iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:36 PM   #1
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

Default [Spartoi] - Kaihoukan Saijikisha Yuudai

[The Vulture’s Fang]

[Name] Saijikisha Yuudai
[Title] Ace of Swords

[Age] 11
[Sex] M
[Height] 4’11”
[Country/Village] Hi no Kaze / Sunagakure
[Rank] Advanced Genin
[Division] SUNA
[Clan] Kaihoukan

[Nindo; “Way of the Ninja”]
"A fight is an agreement between two parties, so if your opponent abandons the fight, you can't win."

[Physical/Clothing Description]
The Kaihoukan has gone through a number of growing pains due to his spurts happening faster and harder than most his age and at the top of that height rests a crop of tactically messy, black hair which seems to compliment his light brown skin. The one thing that seems to contrast his typically normal appearance is the pair of pale blue eyes that peer out as if he were searching the souls of all those that they land on. Yuudai’s skin is unblemished to this point, save for the back of his off or right hand. There rests in black the tribal tattoo of his clan, something that he takes care to never cover save for certain situations where it’d be necessary.

His attire consists of the typical Spartoi uniform. The gold armor of his top extends past the shoulders and down the arms but is hinged to allow freedom of movement while his pants have the same gold plating over the shin to protect his legs from low swipes and slashes. His Crimson cape extends barely past his shoulder blades as he felt that any longer than that and it feels to constricting on arm movement and dodging. Yuudai usually leaves his top buttoned all the way to the top but in moments where he loses himself, it has been seen to be fully open, revealing just a plain white tee shirt underneath.

[Personality]
Yuudai’s demeanor is a calm and calculated one. He is a firm believer of coming up with a plan before any sort of action takes place and strives to ensure the plan is firmly in place. Patience is rooted even in the way that the Genin uses his katana, with careful swings. It is with this state of mind that he approaches people, giving everyone a chance to prove themselves to him and then the Kaihoukan determines whether or not they are worthy of his trust.

But that coolness cracks when things don’t go as planned, or at least his plan. Yuudai has a tendency to snap reverting to a more savage state. In this state he normally dual wields the falchions granted to him from his father to move erratically with the mindset that whatever the means to finish the job. Fortunately this is a side of the boy that comes out very seldom and not many have seen him when he reaches his most desperate.

[Emissary]
Special: Gets Stage 1 of Kaze no Shinken for free
Primary: Physical
Secondary: Chakra
Tertiary: Mental
Stat Merit: +2 Speed, +1 Control
Stat Flaw: -2 Intelligence, -1 Willpower

[Blade Dancer]
Stat Merit: +1 to Strength, +1 to Speed, +1 to Tactics
Stat Flaw: -1 to Willpower, -1 to Reserves, -1 to Power

[Total Merit] +3 Speed, +1 Control, +1 Strength, +1 Tactics
[Total Flaw] -2 Willpower, -2 Intelligence, -1 Reserves, -1 Power

[Statistics]

Physical

Strength: 1 [+1] +4 +2 =8 +10
Speed: 1 [+3] +6 =10 +12
Stamina: 1 +9 +1 [+1 TP] =12 +15

Chakra

Power: 1 [-1] +1 +1=2
Control: 1 [+1] +6 =8
Reserves: 1 [-1] +1 =1

Mental

Intelligence: 1 [-2] +2 =1
Tactics: 1 [+1] +2 +2 =6
Willpower: 1 [-2] +2 +2=3

[Jutsu & Techniques]

Quote:
Kaze no Shinken
Stage Three
Requirements: 11 Stamina, 9 Speed, 8 Control
Bonus: +15 Stamina, +12 Speed
Specials
Shinken - 2 Control, 2 Power
Quote:
Dance of the Savage
Stage Two
Requirements: 8 Strength 6 Stamina 6 Control
Bonuses: +10 Strength, +8 Stamina
Quote:
Kyuusoku Seiryuu Iaijutsu
Stage Two
Requirements: 9 Speed, 6 Tactics, 5 Strength
Bonuses: +10 Speed, +8 Strength
Quote:
Sand Genjutsu
[S1] Kazeoto
Requirements: 3 Willpower, 2 Control
[Inventory]
Shinobi Kit
-Scented Needles
Nokogiri
-Katana – 3
--Elemental Weapon[Wind] – 1
Divine Gate Scroll
Tsurugi and Kanazuchi
-Falcata - 2
--Glow - 1
-Kopis - 2
--Obscure - 2

Initial Weapon Points: 8
Weapon Points Purchased: 4
Weapon Points Used: 12
Remaining Weapon Points: 1

[Biography]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucracy of Kaze no Kuni—Spartoi Interview

*tape recorder clicks

Take a seat and welcome. Can you start by introducing yourself?

Saijikisha Yuudai of the Kaihoukan Clan. Age 11. Son of Hakaisha Sora and Saijikisha Atsuko.

Different last names yet of the same clan, is that correct? Tell me about that a little bit before we get to the meat of this interview.

What’s there to talk about?”

If I remember correctly, the two tribes aren’t all that similar. How do you balance the two?

Well, since my father is a shinobi, he was never around. So I pretty much grew up with my mom and her tribe. I guess dad was a busy man. Can’t blame him. Mom never did. But I gained my patience for learning I guess from her.

Interesting. I guess that explains your aptitude with different swords and sword styles. But doesn’t that get to be a bit daunting?

I’m not exactly the best swordsman for my age as you saw. Probably from stretching myself too thin, learning so many different movement patterns and stances.

You aren’t the worst either. Far from it. But let me guess. Your bout with Ogiwara showcased perhaps the other side of you. What happened there?

I got pushed against a wall, I guess. Not really impressive.

But the contrary. I’ve heard from other Kaihoukan that Hukaisha is a messenger of balance. Perhaps that part of you is there to keep you in balance. After all, without that aspect you wouldn’t have made it as far as you did and we might not be having this conversation.

*silence for a moment

Sorry. I didn’t mean it like that. Just keep an open mind about it. Anyways. Why did you want to become a shinobi? Your clan has a ritual, correct? Tell me a bit about it.

As much as I love my mom, I couldn’t stay. I felt restless at times and knew that I wanted to travel around, see new places but as far as crafts go, I don’t have the patience for them. But swords…there’s always been something about them that interested me. There’s been conflicts ended by the swing of a single sword. It’s a destructive yet strangely beautiful thing to think about. So when it came time for my Great Enlightening there was no doubt in my mind. It happened quickly for me. At the age of 7. Then I came here and began learning in the ways of the sword. And there I got to see more of my dad.

Interesting, interesting. Your written scores were decent. They started out promising but towards the end kind of tapered off. What happened there?

I don’t want to talk about it.

Oh, alright. How about classmates? I don’t recall seeing any lasting bonds. What’s going on there? Do you not like them?

It has nothing to do with them. I have no problems with anyone. A bit of a grudge against Obama. But that’s simply because he beat me in that fight and was still holding something close to him. But really, I’m not great at anything, so I have to work harder at what I’m good at to keep up.

That’s an interesting way to look at it. That mindset wouldn’t have anything to do with the accident at the academy would it?

We are the ones left. There’s more pressure on our shoulders. We have to perform as much with a smaller class.

Tell me, Yuudai. What are your goals? What do you want to accomplish as a shinobi?

I…I don’t know.

You have to have some idea. What do you want to accomplish? Did you want to be like him? Did you want the fame and glory that comes with being a good shinobi?

I just wanted something to work for. I guess my goal would be to always find someone better. Kind of like a motivation to push me forward.

That…that’s a different answer. But I guess I should have expected that from you. We are done here now though. Thank you for your time and congratulations on graduation.
[Other Information]
Advanced Character
AP Usages: 2 Tactics, 1 Power, 1 Jutsu 2 to WP

[Mission Log]
Birth of a New Fang 12 Advanced Points (11 Stats, 1 Jutsu), 2 GMAP(Stats), 6 AP(3 Stats, 1 Jutsu, 2 to WP)
Spartoi Awards 1 Stamina
[Spartoi] A Battle Between Frienemies +1 Stamina, +Stage 3 Kaze no Shinken

Items/Swaps/To Do List

Last edited by Hitoko; 06-17-2017 at 02:46 AM..
Old 02-15-2016, 06:23 AM   #2
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM

Ace of Swords—Saijikisha Yuudai [Kana]
Decisive ability to cut through confusion / Expose deception

I get to critique my Secondary as hard as I’ve been critiquing everyone else, lol, nice. But truth be told, I’ll be echoing what I talked to you about via Skype, just so everyone has a fair scope of what exactly I’m looking for, or would like to see more of (since no one else is contesting your position as Ace of Swords, and Yuudai has been mentioned as a prominent figure in the community of Spartoi). Now, I don’t mean for you to write something all expansive or episodic, the biography of 851 words is something I’d be fine with; but other than his name, there’s no story hook or reason for him to be part of the Kaihoukan. And also, the Golden Gauntlet shouldn’t be the real focus of the character.

The biography just needs a bit more meat, a bit more substance. We know a bit about his mom and pops, but it’s a bit vague. Some questions I asked were mainly things like—why is he named Saijikisha Yuudai, what is the importance of his clan and family, how is he coping with any of the events happening in Sand. Sure, he’s a Genin, but if his story hook, as the Ace of Swords, weighed more on the developmental aspects of what the reason why he liked swords was—and incorporated more of the Kaihoukan culture in the character sheet/bio—then that alone would bring more to the table.

I’ve come to realize the Spartoi Project is a tale of a group of kids dealing with survivor’s guilt, so that angle in itself should add more to your character’s perspective than simply mentioning what happened in the tournament. And I know some of this is due in part that the Kabane (now Kaihoukan) information wasn’t immediately available, but still, got to fatten this bad boy up.

I’ll come back through once that is fattened up since this can’t move until we get the Kaihoukan stuff through. But, seeing how no one else is contesting your spot, you’re a shoe in for the long run.

Thanks for your patience g.

Additional Notes:
Quote:
Okay with the alias, better work
Okay finally a crackin’ Nindo, lol
This needs a lot more meat
Spelled Nevin’s name wrong, lol

Spartoi Mentions:
Etsuya
Hiryo
Old 02-16-2016, 04:40 PM   #3
Junge
it never gets easier

Quote:
Speed: 1 [+2] +6 =9 +12
I believe this should be a [+3] from the archetype bonuses, bringing him up to 10 speed total.

Quote:
Stamina: 1 +8 +2=11 +15
The maximum any genin can have in any stat at creation is 10. This will effect your jutsu, since you can't take stage three Kaze no Shiken anymore.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:06 AM   #4
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

Rewrote the entire bio...decided against rewriting the character and made those stat/jutsu corrections as well as inventory as a result of losing a stage of Kaze no Shinken

Items/Swaps/To Do List
Old 03-11-2016, 03:53 PM   #5
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM

Sand GM Approval off the strength of you be RPin'. Let's get this and the rest of the Kaihoukan stuff out the registry, lol.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:17 PM   #6
Seikon
Sandman

Seems like the numbers work out now. Spartoi pls

halfed

SEIKON
UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 3
Old 03-11-2016, 05:00 PM   #7
Calibur
Storyteller

Allow this to be my first Clan GM Approval. Wow, feels good.

Now, go do good!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:11 PM   #8
kyzuko
in lame man terms

Half approved

"The more I see of what you call civilization,
the more highly I think of what you call savagery!"

Robert E. Howard, King Kull
||GM, Arechihana Bloodline Clan of Sand||
||Co-GM, Shoda Bloodline Clan of Cloud||
\\Shoda Hoshihana, Cloud Jounin//
//Arechihana Sasori, Spartoi\\
||Yotarou Ouji, SUNA chuunin||Koike Kano, ANBU||
||Hasami Kuma, the Iron Devil of Sound||Tsubasa Kinoshita, Rain Jounin||
Jutsu||Items
\\Taka//
Old 03-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #9
Bukowski
So far so Gone

Half

One Moar!

Don of the Sanada Family
Grass Capo to Big Boss Cain

Yeah, I stunt, but I’m a li’l more realer
When it come from the heart, don’t it feel mo’ iller?
Watch my flow go bananas, I’m a li’l gorilla
So pardon me, man, y’all gon’ have to pardon me

Old 03-13-2016, 10:27 PM   #10
Jami
Pretentious Douche

Approved for you.