iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:57 AM   #1
Junge
on the last train home

Default [Mist Genin] Kurusu Ringo

Name: Kurusu Ringo
Sex: Female
Height: Four feet and one inch

Character Type: Shinobi

Country/Village: Water Country/Kirigakure
Division: NA

Physical Description:
Ringo is an anchor, standing tall and proud even with her tiny frame. Toss her overboard; she will hold steady. When she moves, she snaps. Her voice crows out high-pitched and shrill, like a rooster, and from too large a mouth. Brown, wide eyes judge everything with an appropriate amount of contempt. Her tanned skin boasts not even a speck of grime. Framing her face is a bowl-cut of glossy black hair. Soft, rounded cheeks, a stubby nose, and a childlike body give an impression of a fragile toy. Yet woe be to one who judges her strength as such.

Clothing:
Crisp and clean, every time, all the time. For ‘casual’ clothing she wears old refurbished sailor uniforms, starched and bleached spotless. Big (too big) collared shirts and thick, warm (too warm) overcoats with huge buttons is her most common style. On missions she dons a fresh set of standard Mist shinobi gear, like what a chuunin would wear but without the vest. Each set appears new. She keeps her baton stowed on her side. Other shinobi implements are either sealed away or within easy grasp. Shocking nobody, her headband remains glued around her head at all times, even at home.

Personality:
Every rule, every order, every expectation: followed, understood, met! No questions, sass, or attitude; no playing, listlessness, or drama. Listen, then plan, then execute. There is but one law, and that is Kirigakure, and hallowed be its name. There is no greater honor than to be a soldier for this proud nation apart from dying for it as well. Her duty: to execute Kirigakure’s enemies. Her resolve: unsinkable. Her bedtime: nonnegotiable. She keeps a strict schedule and sticks to it. No soul may pass her notice without harsh judgment. Ringo figured her life out already; why haven’t you?

Nindo ;“Way of the Ninja”:
Watch for obstacles! Mind the ceiling! Don't exceed your limits!

Clan/Bloodline: NA

Primary Archetype::
Beast Master
Primary: Any (Mental)
Secondary: Any (Chakra)
Tertiary: Any (Physical)
Stat Merit: +2 to Speed, +1 to Willpower
Stat Flaw: -1 to Intelligence, -1 to Tactics, -1 to Control

Secondary Archetype: NA

-----------------------------------

Statistics:

Mental

Intelligence: 1 -1(BM) +4(Pool) = 4
Tactics: 1 -1(BM) +4(Pool) = 4
Willpower: 1 +1(BM) +2(Pool) +1(TP) = 5

Chakra

Power: 1 +2(Pool) = 3
Control: 1 -1(BM) +3(Pool) = 3
Reserves: 1 +3(Pool) = 4

Physical

Strength: 1 +3(Pool) = 4 +5 (WTW)
Speed: 1 +2(BM) +1(Pool) = 4
Stamina: 1 +2(Pool) = 3 +4(WTW)

--------------------------------------------------

Jutsus and Techniques

Beast Master Traits
Novice Trainer - Genin
Key Trait: Flying Beast
Assigned Animal: Ichi

Beast Trait: Pack Mule
Assigned Animal: Ichi

Beast Trait: [Open]

Well-Timed Warrior
Stage One
Requirements: Strength 4, Speed 4
Bonuses: +5 Strength, +4 Stamina
Special Technique: Pack Mule
Special Technique: Quickdraw

Global Ninjutsu
(1) Henge [Control 3, Intelligence 2]
(1) Anrokku no Jutsu (Unlocking Technique) Requirements: Intelligence 3, Reserves 3

Hidden Mist Genjutsu
(1) Bakuretsu Kunai [Willpower 3, Power 2]
(1) Kani Hokou (Crab Walk) Requirements: Intelligence 3, Reserves 2

Hidden Mist Ninjutsu
(1) Mizu no Waruasobi [Power 2, Tactics 2]

Inventory:
0 - Shinobi Kit
1 - Baton (Tonfa)
1 - Leg Armor
1 - Arm Armor
2 - Shoge
2 - Shortbow (Medium Ballistics)
2 - Body Armor
2 - Gas Mask [Helmet(1) + Breathing Apparatus(1)]
2 - Tear Gas
3 - Riot Shield

Additional Item Points Gained: 6(TP) + 2(Pack Mule) = 8

Item points remaining: 0

-----------------------------------------
Biography:

Moments after birth the infant Ringo opened her eyes, looked at her new world, and scowled. No, she thought. No. Unacceptable. This would not do at all.

Her family lived a large and disorganized life on Bikitoshi. The Kurusus sustained themselves by farming, fishing, and producing children. Ringo, born last of nine, plopped out by accident. She replaced one of the children of the family who left to become a shinobi. Farm life taught her to work hard. Yet the chaos of the large household brought a yearning for structure and order.

Salvation arrived in her shinobi brother. When he returned home he complained nonstop about the rigidity of shinobi life. Ringo soaked in every word. In those tales of woe she imagined a world where law and order mattered. She saw hope.

While siblings played house, Ringo acted out rigid marching formations. When others wrestled, she pretended to organize clandestine military operations. And when the children slept she dreamed of mass incarceration of political dissidents. She idolized her brother's life.

Beating misbehaving chickens with sticks failed to sate that thirst for justice. The only cure: immediate enlistment. At the age of seven her parents enrolled her into the Mist Academy. There she learned of the hard truths of the shinobi world. For instance the Academy no longer forced students to kill each other in brutal combat. The first of many disappointments.

Despite her enthusiasm she found the shinobi arts frustrating and incomprehensible. Making friends proved difficult as well, due to her disposition. She devoted herself to training and maintaining her hobby of raising chickens. Taijutsu faired better. A history of roping surly hens paid dividends. Each year tons of practice and study earned only a refrain of ‘good enough’ from teachers. She squeaked by, alone with her birds.

Her brutal flock husbandry produced one animal of exceptional caliber, known as Ichi. Ringo's army gained its first recruit.

The declaration of war against Seagull exhilarated and enthralled her young mind. When explained academy students would not join the front lines, her heart sank. Instead she yelled at other students when they expressed insufficient enthusiasm for war. She also kept teachers busy by accusing everyone of treason. Her devotion reached such heights she even implicated her shinobi brother in spying. Nothing came of any of it. Extra disappointment arrived when the war itself ended mere months later. Life continued.

Though small, young, and without talent, her attention to detail let her punch above her weight. At age 11 she proceeded to the graduation test. Ringo matched against an older boy with higher marks on every subject that mattered. The resulting battle filled the stadium with a spectacle of emotion and violence. Ringo lost a contest of skill and strength in the critical moments, but held on. This tenacity earned her victory, as her confident opponent bumbled into a trap laid by her beast. Early disappointments aside a tremendous passion now consumes the recently promoted Genin Ringo. Now, she lives her dream.

Other Info:

Thread Ratings:
[08/16/2017] - The One Where They Learn About Bay Wildlife - +4 WP, Quickdraw, 1 AP (Pack Mule), Ichi: Henge
[07/03/2018] - Driftwood - +2 WP, Anrokku, Ichi: +1 Intelligence
[07/10/2018] - Excluminae - +1 Willpower, Kani Hokou (Crab Walk), Ichi: +1 Reserves

====

Name: Ichi
Species: Domestic jungle fowl (colloquially: chicken)
Height/Length: Two feet from shoulder to ground, two and a half feet from breast to tail. Three feet wingspan.

Physical Description: Ichi is a mixed breed rooster with storm-cloud gray feathers on top with glossy black feathers stretching to the wingtips. He has strong legs and wings, capable of sprinting and flying up to tree branches where he prefers to crow. A large, erect red crest cuts vertically from the top of his head down to his chin. Like most chickens he has yellow eyes. His voice is strong and proud, as much as a chicken can be anyway.

Personality: Drilled and disciplined by Ringo since his birth, Ichi is the first chicken to survive the genin’s insane training regime. He responds to simple, coded voice commands without hesitation. When Ringo is not present he is very much a normal rooster, prone to bouts of flightiness and picking trivial fights before running away. Ichi carries a multitude of small items and has a few basic strategies memorized, such that Ringo can give single-word orders and have him carry the plan out without assistance. Ringo ingrained this loyalty so deep that even when near death, Ichi will carry out the orders as demanded. Currently a father of 14.

Statistics

Mental

Intelligence: 1 +1(Pool) +1(TP) = 3
Tactics: 1 +4(Pool) = 5
Willpower: 1 +2(Pool) = 3

Chakra

Power: 1 = 1
Control: 1 +4(Pool) = 5
Reserves: 1 +1(Pool) +1(TP)= 3

Physical

Strength: 1 = 1 +4(VF)
Speed: 1 +3(Flying Trait) +1(Pool) = 5 +5(VF)
Stamina: 1 +2(Pool) = 3

Skills
Vortex Fist
Stage One
Stat Requirements: Speed 5, Stamina 3
Stat Bonuses: +4 Strength, +5 Speed

Global Ninjutsu
(1) Henge [Control 3, Intelligence 2]

Inventory
1 - Razor Wire
2 - Restraint (Net)
3 - Debilitating Poison
2 - Spur [Hidden(1) + Small Weapon(1)]
Ichi possesses a hidden ‘spur’ attached to one of his talons. Normally used on males for cockfighting, Ichi has been trained to use them as well. The spur is an inch long blade which remains unseen until he attacks.

Last edited by Wess; 07-10-2018 at 03:34 PM..
Old 07-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #2
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

A girl named Ringo. Wonky-looking stats. And an exactly 500 word bio, huh? That's how we gon' play? >.>

That said, though the character sheet is brief there's technically nothing wrong with it. All the important points are touched on, and while the bio is incredibly short, it conveys enough for me to understand who Ringo is and actually enjoy the character. I was really hoping that you were going to take 'swarm' when I read she raised chickens but oh well.

Quote:
Currently a father of 14.
I lol'ed.

I'll go ahead and Half Approve and Mist GM Approve on this.

Thank you Relu for the buttons!

I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD

~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Old 07-22-2017, 03:35 AM   #3
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

This is great, but your stat section is confusing as hell until you get it. It looks clunky and unnecessarily different. But whatever. Half Approved.

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [19] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Old 07-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #4
Virtual Dream
Sawakage

Simple character with a nice c

oncept! half approval

Maybe it's the patterns that make me that made me crazy
(a r t i f i c a l f a n t a s y)
(swaps [AP] items)

Old 07-25-2017, 03:20 AM   #5
Wess
General Moderator

I'm so here for this. Half'd.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:26 AM   #6
CommonRider
Snow Village GM

Half Approved

Snow Village GM Prove Me Wrong
Mist Genin | Leaf Genin | Sand Genin | Rain Chuunin | Snow Jounin

AP - Swaps - Weapons/Items
Old 07-25-2017, 04:32 AM   #7
merdle
Robot Admin

Unexceptional character graduating at 10?

Unless Grans says otherwise, I'm going to have to say no on that.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:51 AM   #8
Junge
on the last train home

I just took the youngest age I could find on currently existing Mist genin, which was 10.

Here's the sheet.

But I went ahead and changed it to 11 since it's not a big deal either way.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #9
Seikon
Sun General Storyboy

Half approved, pending age is fine with whoever.

BA-GAWK!

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM
UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 0