iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:56 AM   #1
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

Default Ducks and Deuces

See You, Raise One
PART ONE; Ducks And Deuces
Ah there was nothing like a Saturday. Sure, it normally was just another day on the job for most folks, and for The Ripple Shark of Mist it was filled with doing Cap'n Juzo a favor of working porter at one of Kirigakure's docks, checking in merchant ships, charging docking fees, and dealing with damn ignorant sailors who don't know how to park boats. But there was a benefit to the moments of drudgery that were sincerely below his pay grade.

Saturday Night.

He had convinced Ren to go on a blind date with some girl Tako had never even met. Some desperate sister of an even more desperate brother. If Tako could guess, the Jellyfish was cursing under his breath at this very moment, pissed at how sincerely below his attractive-grade that Ren's date was. But it was all for a good cause.

Gambling.

Tako was walking onto his lovely tug, The Gallant Steam, just as twilight was beginning. The Clam's Pearl Lounge was holding their monthly Hold 'em Card night in Gull Country. Only the best of the best got to attend this event, and The Surgeonfish had been attending, on and off, for the past two years. He was a regular.

Even if Tako did have to attend while looking a little irregular. Shunning his hammerhead haori for a high-class pinstripe suit (which he had won off of a drunk businessman long ago), the green-eyed Tanshin looked downright fancy. He even had a special pair of nancy glasses, making him look like he ate his grapefruit with a spoon and drank sparkling wine to celebrate. Hair was slicked back in good form, per the norm, but it seemed he had actually tamed it with a comb, and he was wearing a watch, glittering silver and forever displaying that it was a quarter to either noon or midnight.

Despite the broken timepiece, Sazanami Tako was still right on time to make it to Gull Country by ten o'clock. As he hopped on the steam-operated tug, his chakra flew through the vessel, its rope untethered from the dock and tied neatly to the hull. With a rumble, a cough from deep within the belly of the boat, and a puff of steam, The Gallant Steam began to chug along, like a Leaf in the Stream, towards its destination.

Little did the Surgeonfish Gambler know, he had set forth towards The Clam's Pearl Lounge with a hand he didn't know he had been dealt. Time would only tell what lay in wait, tinkering in The Gallant Steam's belly.

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [19] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Last edited by Based Kiba; 04-06-2017 at 04:10 AM..
Old 04-06-2017, 06:38 AM   #2
Hitoko
Shichidaime Sunagakure GM

He hated it.

Everything about his last diplomatic mission? Terrible. He hated it. From almost being thrown up on by the number two rookie Boukyaku Hanada, to stopping a fight between them and a pair of foreign Genin of Hidden Leaf—one a mute, to boot—the whole experience was terrible. Echizen hated it. He didn’t know how to deal with it. He didn’t understand why everything turned out the way it did. Even now, as the moonlight kissed through the circular window of his quarters located in the Gallant Steam’s boiler room, the boy’s bandage wrapped hand throbbed with a reminiscent intensity over the girl who sunk her teeth through his flesh as he played peace keeper to the quartet. Fact of the matter was, Echizen didn’t know how to deal with things of that nature.

So when the mission ended, and they cut the introvert Hyousetsu his check, one couldn’t articulate how fast he leapt aboard his personal kayak—the Swordfish—and sputtered back to the Kirigakure docks without so much as a goodbye to his peers. Why? Well, of course, he didn’t want to deal with them, but, more important, the Silverfin Carp had work to accomplish.

They didn’t call him the Twilight Blacksmith for nothing, ya’know.

Where interactions with people failed, the solitude of work kept his nerves calm. Well, that, and the music sounding through his headphones after docking the Swordfish at the port and scurrying back onto the Gallant Steam adorned in the traditional outfit of a blacksmith—apron and all. What was most curious, though, was the large bag full of raw materials and ores he purchased in the market place of Umitoshi, a trade city he’d been too broke to buy anything at, but with that horrid mission funding his endeavors, Echizen lost himself in hours upon hours of work within the belly of the ship.

Surrounded by a canvas of blue prints and bladed items, a small bed and workbench, and various trinkets he’d been experimenting with, Echizen’s attention was so focused on his current project—an upgraded duo of knives he was crafting for Tako—that he hadn’t noticed the engine to the boat, which was behind him mind you, coughing in quiet work. Or, at least, that was until a thick-gloved hammer wielding hand knocked the cord out of his ear as the mechanics of the tug flooded his ears.

Curiosity lead the boy outside, but once he realized how far from, well, anything he was, horror widened his eyes.

Oh. Please. No…

Had the ship been stolen while he worked? The Genin almost panicked.

O-oh no-no-no-no-no-no my boat—!

—It was still at the docks, he opted to tie it back on the Gallant Steam later. His nerves continued to rise, until, well, he noticed:

Sazanami-sama?

Now he was confused. Why was he dressed so nice?

W...where are we going?

But then, the purple hues of the Hyousetsu boy narrowed on his commanding officer, his messy haired bun floating with the breeze. Ren was bragging about some blind date he had, could this mean the Jellyfish set up a date for the Shark?

"This...this isn't one of your girl errands again, is it? Uh, sir?"

Echizen didn't want to be a third wheel.

Neither did he know how to deal with this.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #3
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

Tako had been watching the beauty of the ocean as it moved around the boat for about an hour. It was one of his favorite moments of zen, when he was alone on The Gallant Steam, staring out at the big blue world, and wondering how he could be so lucky. Masterful killer, skilled gambler, Revered Captain of a beautiful boat, immaculately conceived by a whore in Kukitou, Tako was proud to be the son of Umikami, God of the Sea. That his father was the very ocean itself, that was his own secret.

As the young Hyousetsu began his march up the steps to the Gallant's deck, Tako was simply breathing in saline air, fidgeting around with how his business shirt was tucked into his pants, and trying to go over the names of the Clam's Pearl Lounge staff, whom he had been visiting too long to be caught not knowing.

But tranquility ceased as Tako heard a name he didn't expect to hear for at least another twelve hours.

"Eeeeehh????!!!" Tako didn't move, but simply stared strangely out at the sea, wondering why his meditations had caused him to imagine hearing the voice of The Carp. Taking a mental look at his calendar, he had no memory of recently ingesting hallucinogenics. It was not like him to gamble under that sort of influence.

"No..." Tako closed his eyes and began to grumble loudly from deep in his belly. No hallucinations here. Just a cry-baby blacksmith who had been hanging around on his boat too damn much. "Oh no-no-no-no-no."

He had still been whispering to himself, hoping that it was all a dream of meditation, but the Tanshin could feel the boy stepping closer to him now. He could smell his genin charge, a unique olfactory scentmark that reminded Tako of rosemary, iron, and cooked turtle. It was all real. Saturday night was

"RUINED!" Sazanami Tako spun around to stare at the young man in front of him, and wasted no time in monologuing.

"Dammit Carp, I swear to Umikami, if you do not get yourself a mother[Meow]ing hobby that does not include working on my boat soon, I am going to sit your ass down in the Gallant Guppy and make you sail your ass to Seirei no Shima and make yourself an offering to whatever disagreeable Giant Boar they pray to over there and have your delicious, little, half-full brain of yours be heralded as the next greatest delicacy the world has ever seen! And then it's kaput to your little Ice Clan, midget."

It didn't help to mention that Tako was fairly close in height to the young Echizen.

"Seriously, do you know the missions this gal goes on? Do you?! What if I was going to assassinate a governor or implode the Castle of Kenjitou and had to get away tout-suite, and your dumb ass was on this boat to slow me down? Huh? HUH?!"

Or what if Tako had bet The Gallant Steam and lost it in a bet, and in turn had lost Hyousetsu Echizen.

"Dear lord Umikami above," Prayer hands had formed as his green eyes searched, heavenbound, for the moon. "Give me the power of will to cease from slitting this guppy's gills here before me, and finding good use for him as food for the fishes. May his body not become the new decoration in the boiler room. May his feeble little hands continue to rend such beautiful glory on my engine and never fuck my life up again like he has tonight."

The rant had all happened so damn fast, complete with erratic gestures, intense eye contact, and serious face-to-face proximity, that by the end of it, Tako wasn't quite sure what he had said out loud, and what kind of curses he had screamed in his head. All he knew was that, with his palms closed together in reverence to his father, he found the moon illuminating his problem, and helping him search for a solution.

And with that, his face, which had become red from rambling, returned to it's normal tan complexion, and Tako inhaled deeply. He really had needed that Ocean Zen Time. It made his stress dip down considerably. It was then that he realized that some of his headache was coming from the way the glasses were pinching his nose. He closed his eyes and brought up three fingers to massage his bridge. He had to think, think hard, to make sure The Silverfin Carp didn't do anything to mess up his chances to make some big bucks.

"Oii... Carp, What in Samehada's Hell are you doing on my boat?"

Last edited by Based Kiba; 04-07-2017 at 06:28 AM..
Old 04-07-2017, 06:45 AM   #4
Hitoko

—Ruined!?

….I-it’s called the Swordfis—

…M-midget? You’re not all that tall—

…I would never slow anyone down—

—Slit my throat!? You’re overreact—!?

W-what am I doing here? What am I doing here!?

What was once a confused and mystified gaze had flashed with determination as the baby-faced blacksmith’s cheeks bloated into a pout. First he was involved with a terrible mission, then he was forced to polish every inch of the Gallant Steam per The Ripple Shark’s orders, and now he was being yelled at after finding solace in his labor? Not tonight. No. Not tonight. He had to put his foot down. Gen couldn’t be there all the time to defend him in his meekest of moments. So, lifting his right hand and pointing the hammer he was utilizing toward Tako, an accusatory tone hung amidst the depths of Echizen’s little voice as he—out of the blue—blasted back with his own frustrations that followed him throughout the last handful of days.

I was working on a new pair of knives for you, you…Y-you…you jerk!

The project was supposed to be a surprise. So, surprise? Echizen could feel the edge of his eyes become warm from the tears he held back, but he kept going:

A-and you said I could be on board this weekend to work! Remember!?

—It’s the reason why he polished the whole ship so nice. The boy reached into his apron, which had been caked with oils and coals due to the nature of his work, and produced a small metallic pocket box that he kept funds for the ship in. The shorter lad waved the box in Tako’s face as he continued:

Besides, this is full now,” He spoke, in reference to the funds he acquired because of the mission, “A-and so is the kitchen!

Which he stocked, too!

Just as bright red as Tako’s face was, Echizen’s own had matched the hue. But, realizing that he just, essentially, catharsis’ed and unpacked his day onto the Ripple Shark made him realize something—he and the Jellyfish were rubbing off on him, all ready. Crimson cheeks flushed bright pink as a wave of embarrassment overwhelmed the young Genin as he rubbed the tears from his eyes via the back of the oversized gloves he wore.

S-sorry…” Echizen sighed an apology, calming his nerves through a series of mental coping mechanisms so he’d function proper, “It…it’s just been a long day….

A nervous chuck left him

…But…even if you wanted to kick me off right now, you couldn’t…

His thumb pointed toward the horizon, in the opposite direction the ship was currently going.

The Swordfish's docked at the port…

So he was stuck there.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #5
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

"For me?" Amidst all the midnight shouting and overlooking Echizen's comment on his height, Tako was given great pause. He would normally still be shouting at the top of his lungs, and especially to have his underling yelling at him, it would be unheard of for such insubordination to go unpunished.

But they were alone. And Echizen had said something about making Tako some knives. And reminded Tako that he was the one who had forced Echizen to work the weekend polishing his boat. And that Tako had emptied the ship's piggy bank last week to make it look less strange that he had pocketed that money for tonight. He had really been out of line, yelling at the little dude like that.

And The Carp is still makin' time for his good ol' Captain Tako? Atta' boy!! Working on the Gallant was hard work. It was always crunch time. Deadlines were sharp. Missions relied on speed, hustle, and no distractions. It was no wonder that Tako looked on tonight, his night off, as a mission in it's own right. He needed to take it easy, just for tonight. Tako stared fondly down at the hammer-wielding yung'un. All that fire and work ethic had to come from somewhere. Why couldn't a guy like him take credit for some of it? He was a damn good captain, after all, even if he only had two crew kids to boss around.

"Hey, hey, Carp." Tako had taken to the nickname quickly. And had quickly forgotten about the fact that The Swordfish The Gallant Guppy was not tied up on the side of the boat. A little fact he had overlooked, as he wasn't used to the kayak on the starboard side yet.

"Hey look, little buddy," Tako closed the distance to the kid, hoping to get back to that Ocean Zen mode he loved so much. All the while, he didn't quite know what to do with a kid. You had to be of a certain age to get into the Clam's Pearl Lounge. "Look here. We all got troubles in this world, y'know? Lotsa hard work, lotsa pain. That's shinobi work, right there, nah? Lemme say this, and let me say this only once."

"I'm sorry." The whole world held it's breath, taking note of one of the first times Tanshin Kurobitsuke had ever said sorry and sort of meant it.

"I didn't mean to come off so strong there, nah, Carp? Y'see, ya just startled me, is all." Tako tried that thing he had seen in movies, where he walked the kid to the bow of the boat while keeping his arm around his shoulders. It was surprisingly easy to do with Echizen, unlike with Ren who was severely more vertically talented. "See, I was just out here, appreciating the sea, and all that good ol' Umikami's given me, and here you came up, startlin' me. And I'm out here, y'see, getting ready for a real important mission, kid."

Queue bullshit.

"And y'know, I can't be having precious cargo with me on important missions. So it's cool and all but havin' you on board is, how do you say..." Tako was stalling for time, as he was only barely coming up with a way to sell this night to the kid. "A liability."

"Ya know, even Ren wasn't even s'pposed to know about t'night. And now you're here, picking the teeth of the jaws of secrecy." The plan was slowly forming. "And now, what am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to just keep you on the boat? Surely you'll be in danger. Should I take ya with me? What good'll that do?"

What good indeed...

"I mean, humor me, kid. What would you do, if you was Captain?"

Last edited by Based Kiba; 04-07-2017 at 07:46 AM..
Old 04-08-2017, 05:18 AM   #6
Hitoko

Wa-wait, what?

Being yelled at and dealing with the consequences was one thing, but being yelled at and then hearing an apology—from Captain Sazanami no less—was unheard of. Simply, the whole concept of it caught the little swordsmen off guard, so much so that what little tears swelled at the edge of his eyelids dried up with the swiftness. What was left was a boy whose mystified face curled with the span of confusion turning his brows. A purple tinted gaze shifted about his surroundings, as if on a frantic search for hidden cameras, as the Ripple Shark guided him to the bow of the ship, hand on shoulder accompanied by pep talk and all.

Hyperventilation transitioned into a smooth series of breath as the sea breeze’s moon streaked scent filled Echizen’s little lungs. It was calming. Zen like. Ocean Zen, even. Attentive ears followed the words of Tako, the blacksmith massaging the bottom of his own earlobe with gloved fingers to further find his center—another coping mechanism to his sporadic nerves. As far-fetched and eccentric as the adventures of The Gallant Steam were, Echizen found it curious at how dire, but solemn, the logic was behind the green-eyed Shark’s words.

…W-well…I guess you’re right…

…So that’s the reason you’re dressed s-so…nice
?”

And also, it was not like the Hyousetsu child could attest to the Tanshin’s solo journeys. If there was one thing the Gallant Steam was, it was a hub for crewmates taking on quirky missions either alone or posse’ing up together. For the accolades they acclaimed in solitude, members didn’t really discuss those things amongst one another. But with that being said, there was a reason he was personally asked to join the ship’s crew. Maybe it wasn’t the fact that he was the Number One Rookie of his class, but beyond that, the sole purpose of Echizen accepting the offer was to further his career as a shinobi, to climb closer to his goals to attain the mantle of one of the Legendary Seven.

And to reach that objective, missions—no matter how dangerous—

Take me with you."

—They were necessary.

I-if I were Captain, uh, sir, I’d let me go with you.

Ambitious eyes devoid of hesitation now looked up at Tako, whereas a pool of potential and confidence oozed from the little boy’s frame. These rare fits of clear articulation of his thoughts often came when high stakes missions were involved, whereas Echizen felt the need to leap head first into these things opposed to taking a back seat.

He couldn’t deal with a lot of things, but he didn’t want to run for anything, either.

I-I mean, what’s the mission, even?” Now he was becoming a bit excited from curiosity. Jittery hands motioned from Tako to himself as he analyzed his commander’s outfit and his own, “Do I need to dress up fancy, too? I normally do. I mean I brought my lucky haori and tie, it’s downstairs in my room. And cologne my mom packed. I mean I could shower too, probably. Plus we have all the necessary communication unites for it. And I’m real small. Is there espionage involved? I can fit in tiny places as a look out? Or even better, I could stall back and keep an eye on your surroundings for you like an Otacon or something, too. I mean two eyes are better than one, ya’know? I can back you in anyway you need be to Captain Sazanami-sama—

—Okay, maybe he was getting a bit too carried away here.

He noticed.

And then shut up, embarrassed, again.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:21 AM   #7
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

Captain Sazanami-sama, eh??

Well, that just has a nice ring to it.

Tako took in a deep breath from the ocean breeze, to fill his lungs up. His whole body was filling with energy, and he wanted to laugh at how easy it all was, to trick his little rookie. He wanted to scorn him for being so gullible. But, then again, if he did that, Tako wouldn't be able to soak up how good he was at lying.

"Hah-hah-hah!" Tako chuckled quickly, and cut himself off, for he felt like his lungs were about to erupt in unstoppable laughter. This was better than winning forty thousand ryou with a pair of ducks.

"Take you with me, hmmm?" The older man pulled at his chin, the typical few whiskers that were normally there having been shaved off to make The Surgeonfish look especially fancy. Echizen had, in his own way, put forth an idea that wasn't half a bad thought. He just had to take the half-bad thought and think it through to being half-good.

"Hmmmmmmm........" The sound died out as Tako looked out to the ocean. Waves lapped against the boat as it tugged towards Seagull Country. Ocean Zen Mode, initiated.

"Welp, I guess I've got no choice in the matter." Tako released Echizen from the shoulder-wrap. Too much physical contact was bad for his mojo. He couldn't have The Silverfin Carp stealing all of his luck for the night. "But, if I let you do this with me, and it's gonna be hard, I swear it, it's gonna be reeeeal hard, Carp. But, if I let you do this, you're gonna owe me. I'm goin' out on a limb here."

Ever the bargain maker, Tako was trying to think of something that Echizen hadn't done for him yet. Tako had just done his laundry, in anticipation of tonight. He had stocked up on groceries, to make sure he had food in case he came home having wasted all of his money in a reckless bet. The boat was looking darn clean, if he had anything to say about it.

"Alright! You got it. But you're gonna have to show me these knives you're talking about, and you're going to have to help me next weekend as the porter in the North East docks, checking in boats, charging docking fees, making sure those damn ignorant and drunken sailors don't crash their sailboats into any yachts when they try to park."

Tako, in that moment, had successfully signed off the rest of his active duties for the month. The Ensign continued, certain from the show of excitement that the young guppy would leap hard at the chance to play ninja.

"Only then, if you'll do that for me, will I let you help me on this mission."

. . .

"But before all else, kid, you must tell me one thing."

Tako turned away from the ocean to look hard and square into the eyes of the young Hyousetsu Echizen. Perhaps it was the fact that Tako was taller than someone at last that the chuunin was suddenly showing such robust fondness for him.

"How much do you know about poker?"

Last edited by Based Kiba; 04-08-2017 at 04:23 PM..
Old 04-08-2017, 10:25 PM   #8
Hitoko

As for the terms concerning their bargain

Deal.”

But he waved an index finger.

And when they’re done…the knives. I’ll show you.

Those were still in the process of being finalized, and as for the terms concerning his knowledge of poker.

I know enough.

He lied, but made no visual que of this.

A-at least enough to know the difference between a…good hand and bad hand…

Often, he’d watch his late Aniki—Gunko—play some sort of weird card game in a friend’s basement that they’d frequent. Although Echizen’s knowledge of Poker was, well, null and void, he did have an affinity to pick up foreign concepts pretty quick. Fact of the matter was, Poker wasn’t a game he was all that interested in—he was more of a chess, or shougi or go type of kid. But, with that being said, the Carp was willing to lie his ass off in order to be apart of this super stealth mission, a mischievous trait garnered by his other Aniki, Gen. Plus, at this point, if he didn’t go with Tako and stayed cooped up on the ship, he’d worry.

Echizen was a worrier, a warrior worrier, even. But that’s beside the point.

Wa…what is the mission, anyway? Um…Sir.

With all the thoughts swirling about the little boy’s mind, the most important aspect of him even agreeing to be apart of this situation had still been shrouded in mystery. Timid hands were removed from gloves as he folded and pocketed every item he was holding into the depthless confines of his apron. Adjusting the manbun, or boy-bun, he held his hair in; Echizen’s full attention now lay on his Captain.

Are you gambling?”

Echizen back-tracked:

Are we gambling?

As much as he knew about Sazanami Tako, never had he ever once heard about the Ripple Shark gambling, so when he prodded the taller Chuunin with questions, there was an oblivious innocence laced in his tone. Like a little brother captivated by the magic of an elder sibling, Hyousetsu Echizen was now in a space where, well, anything Tako could come up with would be taken at face value.

I’m just…uh…wondering what I should prepare for…Sir.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #9
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

This little punk.... Tako squinted a little at the wag of the index finger. The nervy insubordination, to refuseto show his captain the knives he was working on, irked the blonde-haired gambler. But he was in far too good of a mood to let it all bother him. The tiny, simple power play just made Tako all that more excited to get to the casino. He was ready for that rush.

"Nah, Carp. We are not gambling." Tako was beginning to understand that his undercover identity, The Surgeonfish Gambler, was at risk if he trusted all of it with the young boy. Who knew how good he was at keeping secrets? But, hadn't Cap'n Juzo said something last week, a word of advice he hadn't wanted, something about having to learn to trust some people.

"I will be gambling. Official business yadda yadda. You, kid, are gonna be nowhere near me." At this, Tako poked Echizen in the shoulder with one hand and pulled a small booklet out of a pocket with the other.

He thrust the small guide towards Echizen.

A Complete Miniature Guide to Tentoji Hold 'Em.

The game, Tentoji Hold 'Em, got it's name from a city in Bear Country, where the card game was said to have originated. The rules within waited for Echizen. But Tako still had one index finger on the boy's shoulder.

"Here's what we're doin', kid." The past five minutes had given Tako plenty of time to figure out something that the Carp could do, fairly harmlessly with a fair sense of fun. "I'm goin' in to The Clam's Pearl Lounge. The people there are gonna call me a different name. They call me Surgeonfish, y'know those blue and yellow things ya see in fish stores.

"You, are gonna go through the back."
Tako grinned devilishly. He had come and gone through the back plenty of times since he had begun going there. He knew the whole building like the back of his hand. But he was a skillful sneaker. "So consider this a test.

"You do not know me, get it? If someone catches you, you tell me through the radio, and you have an excuse for what you're doin' there. And you can wait for me to come pick yer ass up from their security gate when I finish what I'm doing."
Which was gambling for recreation, even if it did help keep his guise of The Surgeonfish Gambler relevant in the underground scene.

"There's a gate around the back, barbed wire, a trip alarm, and then once you get in one of the three doors, there're stairs that run through the back of the whole spot. Three stories, one basement. You." Tako poked hard again. He wanted to make sure Echizen didn't end up stumbling upon the prostitutes that worked the third floor.

"Go to the basement. Get to the security office. Find me on the screen, and watch my tables." Tako took a moment for his direction to sink in. And to figure out how to make this seem like an important mission.

"Yer gonna tell me what the players are holding." Tako didn't know how much of the gambling thing the kid understood. He wondered, for a moment, if this was going to get him in trouble, or worse, interested in poker. "We aren't here to win. We're here to watch."

It was almost halfway true. He was going to The Clam's Pearl to watch. But he was also going to win.

"Now get yer ass downstairs and change. No headbands, no blue. No Mist things. And read that book. You've got," Tako looked out at the water, the southern coast of Annaitou getting closer. "Sixteen minutes."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fifteen minutes and twenty three seconds later, Tako was tying off the Gallant Steam onto a small wooden walkway suspended over the water. It was about thirty feet long, just far out enough for The Gallant to tie up to it's very end. Rickety and old, it led up to a small house, where an old hermit lived whom Tako knew well. They had an age-old agreement, courtesy of The Tanshin clan, that Tako could park there whenever he damn well please. In the small bay, the dock, and the Gallant, were nearly invisible to any boat that might pass by this part of Annaitou's shore, thanks to the rocky outcroppings that made getting to the old man's dock so difficult.

Only years of memory of this part of Annaitou and expert maneuvering would let someone sail all the way in to shore.

Now that they had made it to the island, Ocean Zen Tako was lost to the depths of the ocean. He was the tense and aggressive man that Hyousetsu Echizen had been getting used to. To be completely honest (Tako was never, ever, completely honest) he was a little nervous about the kid being with him. He hated liabilities.

Damn brat sneakin' on my boat. That little shit better not get caught....

"Oi! Get yerass movin', Carp! We gotta walk another mile. And don't forget the rules! If you [Meow!] up, you fail."

Last edited by Based Kiba; 04-09-2017 at 05:00 PM..
Old 04-27-2017, 06:31 AM   #10
Hitoko

O-oh. So then, gambling…

Tentoji Hold’em? H-hold him? Hold…h-her—?

Surgeonfish. Got it. So kinda like Finding Do—

—Wait, through the back?

Barbed wire? Alarms?

Th-three stories…basement. Are there blue prints I could…?

Okay. Okay. All right. There to watch. Hm. Mhm. Not win.

Huh?

But wouldn’t winning benefit us in the long run—

—O-okay. Okay. Jeez, okay!

A whole lot of information was presented in such a small frame in time that, if it wasn’t for the miniature notebook the boy carried, most of the specifics might have been lost by the wayside. Tako was a good person, for the most part anyway, but sometimes his explanations would go on for a bit longer than he’d expect. But who was Echizen to judge such a trait? The little Mist Genin was known to go on random whispered and muttering tangents when figuring out and aligning new intel—something that almost happened at his very moment, which was why he opted out for the notebook and pen route.

With sixteen minutes until show time, the baby-faced blacksmith tucked all the utensils and gear he carried into the oversized pockets of his oversized apron before scurrying off into the belly of the Gallant Steam.

Quick changes weren’t a problem for him,
But maintaining a lie put a bit of pressure on his conscious

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Okay, okay, jeez, okay—I’m here, I’m here—

—You ain’t gotta yell, Echizen omitted.

When he emerged from the docked Gallant Steam, his customized boot clad feet thudded against the wooden plank walkway to shore as moonlight washed over the attire the shy boy wonder decided to wear. Almost matching the sheer finesse of Tako’s clothing with a timid, yet humbled, fashion, Echizen’s dress style mashed together modern styles with the traditional nature of both samurai and shinobi. Honestly, it wasn’t far from anything he’d be seen wearing on a normal day—or mission, even.

Loose fitted pants funneled into steel toed, tabi-inspired boots often worn for parkour. Upon his sash gleamed his favored duo weapons of choice, which he felt was always necessary to carry, even if the guards were bound shut by a charm he carried as a reminder to his number one rookie title. Other than that, everything else spoke for itself. He opted for a collarless banded dress shirt and baggy cardigan, specifically because of the many pockets he’s built into any jackets he’d carry. Although he didn’t carry his headband, crystal strands of hair was tied up in a neat man bun as childlike indigo pearls gazed upon his superior.

Echizen nodded, ready:

I don’t know me—

Ugh, he shook off his nerves:

I-I mean, I don’t know you. Card talk only.

He ignored the no crying on the radio, he couldn’t promise that, the Hyousetsu was a whiner.

A-and…um. Don’t…hm. Don’t beepin’ get caught?

He was sure he could do those things. Easy.

I-is there security in the back?” Curiosity got the best of the boy, “S-should I incapacitate everyone or just sneak by them? Or does it matter? I mean, this place doesn’t sound too big, so does that mean their security wouldn’t check up on one another as much as I’m thinking they would? Or maybe I should just pose as a worker until I get to the basement. They serve food right? Meaning they have a kitchen, I could pose as a food runner and sneak around, or would I be too young for that job? Or—

Catching himself, again, doing the whole muttering whisper train of thought, Echizen massaged the back of his earlobe to calm down. Emitting some semblance of confidence, he looked toward Tako and nodded:

I won’t mess up.

Because he wouldn’t run away

Last edited by Hitoko; 05-21-2017 at 05:06 PM..