iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:48 AM   #1
Mizu
Snow GM

Default [Mist Genin] Hoshimatsyuuyukimoto Hoshi

Hoshimatsyuuyukimoto Hoshi
B-Baka! T-that's so stupid! BAKA!

Name: Hoshimatsyuuyukimoto Hoshi. Hoshi-hoshi to friends.
Affiliation: Hidden Mist Village
The Looks:
She wears her hair long because it looks good in the ocean. She prefers to be in the water, which shows on her strong frame. At barely four feet tall, Hoshi is not an imposing figure but she likes to remain an unknown force. She has honey brown hair and matching eyes, which lead to her small, pointed nose, and average lips. She has short eyelashes and small ears.

Her smile, when she does smile, is stellar, and brightens a room. Her glower is intense and brooding, and she often hangs her hair down about her face to give her scowls a bit more weight. She wears her hair long and loose, rarely tying it up unless it will get in the way. Her bandages are often wrapped tight and covered by variou bracelets. This is because she has been taught since childhood to hide her injuries out of modesty so others didn't assume weakness.
The Get-Up:
If she is in the water, she will no doubt be wearing her tankini swimsuit, preferring to have full range and mobility while swimming. As a sea-faring genin, the preeminent sailor to be honest, she likes being in water, so she is always dressed for the occasion. On land, she will usually wear a lightweight, long sleeved cotton shirt over her swimsuit, paired with moisture wicking athletic shorts, because she once heard its back to sit around in wet clothes all day. She wears forearm and shin guards regularly when she's not donning jewelry. She finds it fortuitous that her clan bandages are hidden this way, as the flowing water from her wrists and ankles can be quite a nuisance to the Everyman.
The Tsundere:
She thinks you're a baka, and will tell you. She has developed this internal fantasy as a tsundere mermaid princess and has been living this delusional lie for so long that she truly believes it. Since a small child, she has had an obsession with the tales of mermaids, believing that she is one. She constantly expects fins to grow and every day they don't she is a little more disappointed and angry. She lives off spite and anger, showing a hard exterior so no one sees the pure, innocent soul she has inside. She is known to be calm and polite, but those are rare moods. Generally, she acts immature and angry, becoming quickly overwhelmed when anyone shows a modicum of politeness to her.

She has horrible writing but details everything for memory's sake. She is somewhat delusional. She edits everything she writes to make it seem more mermaid like, which only furthers the delusions when she rereads her work and doesn't remember writing it (because it's not true, not because she is unable to remember).
Nindo: I'm not cute, and I don't want to be cute! I'm a warrior for Mist... baka!

Archetype: Daredevil
--Defy damage once per thread.
[Physical/Mental/Chakra]
+2 Stamina, +1 Willpower, -2 Tactics, -1 Intelligence

Statistics:
Strength: 1 + 7 = 8 [+3]
Speed: 1 + 3 +2 AP= 6 [+5]
Stamina: 1 + 2 = 3 [+4]

Intelligence: 1 - 1 + 3 = 3
Tactics: 1 - 2 + 4 = 3
Willpower: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

Control: 1 + 3 = 4
Power: 1 + 3 = 4
Reserves: 1 = 1

Arms of the Barrier Reef
[1] Stage 1 – Power 4, Control 4 [+3 Strength]
--[1] Special Technique: Spirit of the Mermaid

Sokushi Instant Death
[1] Stage 1 - Speed 6, Stamina 2 [+5 Speed, +4 Stamina]

Minor Contract Jutsu
[1] Crests: Safety in Numbers - Control 3, Intelligence 2

Horsemen of the Apocalypse
[1] War: Rage - Willpower 2, Power 2
[1] Famine: Hunger - Intelligence 3, Control 2
[1] Death: Memories - Power 3, Control 3

Inventory:
[2] Wrist Blades
[2] Ankle Blades
[0] Shinobi Kit
[4/8 WP Remaining]

Biography:
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Diary
Matsu-kun is the cutest. He swims super fast and he always has this big smile. Tomorrow I'm going to give him this poem I made that expresses my heart feelings for him so he can know my love limits are endless and that way I can always keep his smile in my heart.

---

Matsu is a beast and I'm going to kill him.

---

I don't remember what I wrote about Matsu but I know that whatever I did wasn't important because I got to go the academy for the first time today. I was late, so I waited until the clock was about to ring before I grabbed a piece of toast and put it in my mouth so I could run as fast as I could to make it on time. I made it! It was kawaii, just like the shows I watch, because there were so many people there (a girl even had BLUE hair. Actually blue, like the anime I watch). I was disappointed to learn we don't have to fight each other full out yet, mostly because my soul beats wildly for the chance to show my true courage. Already I can tell I'm the hero of the class because everyone is so stupid and clumsy, but it's kind of cute. They're like baby animals.

I got lucky because I was trained since before I can remember on how to use my fists to devestate the land regardless of the margins of victory. Mist has many shining faces that deserve to beam smiles and we must protect them with our soul fires that burn bright. For their sakes!

We swam today. Someone said I swim so fast I must be a mermaid.

A seer A magnificent sage at school today descended from the heavens and told me the strangest most bone-chilling premonition. He said that he saw in my soul, and that under the flowing waters of hell's River beats the heart of a true mermaid. A shapeshifter in disguise. I'm not saying I believe him but I'm taking it under advisement. I'm sure a seer wouldn't be able to lie, so I will investigate this!

---

Note: I might just be a good swimmer. Apparently, mermaid was a joke? Baka. He knows nothing!

---

I want to fight in the war but Baka-sensei says I'm too young too inexperienced too important to lose. Everyday I train but I can't do anything because I have to refine my power and gain my final form. The Seagull War was the chance to showcase my skills, so I ran off to fight, but didn't make it very far because I didn't know where it was. Instead I did my part by teaching some of our own how to hold their breath for a long time. Sometimes forcibly. And no one died, but no one came to the second lesson, either.

Seagull learned their lesson. I did my part by handing out pamphlets I drew myself. Some bakas said they couldn't read them but how stupid do you have to be to not be able to read? When Maya-home came into power and united the land, I knew that I would impress her and one day become her adopted daughter. My family is great, but I am greater. Kill the infidels! Destroy those who think they can abandon their homeland. Once a part of Mist, it's blood in, blood out!

Someday I will emerge as a genin and lay to rest the pirates and thieves that brutalize our land and make the waters safe for our navy. Someday we will make these waters peaceful, I owe it to my people, the mermaids. That is our true history, once we were sea-faring mer-people, and I will lead us back to the ocean who will be embracing us with waves and crests of long forgotten love and acceptance.

---

I graduated. Of course I did. It was a challenge I welcome adversity so I crushed my opponents with my fists. I didn't even have to use my Barrier Reef arms which would have been a shame because then they wouldn't remember the fear in their hearts as I beat their face in. It was a weak girl who had an ugly bird with her as a pet, but I punched the bird so hard it laid an egg and then I stepped on the egg and crushed it. The girl started crying so I punched her in the face again and said she was a Baka for crying over eggs since they're for breakfast and not for ninja fights. She said I was heartless, so I punched her in the boob (she had boobs) and told her you don't need a heart when you're the best.

---

One day, I'm going to open an academy for princesses of the sea. I will teach them to become one with the ocean. That is my mission. Also, I'm going to kill the pirates and make Mist even bigger than the Leaf Failure or Cloud Loser lands!
Trophy Collection:
The Tsundere Lives! - +2 AP Speed

[[Jadartan]]
Social Media Moderator for Engi.
Co-Secondary Mist GM
Enari Clan GM, The Loyalists GM

Last edited by Mizu; 08-08-2017 at 07:02 PM..
Old 07-26-2017, 02:21 AM   #2
Junge
it never gets easier

Not enough Reserves for annoying cough. You might need to take a different jutsu since there's so little wiggle room for the stats.

Broken bold tags around the biography.

Halfu approvedsu once those issues are fixed.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:24 AM   #3
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

Moar strange Mist Genin!

Do me a favor though. You mind including a little more in her diary about the Seagull conflict as well as her graduation fight? I've got "I want to fight in the war" and "I beat someone's face in with my fists" and that's about it.

Also you don't have enough Reserves for: Plague: Annoying Cough, You baka!

Thank you Relu for the buttons!

I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD

~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Old 07-26-2017, 02:52 AM   #4
Mizu
Snow GM

She did her misguided part to help during the Seagull conflict. Also fleshed out the battle. A little. And added an AP because I am NOT going through those lists again to find a suitable jutsu. Her stats will improve later because she will destroy everyone.

So fixed, and Thank you!

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM

Old 07-26-2017, 12:00 PM   #5
Masked_One
Engi's Own Y2J

Appreciate you making those changes, and well done on them too. Fits in spectacularly.

I personally have no problem with age 11 genin, but given Merdle's sentiments on Junge's genin I guess we can wait and see on that.

For now, however, consider this Half Approved and Mist GM Approved

However, I do believe Grans still needs to look at this for Boukyaku given Sinn's absence.

Thank you Relu for the buttons!

I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO REG REQUESTS.
SHOOT ME A PM OR HIT ME UP ON DISCORD

~ Mist Secondary GM [ in training :P ] ~

Last edited by Masked_One; 07-26-2017 at 12:05 PM..
Old 07-27-2017, 02:51 AM   #6
Based Kiba
Based Kiba

I like her. She's quirky, but it's good to see another Boukyaku. Asuka can't wait to rip her hair out. Half Approved

| Asuka | Aima | Isamu | Kugo | Etsuko | Nin'hon | Hiroshi |

Engi No Volunteer | Secondary Sound GM

Items - Swaps - AP [23] - Tracker - Works In Progress

Old 07-28-2017, 01:49 AM   #7
Kana
Sir Kana of Furyville

Looks pretty good Approved

Items/Swaps/To Do List
Old 07-29-2017, 01:21 PM   #8
Seikon
Sun General

Half'd, gimme all the mist babbies

SAND CO-SECONDARY GM
UNFINISHED | HASHIMOTO DAISUKE | ISHIKAWA EIKO| NADARE

AP: 8
Old 07-29-2017, 09:56 PM   #9
CommonRider
Snow Village GM

Half-Approved

Snow Village GM Prove Me Wrong
Mist Genin | Leaf Genin | Sand Genin | Rain Chuunin | Snow Jounin

AP - Swaps - Weapons/Items
Old 08-08-2017, 05:56 PM   #10
Mizu
Snow GM

Removed from clan so boukyaku can go die.
+2 AP for speed. Redid jutsu.

Go approve it.

[[Jadartan]]
Co-Secondary Mist GM