to a certain point, without it going higher. A dunk tank off to the right and an accuracy game involving kunai to his lef—

Kunai. That’s right! There was a huge sale going on today and Kou was in the mood to spend some. He sauntered in a completely and totally, 100% absolutely nonchalant very cool casual way and rested his arms on the ceremonial kunai stand in the very back of the festival. He caught a glimpse of his reflection in the sheen of a display knife and nearly screamed. His eyes were bloodshot and framed by deep beige bags. His lips were cracked and his hair was righteously out on control. He looked like a huge mess and he oddly didn’t care. He was on fire, every nerve simultaneously screaming for release and totally reserved. He turned up his “super cool” demeanor and tried to engage conversation.

HEY.” Kou said in a friendly voice two octaves higher and far too loud. The man handling the kunai startled a bit and looked up at Kou, frowning.

Not open yet, Kid. You can get your drug-free-is-the-way-to-be ceremonial kunai in two hours like everyone else. Go enjoy a cake down the street. Or maybe some tea, you look like you could use it.

No. I’m here for, uh…” he paused in an absolutely chill manner that he knew would make him seem like a calm and accessible, grounded, down to earth guy. “Drugs. I mean, I’m here for not drugs, man. But kunai.

Kou nodded and widened his eyes knowingly. He nodded faster, increasing the rate until his world blurred.

Leisuke,” he dropped his voice to a whisper, leaning in, “She used to be my point of contact, but I’m not with her anymore. And I’m going over to Shuma’s side.

Shuma ain’t even a dea—“ He stopped, covering his mouth. “I got nothing to say to you kid.

Shuma is in on it, man. In a big way, and we’re going places, and you can be with us. We’re not small-time, man. We’re prime-time. We’re the biggest time.

Keep dreaming kid. Shuma is as small-fry as you get. Leisuke ain’t got shit on shit. When you get to Kaika’s level, maybe we’ll talk.

Kou nodded. “We’re already there. We met Kaika. He’s in on it. How else would I know that you’re going to get busted today.

What?

Kaika told me. And the cops know.

Why the hell would Kaika ruin his own deal?! You’re as stupid as they come, tweaker. Get out of here before I kill you.

Time to bluff!

Because Kaika is going to take out the competition. A huge drug sale attracted all the small-time dealers of Kusa? Sounds like the perfect way to set up a mogglepoly… Monopottie. Monopolollie. You know what I mean.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Last edited by Mizu; 05-11-2014 at 10:52 PM..
Old 05-11-2014, 12:05 PM   #10
Mizu
Snow GM

Tense. That was the best way to describe the feeling as Kou waited for the other shoe to drop. That was what happened when you flew by the seat of your pants. Koushou hadn't planned any of this and while it was unfolding, he was being reactionary, which was quite his usual method of interaction. He wasn't genius enough to plan out how to crack people, and he really only understood things as they happened, but he was quick to respond, which served as quite the benefit in this instance. The kunai man nodded his head slowly, thinking over Kou's testimony. Nothing must have seemed out of place after careful consideration because he began closing up boxes of kunai to his right and motioning for a second man to come grab them.

Take them away, it sounded like he had said.

Kou watched as the separated boxes of kunai were packaged up and totted back to a large pram, like a massive baby buggy with a pulled up sun cover.

"Kaika thinks he can shit on my deals after making me work so hard to even be allowed to set this up? I'll show him. I'm going to have some strong words for that bastard."

The man ran off in a hurry. Kou, figuring the deal was busted, grabbed a kunai from an open box and dashed off after the man. While following, he switched open the rounded back of the kunai, revealing a hollow chamber filled with green powder. He chuckled to himself softly and kept running. Behind him, he could faintly hear a man ask to see the kunai. Kou turned his head over his shoulder as he ran and saw a tall man with glasses glinting in the Kusa sun pull out a badge and show it to the man packaging the weapons. Kou escaped the quite convenient arrest and reached an alley in the back end of the residential district, following the weapon dealer drug man, who at this point was sweating and panting. He pushed open a door and walked into a dark room where a man sat casually. Kaika was certainly big time by the lavish luxuries he had in his ornate room, though he was obviously not worried about the issue of security. No guards stood nearby to keep the threats contained. Kou figured this meant that Kaika was obviously the threat.

"You have a deal to broker, Tamazu, what brings you to my den. And with a child."

Tamazu turned around and noticed Kou had followed him in. Not exactly the smartest choice, but Kou wasn't the brightest thinker.

"You don't recognize this child?" Tamazu asked incredulously, panic rising in his voice.

Kou stepped in and did the two things he'd been finding he was good at, deflection and bluffing. "Tamazu stopped your deal because it was about the busted by the Police. We made sure he got out of there without incident."

"Where is my product?"

"Back at the deal site."

"With KISEO," Kou added helpfully, smiling.

An arrow appeared in Tamazu's chest. He sunk to the ground dead. Panic flooded Kou, adrenaline pumping like a horse in a race. His feet wobbled unsteadily and he sank into the closest chair, holding his face in his hands. Tamazu's breath gurgled once before he went silent. This couldn't be happening. It was the drugs. He was hallucinating. Obviously.

"Now, my deal is fucked and someone is to blame. Biggest question, though, is who the fuck are you?"

Kou wildly searched for something to say. A light flickered in his head and he managed to squeak out.

"I'm your newest dealer, investor, and confidante, Mr. Kaika. My name is Ichisuke Koushou and I'm here to help you in any way I can. Now, maybe we should discuss how I can broker your next deal."

The speed at which he had forgotten about the lifeless body on the floor two feet from him concerned Kou for a split second, but like so many days of seeing his father passed out almost dead from near overdoses on the kitchen floor or stairwell, he did what he learned to do best: ignore the problem completely.

"Well then, let's get started."

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Last edited by Mizu; 05-11-2014 at 10:59 PM..